US Rangierloks/US (Road-)Switchers

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Moin,

falls es noch Modder gibt, die von der suboptimalen Umsetzung des USA-DLC nicht komplett vergrätzt sind, würde ich es begrüßen, wenn sich jemand einer Rangierlokomotive wie z. B. der

GE 44-ton Zeichnung dazu Wikipedia dazu
    oder
    ALCO S-1 Zeichnung dazu Wikipedia dazu

annehmen würde. Als modernere Lok wäre vielleicht die EMD MP15DC/EMD MP15AC interessant, von der habe ich aber leider keine bemaßte Zeichnung gefunden.
    Mein ganz persönlicher Favorit ist ja die ALCO RS-3 (Zeichnung), (Wiki), die aber der schon vorhandenen EMD GP9 von Leistung und Aufgabengebiet sehr ähnlich ist.

Auf southern.railfan.net gibt es noch mehr Zeichnungen zu älteren US-Loks, ich weiß allerdings nicht inwieweit die Qualität ausreichend ist. Für Fotos empfehle ich http://railpictures.net/

Ich würde mich wirklich tierisch freuen, sollte es eine der Loks in TF schaffen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

if there are some modders out there, who are not completely discouraged by the rather bad USA-DLC, i'd be very happy, if there'd be one of the following switchers in the game

GE 44-ton (drawing)
    or
    ALCO S-1 (drawing)

I searched for EMD MP15DC/MP15AC drawings as well, but sadly didn't find any with measures.
    Apart from that I'd be very enthusiastic about an ALCO RS-3, which is my favourite US-locomotive. But i guess, as it's nearly the same as a GP9 in terms of power, it's somehow redundant.

• Perhaps when I get the chance this weekend I can begin modeling some locomotives. The gaps in the USA DLC are very obvious and annoying. Except for the first years with the Baldwin 0-6-0 and 4-4-0, there is a very obvious lack of choices in locomotives, and follows a very obvious path of "faster and stronger and more expensive" which does not seem to be very realistic. Not to mention the general lack of electric locomotives even though there are many examples (not to imply that they were popular in America, but there were many different locomotives, and a lot were third-rail instead of pantograph).

My thought is that I will first create an ALCO RS-1 because it was the first road switcher, then make an EMD FT which was the first big nail in steam's coffin, then one of the later F-units (I will not worry about the E-units because passenger locomotives are covered by the ALCO PAs) and play it by ear after that. I will probably need to find a texture artist because I am not as good at that as I am with making meshes.

Monolingual. West coast is best coast!

• Perhaps when I get the chance this weekend I can begin modeling some locomotives. The gaps in the USA DLC are very obvious and annoying. Except for the first years with the Baldwin 0-6-0 and 4-4-0, there is a very obvious lack of choices in locomotives, and follows a very obvious path of "faster and stronger and more expensive" which does not seem to be very realistic. Not to mention the general lack of electric locomotives even though there are many examples (not to imply that they were popular in America, but there were many different locomotives, and a lot were third-rail instead of pantograph).

I've changed the GP9's availability to unlimited for the moment, I always try to run as much cargo by train as possible and Dash 9's or SD 40-2 are "slightly" overpowered for a handful of cars. Concerning electric locomotives I don't know much about these with third rail, but I do like Milwaukee Road's Little Joes and boxcabs a lot. (Edit: ooops, just even recognized that there is an EP2 already in the game, thats nice)

My thought is that I will first create an ALCO RS-1 because it was the first road switcher, then make an EMD FT which was the first big nail in steam's coffin, then one of the later F-units (I will not worry about the E-units because passenger locomotives are covered by the ALCO PAs) and play it by ear after that. I will probably need to find a texture artist because I am not as good at that as I am with making meshes.

Great choices as well, would add a lot more variety. :thumbup:

• Because of the availability of plans, I am making an RS-3 instead of an RS-1. The particular RS-3 plans that I am working off of are a Southern railway unit which has a steam generator for passenger cars, which can be seen with its water tank in between the air tanks, and stack for the generator sticking up a little above the cab on the short hood. It is intereting to note that in the early days of dieselization, builders were not using high-volume production techniques, so changes between each railroad's orders was possible without large increases in cost, so "the definitive RS-3" is hard to pin down because there are so many different kinds of them, and the same applies to the entire lifetime of steam locomotive building in America.

I still have some work to do on it such as the handrails and bogie frames and wheels.

At some point I will make a thread for it in the other section once I have a few models made.

Monolingual. West coast is best coast!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spacek531 ()

• @Licaon
    Either the 0-8-0 or even the smaller USRA 0-6-0, I think 0-8-0 would be very close to the Mikado's power, but much slower. Anyway I noticed this gap too, as I began a game starting in 1900 and got several times into a position where I had to replace Baldwin 56 and just couldnt do that, because only non-electric locomotives were 4-12-2 and MILW Hiawatha. I considered both of them not to be an adequate replacement...

@Spacek531
    Really looking forward to the RS-3. I did already mention it's my favorite US-locomotive, didn't I? :D

BlueBrixx