Wheel animation broken on certain mods?

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I'm trying to figure out a problem of some mods I downloaded. Tried to contact the author to no avail.

In the past, I downloaded some repaints of a vanilla locomotive. They had a problem with their running gear, it did not work at all. The vanilla loco did work, so I checked the MDL files of the vanilla version and noticed there were some additional lines missing from the repaints. I added those lines to the MDL of the repaints and suddenly they worked perfectly. This was a couple of months ago.

Now I'm using a mod which contains altered models from the base game. Just like the loco repaints I mentioned earlier, their wheel animation is broken, the wheels do not turn. And it's particularly annoying because the wheels aren't solid discs like in modern trains, they are steam era, classic wheels with radius and it's easily noticeable that they do not move. Now, I have to admit I know almost nothing of modding, but based on what I've experienced with the loco repaints I came to the conclusion -once again, from a completely ignorant perspective of modding- that at some point the game developers altered the way wheel animation works, leaving some mods obsolete. I want to know if this is true, and if it's possible to fix. I'm pretty sure these wheels once worked, as in the model viewer I can see their axles when I enable rendering of the debug.

Thanks.

• The model has MSH files for three different lods, I'm trying to add the axle lines for LOD0 and LOD1 but the game crashes at startup because it says that the MSH files for the LOD0 don't exist, even though they do exist.

BlueBrixx