[ENG] Help With Converting Model for use in TPF

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi there,

I am starting to attempt modding for Transport Fever. I know there is a wealth of information on this page, but as most of it is in German, I am not able to browse as freely as I'd like. I was hoping someone who can explain in English might be able to help.

I am modeling in 3DS Max to begin with. I am making a station canopy asset that can snap onto railway track. To have this work in the game I'd imaging you'd have to place this over track, delete the track, and then build the station in the same alignment so that the canopy appears over the station itself.

I understand there is a train fever converter that will convert .obj files into .msh.blob files, but again, most of the pages I have seen on this are in German. I can open the .cmd file, but I have no idea where to go from there as I can't understand the instructions.

After this, editing the text files will be my next hurdle I guess, but for now I am keen to know how to get this into the game.

I have attached some images of the very rough model I have made as a demonstration. I'd plan to make many variations of this. It is built to real-world scale. (Another issue is figuring out how wide it should be over stations.

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

• I will also look forward to a reply from Grimes. Thanks.

• Didn't work out yesterday, sorry.

Here still a little experience, from the head.
    You have once the .exe file, you can ignoieren it.
    And just the .bat files. These are the files you have to subscribe with.
    There you make a right click on it and press edit. Or open them directly with notepad++ or another editor.
    At the front part please don't change anything, at the back part you can see e.g. at the trucks ../truck/...
    There you have to specify the folder path, where your mtl files will be later, e.g. /truck/pluto
    When you have adjusted the path, save and close.
    Place your .obj files in the folder of the converter. Now simply drag & drop your obj files one by one to the appropriate .bat file.
    A console window will open and convert the .obj file.
    When it is finished just close it.
    After that there should be a .msh and a msh.blob file in your converter folder with the same name as your .obj file.
    If you now open the .msh with an editor your .mtl paths should already be entered.
    In connection with 3dsmax, the name of an assigned standard material will be used as the name of the .mtl.
    So if you have assigned the body material to the body e.g. in max, it would be in the .msh in our example
    Enter /truck/pluto/body.mtl.

I hope I could help you a little bit.

If there are still questions open, I will also attach some suitable pictures.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

• You can use my convertor for doing this.
    TpFMC

Some points:

use tpfmc.exe the console convertor is more handy
    export with ASE format, with following params:
    New into TPF addons

The object coordinate is based on local pivot, not the world space (if you use the windowed converter, it's world coordinate), so you if have scaled/mirrored the object please reset the pivot to get the correct size. You can rotate the pivot.
    You need to assign smooth group to all surfaces to prevent normal abnormal.

The convertor supports UV0 and UV1, the material name with subfix in 3dsmax will be the material name in the output file. Each object in 3dsmax scene result one msh/blob pair, so you can "export" or "export selected" by once then start the conversion of all by once.

Normally it will work correctly, I have only issue with tangent and bi-normal with ASE format, but in most cases it won't have effect on your result.

The only drawback is this convertor doesn't support animations so far.

The convertor from BR146 has some normals issue from my observation, other than that, you need to export objects in seperated obj files, which may be not so pleasant to use if you have a great quantity of object to convert

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

• Thanks for the replies guys!

So what would I change this to for a track asset? "asset/ground" or something? I tried changing it and dragging my file into it, pressed "enter" and nothing happened. :\

I don't get a .exe file, only a 'visual studio' file which I cannot open. I'll attach a screenshot of the folder.

I have tried both of the methods presented, and apparently I am terrible at this file working kind of stuff :D

Looking forward to hearing back!

Thanks

BlueBrixx