British Syle Station Roofs and Platform Canopies

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi all,

I am currently doing a standardised layout of Britain's railways from all of the 'Big Four' companies. One thing I have noticed about the available assets however, is just how European the station buildings look. I have a few 'British' looking stations from the steam workshop, but nothing that really screams 'this is British!' to me. One thing I would love to have that would immensely help this would be station roofs and canopies. A vast amount of stations in the history of Britain's railways have had over-all roofs. Whether these be double or single vaulted or pitched, they held that look that really said 'this is a British railway station.

When there were no large roofs, there were traditional platform canopies with 'dagger-boards' around them. These were usually pitched, or angled structures held up by cast iron posts, and look far different from the standard 'v' shaped canopies that appear on the platforms in the game.

I would like to know if it is possible or if anyone would be interested in making a mod where these could either be new versions of the stations with the roofs/canopies attached, or whether they could be made as an asset that can be positioned over stations (whether snapping would work or not on station track, or even if it could with with 'curved stations' is another questions). I haven't seen any objects that can be snapped to station tracks. It would be awesome if the canopies could be placed at either end of the exterior of the overall roofs too.

Even as another option, to have some type of 'platform building' such as waiting rooms between platforms, with canopies attached to the walls, but I doubt the platforms of the standard station models are wide enough for that.

My ultimate desire is for there to be some purposely made British station styles that were typical of each company....but that's for another day. I'd settle for roofs and canopies for now. I would make these myself, and while I do a lot of 3d modeling, I have nowhere near the skills needed to put these into Transport Fever with the materials etc. It would be awesome if these could either be sectional pieces that can snap on next to one another for a custom length or a full length piece.

To summarise:
    -Either sectional or full length assets (that might be snapped to platform track or placed over stations, of station roofs consisting of: vaulted (semi-cylindrical) or pitched (two flat sides, raised in the middle like an inverted 'V') These could also be placed over standard track if needed.
    -The same, but with platform canopies.
    -Either assets, or 'edited' station models that include these, as they could clash with existing station models with European canopies.
    -Optional with platform buildings that could be placed on platforms too.

I'll attach some photos as references that I could find quickly.

Or if there is anything like this out there (trust me I have spent a lot of time looking, but so many mods are in other languages it's hard to navigate), then I'd appreciate being sent in that direction. I would hope I am not the only one who would wants mods like these.

How would one go about creating these?

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks!

Images removed. Please follow our forum rules and don't infringe a copyright and upload images you don't "own". You can add links to the sites with the relevant images. (eis_os)

BlueBrixx