Last modification: 27.09.2018Here in the community you want to use pictures and files again and again. But how and where should they be stored so that they can be accessed?
You can upload your own pictures and files as attachments in the forum, own pictures also in the gallery (screenshots, real photos, no bugs/errors/problems). Third-party images and files may be linked with
Third-party images and files may not be uploaded. Images from external sources must not be embedded with
Images can be used for many different things. This includes e.g.
- Screenshots of the built maps
- Screenshots to describe problems and bugs
- Pictures of current modding projects
- Texture Tests
- Photographs from the real world
- to the gallery. The gallery is a place for beautiful pictures of your TF/TPF worlds and photographs of the real world. You can find all information about the gallery here: Information about the gallery area
- as file attachment. In forum posts you have the possibility to upload attachments. Below the text input field there is a button
file attachments. In addition to files, images up to a certain size can also be uploaded there.
- link them. Just enter a link with
[url]...[/url]to the image file in the text. Embedding with
[img]...[/img]from external sources is prohibited!
Files can also be uploaded directly to the forum. Modifications (Mods) and modding materials, which should be permanently available, belong in the Webdisk. Other files, such as stdout.txt for error analysis, should be attached directly to the relevant posts.
We want to offer here a long-lived, as advertising-free as possible possibility of exchanging information about the games. To ensure this, we offer you the possibility to upload the files and pictures directly here on transportfever.net. This has three major advantages over external hosting:
- Longevity: As long as there is the community on transportfever.net, there are also the pictures. Many image hosters delete images after a certain time. This leaves permanent gaps in many forums.
- Free of advertising: Many file hosters overlook their pages with aggressive advertising. Sometimes it is not even clear where the download button is. Downloads are listed here in a clear, concise and uniform manner.
- Security: To protect our community and the server, we remove files that could potentially cause damage. We cannot guarantee the harmlessness of external hosters.