The Paintshed by Cadoras

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Next project! I was about to ask Grimes if I could do some repaints of his fantastic V200 when all of sudden I got a request
    from Grimes to do exactly that. Nice! So people: the next project will be a texture update of the beautiful V200 made by
    @Grimes. The locomotive has been whipped to my workplace and stripped of all its paint. So after some sanding and some
    serious "spachteln":

Let's see what I can do...

• Little progress, ironically I was dragged away to do some real painting. ||
    Needs must alas! But even then I managed to put some time in.

One thing I discovered with these kind of locomotives, it´s they are very hard
    to properly weather. They are just too smooth... Steamers are easier: with
    little effort they can look properly used.

That's why I'm posting a before/after shot, just to convince all you folks I
    actually did something to it. ;)

The changelog:

1. Redid the colors, "resetted" them to the original RAL-colors and then adjusted them to my taste.
    2. Injected some normal mapping - only little to be done though, as Grimes already went balls deep with the detail.
    3. Recolored the windows, worked the transparency on the "enginecovers" and finally adjusted the alpha channel (reflection)
    4. Brightened up the lights.
    5. Changed the "Pufferteller"
    6. Replaced all lettering and normal mapped them.
    7. Applied the weathering

It's not done yet, but as good as.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Cadoras ()

• Also das sieht mal wieder Super aus :)
    Bezüglich der Normalmap, da kannst du dich austoben. Die noch fehlenden Ausbuchtungen habe ich bewusst nicht mehr ins Modell geschnitten "Polycount" :whistling:
    Was ich als bekennender Fan dieser Baureihe noch super fände wäre je eine Version "Wie frisch ausm Werk" wenn ich Eigentümer solch eines Teils wäre, wäre die immer Hochglanz Poliert ;)
    Die Schmutz Textur gefällt mir aber auch Sehr gut :)

• Dirty first, clean later. In other words: the next version will be clean. That is, if I can convince my rowdy band
    of dusters it's the right thing to do. As said, it's not often rolling stock leaves my shed clean. But with some beer
    and Italian food I can get thing done.

As such, the Vorserie V200 can be available with the following versions:

1953-1961: clean & weathered, "in Lieferzustand"
    1962-1967: weathered, adjusted appearance: DB-Keks instead of plated "Deutsche Bundesbahn" and other minor changes
    1968-1984: weathered, with EDV-nr.

(None of the Vorserie V200's got the "Ozeanblau & Elfenbein" livery)

There were only 5 "Vorserie" locomotives, the V200 001 up to and including V200 005, the 003 was the first one to be
    retired in 1978, the 001, 004 & 005 followed in 1980. The V200 002 was the last Vorserie V200 to be retired in 1984.
    The 002 got a second life as a very popular museum locomotive. In 2005 however, as perhaps some of you will know,
    the V200 002 was burnt to a crisp in a fire that burnt many more old lomotives.

Unfortunately, the V200 002 couldn't (apparently) be saved and was scrapped.

• Sieht gut aus.

Ich mag die Lackierung trotzdem nicht :D

i7-5820 K | 32 GB | GTX 2070 Super 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 10 TB HDDs
    i7-3770 K | 16 GB | GTX 1070 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 4 TB HDDs

• My father is a lifelong fan of the V200 and he always gets very agitated when confronted
    with this particular livery. Calling it (quote) "A rape of elegance", which perfectly sum-
    marizes his point of view.

We are both avid collectors and when I bought a Märklin V200.1 with this particular livery
    he at first refused to run it on the track. :evil:

I agree, it looks odd. Especially compared to the original livery. But many love these.
    I, for that matter, was never a fan of the "Popfarben" and "Oriëntrot" of the late 80's/
    early 90's. But I know for fact that those colors have a legion of fans.

It may have something to do with age. People who where born in the 40's-60's, people
    who actually can remember steamers in active service in the BRD, tend to absolutely
    hate the Ozeanblau/Elfenbein theme. People who are born in the 70's/80's usualy
    don't - even better, most of them love them because those were the colors the DB ran
    when they were young.

I, however, lay my heart in the period 1918-1930. The time when all was in flux:
    Länderbahn Rolling Stock still everywhere and the dawn of the age of the Einheitsbau
    Steamers and the rise of the Electrical locomotives in Germany. Never before and
    after was there so much diversity in rolling stock then in that time.

• My father is a lifelong fan of the V200 and he always gets very agited when confronted
    with this particular livery. Calling it (quote) "A rape of elegance", which perfectly sum-
    marizes his point of view.

Well, we all know that there IS accounting for taste :D;)

And V 200 is like E18 with this livery - it doesn't seem to fit with this locos - while BR 218 oder V100 with this kind of livery are really nice.

i7-5820 K | 32 GB | GTX 2070 Super 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 10 TB HDDs
    i7-3770 K | 16 GB | GTX 1070 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 4 TB HDDs

BlueBrixx