British Rail Coach Pack

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• My new project is to create a British Rail Coach pack.

To start off with I am working on the BR Mark 1 and BR Mark 2. My aim is to provide a range of each style of carriage in multiple liveries.

The style of carriages I am working on are First Open, Second Open, Buffet and Second Open Brake.

Here is the progress on the Mark 1;

This is the First Open Variant. I plan on making this in the Crimson Livery as well as BR Blue/Grey. I'm likely to release the Crimson with the B1 Bogies that are pictured. and the BR Blue/Grey on the commonwealth and/or the B4 Bogie.

The progress on the mark 2 is as follows;

The top is the Mark 2C Brake Second Open and the lower is the Mark 2B Second Open both on the B4 Bogie. I will release these in BR Blue/Grey

I also plan on creating the Mark 2D-F with a DBSO (Driving Brake Second Open) in the Intercity and possibly the Anglia livery. As these were the coaches that I used to travel on to London when I was young! Pulled (or pushed!) by a Class 86 (another train I would like to Mod!)

The coaches will be available for repaints when released (just ask for the template).

• Is there a need for the suburban Mark 1 (non corridor and non gangway) such as this;

Mark 1 Suburban

Mark 1 Suburban Brake Van

If there's enough interest I will add this to the coach pack to-do list!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Svelbeard ()

• Worked on the Mark 1 BSO (Brake Standard Open) today and the Commonwealth Bogie;

All the Bogies are done now just the following variations to go;

Mark 1

• Buffet
    • Second Open

Mark 2

• Buffet
    • First Open

These shouldn't take as long as its mainly just re-configuring the window and door arrangements. Models should be finished by the end of the week ready to unwrap.

• Svelbeard

I like the progress with the British Coaches... with the suburban coaches would be nice as well. Keep Up the good work, i look forward to the mod coming out!

• I might do the Southern green as its relatively simple, however the crimson and cream was used for corridor stock and crimson for non corridor.

@BritishTrains might be the one to ask for the crimson and cream with his composite corridor model he has created.

• I've finished the Modelling of the Mark 1 coaches (TSO, FO, RMB, BSO)

I spent yesterday unwrapping them and the Bogies. I've made it so the UV template is the same for all of the carriages despite having doors in different places.

Should be able to throw some paint on them over the weekend, with a possible Beta available soon!

• Nice choices, but also would you mind if someone repainted them to make a "blood and custard" set and a Southern green set?

Considering the outside of the corridor and open coaches seem to be identical (from what I can see anyway, correct me if I'm wrong!) I can do the crimson and cream livery also and call them "corridor". This would be easier as I can't find a picture of crimson only coaches anywhere!

I plan on only making the crimson and cream available at first, then introduce the other liveries matching the dates that they were repainted in real life!

Should have a screenshot of the Crimson and Cream by the end of the day!

• Here is today's progress the TSO;

I still have the gold and black trim to add to the cream stripe and door handles and other details.

I'm not sure what to do for the coach numbers as I'm struggling to find matching numbers for all 4 carriages that I'm doing.

Shall I just do accurate numbers from multiple regions, or make up the ones I am missing?

• accurate where you can find references and best guess where you can't. I wouldn't worry too much about rivet counters, I doubt anyone playing this game would check up on those numbers ;p
    As an example, the number I put on my 37 came off a loco which was built as a single headcode, no end doors varient. Nobody pointed that out yet!

• Yeah that's what I was leaning towards, as I spent a few hours yesterday reading various model rail forums and scanning images to try and get a correct set of four number but to no avail!

The really fine gold and black bands either side of the cream stripe have proved difficult to do in substance painter, so I may have to add those in GIMP. Or get a bigger monitor!

• Svelbeard

So long as the coach looks good running behind a Locomotive, i doubt anyone will be fussy enough to complain about any details that you leave out! Regards to the trim, if it's too difficult to place in, don't. No point stressing out regarding a small detail that is extremely difficult to see, and i would find difficult on a moving train.

The Core model looks good, and i can't wait to see it behind an A4 or Class 37!

• As soon as I bother to finish the code for the carriage I'll get some screenshots of it behind my Deltic!

After Crimson and cream will come the BR Blue/Grey, then I may do a few other requests if they are simple. The uv map should be simple enough for people to repaint though.

• Update: I've found some matching numbers from the east region which are as follows;

TSO: E25143
    BSO: E34661
    FO: E3080
    RMB: E1871

These will be what I'll be using.If I do the southern region I will just replace the E with S

• I have been trying to get in touch in Svelbeard for a while, he's gone silent. Also Britishtrains is fully occupied by university and new job, so I'm kinda the only modder of British vehicles left.
    I'd love to be able to put these into Transport Fever on Svelbeard's behalf, but unless he re-appears, I'll have to start from scratch...

• I also would love to see these coaches ingame. I find it so hard to believe that there aren't more british players and modders active. I understand they aren't on this site due to language issues, but not even on steam?
    Such a shame!
    Let's hope Svelbeard returns, although if you were to make them, I'm sure they would be just as nice :)

Lg, YstlDystl

BlueBrixx