[TFGM] Train Fever Game Manager

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Download here

Scroll down for German translation.

The Train Fever Game Manager (TFGM) doesn't only manage your mods, it also allows you to edit the Train Fever settings without reading any Lua code at all. It allows you to bind keys not usually available by simple ASCII codes, such as your multimedia keys or numpad keys.

• Install mods easily with a simple drag and drop of a single or multiple mod archives. Supports TFGM.lua, TFMM.ini or bare mod archives.
    • Create backups of your res folder for quick and easy rollback.
    • Open the music-, screenshot-, game saves- and Train Fever folders with an easy click of a button.
    • Launch, restart and terminate Train Fever from TFGM.
    • Built in Lua script engine with extended Lua commands.
    • Categorize mods.
    • A 40 page PDF user manual accessible from TFGM.
    • Direct links to Train Fevers Steam groups.
    • Mod description in multiple languages
    • Built in machine translation of description text
    • A restore point is automatically created when a mod is enabled.
    • Vehicle browser with vehicle data.
    • Vehicle timeline view.

Modders can create rich mod support for TFGM such as...

• Link the mod to their Steam profile.
    • Providing a screenshot to be displayed in with the mod.
    • A mod can have several authors and profiles displayed (good for collaborative mods).
    • TFGM event handlers can be written in Lua and included in the mod to be executed automatically when a mod is enabled/disabled.
    • Add items to a mod's context menu (popup menu) to call a Lua function or start the default program for a file type.

There are still a lot more on the wishlist to implement but first we need to fix some minor issues.

The TF Launch function might not work on Windows 8 (one case reported)
    Script execution generates runtime error on some installations (one case reported)

I'm not expecting things to run flawless so please report problems to me by using this thread. Please write in English if possible.

German translation by Gax
    Der Train Fever Game Manager (TFGM) verwaltet nicht nur Deine Mods, er erlaubt Dir auch, die Train Fever Einstellungen zu verändern, ohne dabei Lua Code zu lesen.
    Er erlaubt es Dir, Tasten zuzuweisen, die normalerweise nicht mit einfachen ASCII Codes verfügbar sind, wie z.B. Multimedia oder Numpad Tasten.

• Einfaches Installieren von Mods mittels Drag & Drop von einem oder mehreren Mod Archiven. Unterstützung von TFGM.lua, TFMM.ini oder "blanken" Mod Archiven.
    • Erstelle Back Ups (Sicherungskopien) von Deinem "res" Ordner für schnelles und einfaches Wiederherstellen.
    • Öffne die Musik-, Screenshot-, Speicherstand- und Train Fever Ordner mit einem Mausklick.
    • Starte, restarte und beende Train Fever mit dem TFGM.
    • Eingebautes Lua Script Programm mit erweiterten Lua Befehlen.
    • Kategorisiere Mods.
    • Ein 40 Seiten PDF Handbuch im TFGM.
    • Direkte Verknüpfung zu Train Fever Steam Gruppen.- Integrierte Maschinenübersetzung der Beschreibung.
    • Automatisches Erstellen von Wiederherstellungspunkten bei Modaktivierungen.

Modder können vielfältige Mod Unterstützung für TFGM erstellen, z.B.:

• Verknüpfung des Mod mit ihrem Steam Profil.
    • Bereitstellen eines Screenshots, welcher mit dem Mod angezeigt wird.
    • Ein Mod kann mehrere Authoren und Profile anzeigen (bei Gemeinschaftsmods).
    • TFGM Ereignis Verwaltung kann in Lua erstellt und in den Mod integriert werden, zum automatischen Ausführen beim Aktivieren/Deaktivieren von Mods.
    • Hinzufügen von Objekten zum Kontext Menü (Pop up) des Mod´s, z.B. das Aufrufen von Lua Funktionen or das Starten des Standardprogrammes von Dateitypen.

Für die Zukunft geplante Features sind unter u.a.:- Unterstützung für andere Archive als Zip.

• Umwandlung von MP3 zu ogg.
    • Ein komplettes GUI Interface für Mod Scripts.
    • ein Programm zum Packen von Mods.
    • eine Auto Update FunktionMomentan sind noch diverse kleine Fehler und Probleme zu beheben. Bitte wendet Euch bei solchen an mich.
  • In this program, i can edit time speed?

If you mean the game speed at which speed the days are passing, I have to say no. This is hardcoded into the game and can't be changed.

If you mean the speed of vehicles age, there is a mod called "Timeless_mod" that allows you to set this to 0 so no vehicles will ever be to old.

• Yeah multiple modinstallation and activation, you're the personal Hero of my mouse, the left mouse button now will hold 10 years longer as expected haha.

Really nice tool thx.

• Do you by chance have more than one steam user on your PC? I have 3 and had the same issue. It picked the right user account, but the wrong UserID (and therefore couldn't find the file). If so, then Gwinda is already aware of this.

And Gwinda - I agree (despite not being able to find the settings.lua - this may be one of the best tools for this game yet as it can replace TFMM and TF Editor).

• No I saw your post and I only have one Steam Account The path is fine till here D:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\38713915 and frome there I am totaly lost. I cant even find the settings.lua in the 38713915 folder

EDIT:Ah ok I see the problem right now.. my Steam is install under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ Train Fever is installed under D:\Program Files\Steam\ the required files cann be found under C but nut in D ..

• No I saw your post and I only have one Steam Account The path is fine till here D:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\38713915 and frome there I am totaly lost. I cant even find the settings.lua in the 38713915 folder

EDIT:Ah ok I see the problem right now.. my Steam is install under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ Train Fever is installed under D:\Program Files\Steam\ the required files cann be found under C but nut in D ..

Okay, problem solved I guess? TF is creating the Settings.lua in the Steam folder it is run from. So If you have two TF install and only find the Setting.lua in one of them, that it the one it runs from.

• Well no I think we have some misunderstanding here :)

At first I only have one Steam and one TF on my pc :). But my Steam and some other games are installed on my C disk. TF and other Games are installed on my D disk (over steam).

Steam has the option of more than one Storage Folder for Games... so I guess Steam put all the "Game Data" to my D disk (the place where I want most of my games) but the userdate folder still ends up on the default steam folder on my disk C. The game is 100% installed under D.

Ok Looks like TF stores all save games and crash_dumps under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\38713915\304730\local but the rest is under D:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Train Fever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rev ()

• Okey I will look into this later.

• New version that hopefully fixes the multiple account issue and non default Steam library location. Let me know if it works.

It partially works.

I am working fine with TFGameManagerdebug.

TFGameManager v0.7.4.17 is unable to launch on my system. I get the following error message:

Access violation at address 005E0A42 in module 'TFGameManager.exe'.
    Write of address 0000001C.

Not sure if this is related. This issue started with this version. I'm on Win8.1 x64 if that helps.

BlueBrixx