Texture issues - Flashing texture

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi. Image 1 & 2 I suddenly got these flashing textures at a certain height and distance. Near the ground they disappear. Re mapped no difference Image 3 The blue triangle is not anywhere on artwork, and the UV mapping is nowhere near blue. This again just suddenly appeared. Remapped no difference. Any help? Thanks/Danke

• Hi Blue not the same blue as no material but solved. Flashing solved. When unwrapping again i.e. a repeat unwrap, the old unwrap was also present. It appears if you unwrap again in Blender you should remove UV map from previous unwrap. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

• I am trying to work out height of laneutils. Basically need to adjust height of people walking on platform. Currently the platforms have code for people to walk lower or wade through the object. There are numbers which I would think will determine this height, Any help much appreciated. Thanks/Danke

• If this is what Your lane segments look like:
    { { -8, 0, .0 },{ -8, 5, .0 } , { 0, 5, 0 }, { 0, 5, 0 }, 3.0 },

...then the first two sets of curly brackets define the xyz values of the start/end points vulgo nodes and the second two sets define the vector of those. So if your zombies are not yet completely risen and still drag their feet through the dirt, try adjusting the z coordinate appropriately.

However: those lane segments have to be continuous and uninterrupted. So if you change one value, take care to find the neighboring lanes and apply the same changes to all relevant nodes.

• Flashing Textures. The problem still remains and its only with the one platform object. No other platform objects with shared texture space have the same problem. I unwrapped again having removed the old unwrap. Still no change. Flashing happens in model viewer as a standalone object without any other objects joined such as small building and stairs. Unfortunately model viewer doesn't allow screenshots. However previous screenshots should be sufficient. I imported a backup from 25th August when there was no flashing issues, and it has the same problem. Flashing started on 26th. Any ideas? When I unwrap I am using the same texture for three platform parts. So I lay unwraps over platform texture as they are all common. The flashing doesn't happen to the platform sides/walls or joined objects.

• Best idea is. Make a private conversation with marcolino und me and show us the files.
    We are only guessing and this is not very effective.

Normally there is no need to remove a old unwrap. Normally one face should only have one unwrap so if you select a face and unwrap it, the old unwrap is removed automatically. Take a look "data --> uvmaps" is there more then 1 uvmap delete all except one.

• Having a real problem here. I have done textures for a lot of models before so I fully aware of horizontal flip 180 etc etc. Done it hundreds of times. I have spent two hours on this problem, so near to giving up this pastime for good.
    Image 1 shows stair platform with no texture. Image 2 shows three platforms meshes. First is s'tair', next is 'repeat' and last is 'end'. All share the same material file called bs02.mtl. All share the same dds image.
    After having no luck with original 'stair' as it had this problem, I took the platform next door called repeat, and copied the .lua files and then renamed them stairs. Deleted the 2 old stair files blob and msh. I then renamed/saved the 'repeat' mesh to 'stairs' in TPF as I have done countless times. I kept the uv unwrap of 'repeat' as it works perfectly as you can see in the image. Then saved the mesh to the new files called 'stairs' TPF will not read the DDS as 180 deg horizontal flip, even the new lua files with the perfectly working uv map. I have tried everything to get this to work. All of these problems started yesterday. Day before everything was fine and worked perfectly until the flashing issues. I removed tpf importer, uninstalled Blender etc. Tried again.
    I have also noticed a change in the path names in the .lua after exporting from blender. Previously it always said "station/train/passenger/br_through_rbref3/Material123456.mtl", but now its changed to "station/train/Material.9207.mtl" missing several paths
    However, it no longer flashes
    Any suggestions Thanks/Danke

Image 1

Image 2

• Hi I am going to rebuild the entire mesh/model as its quicker than typing out a message and explain or get the message over, images files etc. However, thank you. If that doesn't work I will PM you.

• I have just taken a closer look at the last image. It *seems* that the occurrences of texture seep do somewhat coincide with two spots where the spacing between the inverted fence on the roof is not as perfect as in the other areas.

Is it possible that the issue is not with the individual meshes or their unwraps, but with the spacing in the .con file? It would appear to me that there is a little overlap between individual meshes, which would be a perfectly good explanation for the texture flickering/seeping...

• Hi. Fence? You mean the pointed boards? I learnt recently they are called 'dagger boards'. Logical. What your saying makes some sense as I altered the canopy length yesterday just by a tiny amount to align the dagger boards and the window texture on the roof. Didn't realise it would have such a profound effect. There some 'daggers' that are very close, almost touching at the moment. That was what I was in the middle of solving yesterday.

BlueBrixx