[MAP] North-East England

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• [Blockierte Grafik: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b1/4…ley-bay-south-shields.jpg]
    Hello chaps.
    First of all, I am brand new on here so if I get this wrong, my bad.

I am from Hartlepool in the UK and I am DYING to play this game in my home region. However, if you know your rail history, you will be aware that this isn't just any region of a random country. The role that this region played in the earliest days of rail transport is as vital as anywhere else, so much so that the point makes itself and I'll leave it at that!

There are many map-size possibilities and terrain challenges, plus a cool coastline.

If I missed something from the request rules please let me know. This looks like a great community and I don't want to bum anyone out :)

• Whilst it's not specifically focused on the Hartlepool area I am currently in the process of creating a Transpennine Map which will span from Liverpool and Manchester up towards Newcastle and Middlesbrough. So it will have some of the North Eastern region in it. :)

• It's probably for the best that no-one ever "focuses" on Hartlepool ;)
    But that's great man. If the Tyne is the northern-most point of this map that would be fine by me.

And by the way, that bus pack is one of my favourite mods so kudos on that. Like all great mods it does leave me wanting more; Stagecoach, National Express etc. The same goes for the UK truck pack. The plan was to request these one at a time!

Edit by Yoshi: Removed full quote. Please read the forum rules.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Yoshi ()

• Thank you so much for the feedback! Yes you can see the Transpennine map i'm working on via my Youtube channel which should be linked below VVV

I'm working on a let's play, as soon as I have worked out how to delete those dreadful contour lines I shall release it.

As for the UK Repaint pack i'm really glad you like it (I'm going to get shouted at by moderators for changing the subject... shhhh don't tell them!) I'm wanting to do more repaints but the only buses I can really use as base vehicles are the Citaro, the Volvo 5000 and the Streetcar. I'm hoping somebody will actually 3d model some more buses for TpF that I can use for the repaint pack.

Kind regards as always

Joe :)

Edit by Yoshi: Removed full quote. Please read the forum rules.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Yoshi ()

• thank you for the kind words @YstlDystl
    I am glad u liked it, I just started to learn how to make maps as well.

I failed many times, because of the lack of good heightmaps. Then I found a good one with high resolution, so I made my first mod.
    I can make this map s well if I find a good one with this region.

However I am kinda busy nowadays, if I can use my PC again and Photoshop, I will tell that.
    Still, the key is a good heightmap, then it is kinda easy with the map creator to make a map, I had to experiment some values for a good result but now I understand how that works as well.

• Whilst it's not specifically focused on the Hartlepool area I am currently in the process of creating a Transpennine Map which will span from Liverpool and Manchester up towards Newcastle and Middlesbrough. So it will have some of the North Eastern region in it. :)

Remember you need to add Hull & Scarborough aswell mate because there are part of the route aswell Joe. :)

• So: I haven't found a height map for this region BUT, I am trying to make it differently. I did cut out the region from my huge EU heightmap and made it 6K in Photoshop.
    I will try it out soon and I will tell you about the results. My questions: What cities do you want to be on the map? However I probably will not be able to create rivers or such, you have to create them manually with mods for your game if you want them.

By the way for a map you have to get a heightmap. There are good sources for them, only good one I know is the OpenTTD website, but this region is just not there...
    link: https://bananas.openttd.org/en/heightmap/

However a new map got released without hills, check it out: (6k) ECML York - Newcastle?

• Okay, I tested the map and it looks good enough. However map generating failed at first for me (tpf.exe has stopped working), but I found out it was caused by a mod.

The shoreline is a bit pixelated, but remember: I resized the whole image to 6K. The mountains/hills are not pixelated, but I had to add 3.5% Gaussian blur to the heightmap image. Rivers cannot be created by the map editor, so you must add them manually. I added 6-7 cities by default, if you tell me what cities do you want, I will add.

the heightmap looks like this:

BlueBrixx