New beginner looking for help

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi im a completly new beginner to modding (+ this forum) and decided my first mini project was to make repaints for personal use. The basis is Antons gorgeous Rc trains he made for ND and to my suprise the Rc6 tga file contained optional parts to make Rc4 Gc and RM Gc units. So I loaded his Rc6 mdl and began changing the UV mapping and managed after a few trial and erros to get it to where I wanted however after exporting it from blender (with Merks addon) I can load the train but it does not appear ingame so what did I do wrong?

My edit went like this >open rc_6.mdl/corresponding tga file >Edited the UV mapping to instead show GC logos etc >Select Rc main body in mesh tree >Named it Gc4 and exported it (TF addon) to a new folder >folder now contains models/textures just like the functioning Rc6 mod >TF accepts the new mod without crashing but the new train does not appear in the depo despite that the mdl worked before with the Rc6. What step did I miss to make it work?

Secondly how would I go about uploading the Rc4 Gc test folder that wont work?

Thirdly having only used blender for about 4 hours how does one split a bunch of welded Uv islands?

• The game files have many commands in brackets and the correct positioning and number of those is elementary, somewhat unfortunately, that is. If the game complains about missing brackets, it is not always those that are missing but it may be something else. Often, ditching the made changes and returning to the original working variant of a file may be easier than troubleshooting...

Looking at your file, I´d believe that the bug may be in the lines:

description = {
    description = _("sj_litt_rc6_desc")
    name = _("Gc Rc4"),

Try adding a comma after _("sj_litt_rc6_desc") and see if that solves the issue :)

As to your questions in the original post in order of rising difficulty:
    3. If you have welded some UV vertices by mistake, you can try to drag them apart again, press Ctrl-Z to undo the changes or, occasionally the easiest way, unwrap the mesh again.

2. To upload files here, pack them into a .zip or .rar and just attach them to your post.

1. It is hard to deliver a diagnosis about the files without seeing them. There may be major bugs in the files, or you may just have omitted to activate the repaint in the corresponding menu - or anything in between.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DH-106 ()

• I tried to upload the entire train folder but it said its to big (19.7mb) as attachment only allows 1mb?

Added the , as you said and it worked however a new problem arises...

The right is the New Rc4 Gc meanwhile the left is an Rc6 but now they both have the same paintjoob.

• This is an issue I hit often when repainting... It is vital that different models use different materials, i. e. in its most basic meaning carriers of texture, lest the material loaded last be applied to all the meshes using it globally...

You find the material file in the res\models\material\etc. directory: it is named something.mtl. In it, the texture to be applied to the meshes using the individual material is defined.

If you repaint a vehicle, create a material file of an unique name and make it use your new texture files. Then, the tedious work of applying this material to all the meshes begins. In res\model\mesh\etc., you find various .msh files. Those all contain some lines to the effect of...

materials = {
    "vehicle/plane/B314 PAA.mtl",
    }

...which define what material the individual mesh is to use. Change the mentioned material file in the .msh to whatever material file you just have prepared. If done correctly, the new texture should appear on your repaint.

• So I just have to rename the mtl file itself or do I have to change this one/both? Then edit all mesh files.

map_color_reflect = {
    compressionAllowed = true,
    fileName = "models/vehicle/train/sj_rc_03.tga",

Or do I have to create a new mtl file name before exporting it from blender?

You spin my head right round baby....

I also changed the Rc4_Gc tga name to Rc4_Gc to see if that fixed it.

• Trying to mess around with the naming to get it working, would it better if when editing the UV map in blender to rename all files in that program before exporting the finished product?

How do I cut selected UV sections (with ctrl+mouse draw) lose from other islands?

Update: Renamed as suggested though I left out bogies/roof/pantograph files and the repaint works (though im gonna have to fix the UV) however even though only the Rc4 is activated I get this pink Rc6 train I can buy. I assume thats due to not having renamed all files yet?

Another question how hard is it to update theese trains from trainfever models (ie requiring the converter) -> transportfever trains?

• Trying to mess around with the naming to get it working, would it better if when editing the UV map in blender to rename all files in that program before exporting the finished product?

If you do it the right way and rename real everything, yes this is the best way.

How do I cut selected UV sections (with ctrl+mouse draw) lose from other islands?

If you real mean just to move that faces in the mapping, just 4 steps:

- Click on "Keep uv and edit mode mesh selection in sync"
    - activate "face select"
    - Mark the face
    - move them

Another question how hard is it too update theese trains from trainfever models (ie requiring the converter) -> transportfever trains?

If the mod has no own soundset you don't need a converter (only applies to vehicles), if you want to update these vehicles to TPF standard. Yes that's a lot of work and you need permsision from oroginal author for upload them

• Went back to the blender edit and renamed all major parts and exported it, still had some pink textures so I updated a few more files and I now got a working paint joob (sort of) but the Lods are now broken.

As one can see shadows dont appear at distance and the repaint vanishes past a certain distance, this is due to a file setting I assume but I didnt touch thoose settings? I also went back to blender and renamed some more items but then theese errors poped up while exporting.

Also I have no intent on publishing theese mod alterations as I respect the work of all mod authors, I have just become restless that there are no released Swedish trains and sadened that Anton will most likely never finish his amazing work :(.

Dateien

• Parts.zip

(1,33 kB, 150 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Coal_Cracker ()

BlueBrixx