Transport Fever 2 and VR

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I just posted this on another forum and then it occurred to me that it might be a good idea to post it here. I'd be interested in hearing people's opinion on the subject.

I recently bought a VR headset and I'm blown away by it. So I naturally started thinking of the possibilities for VR in Transport Fever. I know what most of you are probably thinking - Transport Fever is not a game that would translate well into VR. And I would agree with you for the most part. The current VR technology causes eye strain. Especially when displaying small text. So a game like Transport Fever where a person often plays for a long time at one sitting wouldn't work.

BUT what would be awesome would be a VR viewer built into Transport Fever 2. That way you could build your current railroad creation using a monitor (not VR) and then pop on the VR mask at any time and jump INTO your creation.

That would also mean that people could build a custom saved game. Then assuming the file size can be kept small enough the person could upload it so that other people could use it with their VR sets. Think about it. Instead of viewing someone's video of a highly detailed freight yard in action as you can do now you would actually be in the middle of it.

The VR viewer could be as simple as having a platform to stand on along with some standard move, turn and teleport options. You would also need a play/pause button and a elevator type control. There would also need to be a few tools for the scenario creators such as specifying the starting point of the person viewing the scenario. Map size and total units on the map might have to be limited for VR so there might need to be a tool to handle those things.

I think the possibilities would be awesome. It would give individual gamers the ability to create VR railroad scenarios.

I could see one argument might be why waste time on a VR viewer when there are other things more important to the game. In my opinion a VR viewer would probably help sell more games because it would introduce the game to VR users who never knew it existed. So it wouldn't "cost" anything to add it. I could even see places like railroad museums offering this for visitors. Which would be great free publicity.

Well if any of the developers look at this thread. I hope they agree with me. :)

BlueBrixx