Vehicle Weight and Volume Parameters

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I've been trying to understand how the calculations for maxWeight and maxVolume factor into the games vehicles. I believe I understand maxWeight but I'm not grasping how maxVolume comes into play. I've been searching the site for how it all fits together but it's a bit nebulous at this point.

Very Respectively,

• I hope that I'm not wrong now, but that are no vanilla game parameters. Modders can set them (or not) so a balancing mod (I dont know if it was one from @Seamon or @EAT1963) has access to them to calculate the capacity for specific goods. I think in this balancing mod are density values given to calculate how many of a good can be loaded. But for more detailed informations, we need to wait for the modder ^^

• ok, that answers some of it, and brings about another question. Does the game put hard limits on per rail/truck cargo capacity?

My question stems from trying to repurpose SD70s Bi-level Autorack into a oversized livestock carrier, fictions of course.

I'm in no way a coder, But I can ape what I've seen. The game I'm currently playing, I'm looking at methods and techniques for achieving maximum in/out cargo movement. It's just something I tend to do on a game, finding out how it the game thinks and its hard rules.

Are their any known calculations that the community may have "unveiled"?

Very Respectively,

• The parameters you're asking about are from this mod.

I'm looking at methods and techniques for achieving maximum in/out cargo movement.

The easiest way to maximize the capacity of the rail car is to delete both "maxWeight" and "maxVolume" and use the default capacity parameter instead.

Code
    capacities = {
    	{ type = "LIVESTOCK", capacity = 100 },
    },
    loadSpeed = 2,

capacity = 100 means it will move 25 units in game, with loadSpeed defining how quick loading and unloading happens. As far as I know, there are no limits for both values.

• Ah, It works great, thank you.

A question if not being to impertinent; the maxVolume is what led me to ask the question. I see you calling the parameter but what or where does the volume and weight of each item become defined?

By the way, really enjoying the SD-50s you released. Very nicely done.

Very Respectively,

• The parameters you're asking about are from this mod.

Code
    capacities = {
    	{ type = "LIVESTOCK", capacity = 100 },
    },
    loadSpeed = 2,

capacity = 100 means it will move 25 units in game, with loadSpeed defining how quick loading and unloading happens. As far as I know, there are no limits for both values.

SD70,

I've been looking at converting a few mods over to compartmentalized one. I see the coding structure and I think I can "ape it" into the code. A question to your wisdom, are there any concerns, other than customary refinements, or issues taking the code from mod to the next? I'm looking at taking a few hopper cars and converting them to multi compartment ones as in real life, same as tanker trucks. Of course this from "closed" trailers and railcars so there's no need to call different graphics into play.

I got the idea from using the 40 Truck sets that were compartmentalized. They require both mods to be installed, that I'm not sure I follow as to why in the code. I'm hoping to get insights from your wisdom.

• I use parameters maxWeight and maxVolume to make my wagons and trucks compatible with mod Cargo calculated weight. My mods don't require Cargo calculated weight mod but those two parameters makes mods work together properly. Compartments are quite easy to make, I'm no coder myself either but can also ape from others :)

If you check one of my wagons, you should see how they are done. You just need to divide the capacity correctly. For example, if the total capacity is 100 and you have 4 compartments, every compartment capacity is 25 and in total they'll be 100. My Occ stake car is a good example, it also have animated cargo loads which work nicely with compartments.

• Onionjack, I love your R730 & F12 sets, especially the specialized cargo trailers. I use your stuff almost exclusively! Thank you for your excellent work. I like that stake car and I think I know a great line to run it on..

I believe I understand. What I've done to this point is to edit existing settings. I think at this point I need to bite the bullet and see how far I can progress.

Where I think I'm still hesitant is the mod package itself. Do I need to copy the mod and insert the changes to the copy. I love both of your guys work and don't want to interfere with your mods. As I said, this is just me doing local changes, with no intent of publishing. My first two mods are planned to take your "Onionjack" compartment code into a pair of SD70s mods. The 60foot Hi-cubes and 6340 covered Hopper. Would that cross pollination bother either of you in any way?

The other one I'm looking at is MaikC's DTTX well cars. I'm wanting to make the intermodal trailers proportional to the railcar capacity. I need to approach him to seek approval as well.

Very Respectively,
    Jeff Lower
    Springfield Ohio.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bad-Karma ()

• ok, I had relatively easy success making a compartment variation of the 60ft Hi-cube. Just 1 hiccup with a missing }. I can't thank you guys enough. A question though, if I wanted to have both versions (standard & compartment) what's the considerations for creating a second mod file?

I've gone over the links and you guys provided back to the cargo weight mods. So the two max parameters are solely for users of the Cargo Calculated Weight Mod. I haven't tried that mod but I like the concept, the promise of better realism may change how I approach the game.

Again, thank you both for the assistance.

Very Respectively,

• i ve just noticed my cargo waggons set to automatic use the defined loadspeed only on one product and all others much slower maybe the default vaue 1 ...
    since there is only one loadspeed definition for all cargo i have no idea why this happens ...
    any ideas ?

• Coolio, great to hear you got it working. Also you just need to create another .mdl file and change the compartment lines to standard, save the .mdl file with a different name and you get both.

I don't use much coding in my mods, therefore it might be a good idea to ask for the wisdom of somebody else. :whistling:
    I know that @Onionjack implemented compartments in some of his mods, you might ask him for explanation.

So I was going through the lua on the Cargo Calculated Weight CCWm) and located the tables for the density and weight variables. But I happened upon several calls to yours, SD70's, and several other moder's files.

If I understand what his code is doing, it's identifying your mods to activate the MaxWeight/maxVolume parameter?

If so, then why does the vehicle mods work without the CCWm?

I assume that if I would like other vehicles to function with the mod, I'd of course need to add the maxWeight/Vol parameters not only to the Mdl, but also to the lua script. Is that a correct assumption?

Does his script alter how the mods script functions? 2.) Does that bypass the capacity statement and resort to the maxWeight/Vol?
    There must have been some collaboration between everyone involved. I'm curious about the arraigned parameters.

Very Respectively,

• Line 165 starts the reference to your F12 Vehicles in his CCWm . I had hoped this might of been a collaborative effort. Please don't think I'm being nitpicky. I'm just the kind of person who likes to understand the way things interact (systems of systems). So when I saw this reference I had hoped to that it would better my understanding of the entire system.

Do you happen to know if eat1963 is open to questions if I pinged him on this?

Very Respectively,

BlueBrixx