Amalgamating lines.

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I have two trains running from a farm:
    Line 1 to the food production plant taking Livestock and Cereal.
    Line 2 to the Plastic factory taking Cereal.

Both use corn but, by preference the farm is sending all the Cereal to line 2, leaving line 1 having to wait for the hoppers to be filled. Meanwhile, the livestock is building up.
    As a result, I have an abundance of Cereal on line 2 that the second train cannot cope with, but Line 1 is still waiting around. Similarly, an abundance of livestock on line 1 because it's having to wait for Cereal.

I have the same with trucks. Line 1 fills to ridiculous levels while the truck on line 2 sits waiting for the SAME materials.

What I'm looking for is a mod/script that will make depots and stations store materials WITHOUT assigning them to a line until the vehicle arrives to transport it and then, loading the vehicle from the stored amount.

Does this script/mod already exist or can someone make it?

Also posted on Steam Forums.

• Tried that and it results in the train going with only half a load of Livestock and nothing else since it's only a short trip.
    End result is that the train starts to lose money due to running costs being far higher than the income.

Seperate stations also results in the grain mostly going to the one that only takes grain while the other station gets livestock and very little grain. No difference to how it is with 2 lines on one station.

This problem also persists with lorry stations too. One or two lines get crammed while another is left waiting for the same goods.

• For short distance use trucks.

But yes, it's normal until the factories increase the production.
    You only have to provide lanes which have a higher rate than the line before (in the production chain)

Half full is okay and normally profitable.

Separate Stations means one station but two terminals.
    What is the problem when the plastic uses mostly cereal and food uses livestock?

3, 2, 1, meins... Lg Edith

• I believe you have a demand issue here.
    I think the plastic factory takes 2 grain to make 1 plastic. The food factory takes 1 grain to make 1 food and 1 livestock to make 1 food (if I am not mistaken).
    Since your farm production is (probably) producing enough grain to supply the plastic factory and enough livestock to supply food for the connected cities.
    If the demand for food grows, more grain will be allocated to the food factory.
    Does this make any sense to you?
    (if not i will try to explain more eliberately)

• Yes, it makes sense.

However, I used just one example of the grain.
    If you have an industry that is going in two directions, Wood or Steel for example that can go to the machine shop to make tools and robotics and also the goods manufacturer to make goods, it also happens. Both lines are treated as seperate items, even in a truck station. An amalgamation would allow a single stack to serve both lines.

Food is the real killer. I have 6 lorries going to various towns, some take longer than others to return, meanwhile their stacks are growing and growing. Personally, I wouldn't want food from the supermarket those lorries supply since it's been sitting in the warehouse for at least a couple of months.

As someone who comes from a logistics background, I find it completely insane that you have a single warehouse that is regularly stocked with a single item and throw an equal amount on two seperate piles despite one vehicle constantly waiting every 24 hours but the other doesn't turn up for several days at a time.

BlueBrixx