Discussing new modding for Transport Fever

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I do have a Norwegian ship in the works. When is it done? Soon/ when it's done/ after a lot of other stuff/ after Transport Fever is released. I just started a project without proper blueprints - again. Takes ages to make accurate vehicles without proper/ enough blueprints. Paid work also comes first.

• @PaTrond

I would get a few photos of the vessel in question and if you know the know the length of it, you can get a program known as Bluebeam Revu or similar PDF writer, which would you to dimension the vessel accordingly. once you have several photos / images "calibrated" you can make you own PDF blueprints... I use this in my job all the time, and it's a good way of getting details without plans.. Might be something to check out!

• Greetings.
    I would be very interested in modding buildings for the upcoming TPF and at the moment I am busy in scrambling basic informantion about certain specs of objects. The best I could find on a hurry was the "Modding Leitfaden" by Frederik B. I´ll have a look into that today. Anything else you could recommend?
    Is there any information about the similarities of TF and TPF in regards of modding? I don´t want to waste time on learning processes that turn out to be obsolete in the new game.
    For the moment I would be mostly interested in:
    - Polycount of buildings (I recon there are LODs, yes?)
    - What maps can I assign (diffuse, reflection ect)
    - Implementation into the game and menues (can it be build on purpose or does the game chose? Can it be build "to stay"?)

If all of this was being asked before a dozen times or if I am missing dome very obvious FAQ page here, forgive a noob with little time on his hands atm. I´m at work so I have to make it short ^^

• I honestly see TPF getting more sales than TF did.. I feel this game will be way more fleshed out than TF was.. especially seeing the rail building from the gameplay trailer.. it looks promising. With the combination of Steamworkshop... i can foresee alot more mods coming to TPF. This game I think has more potential for longetivity. My thoughts.. With the ability to make days last longer in game, we can enjoy the eras alot more.. essentially... until I have a huge basement in my home.. this is my way of building and epic model railroad... with that in mind.. I like to suggest....

Huge freight rail depot's.... We see that industries are animated... which is awesome! Hopefully this can translate to a busy looking freight station. Have some cranes moving about, forklifts.. etc.. Also hope stations can be extended for massive freight trains. I love making long freight trains that pick up multiple goods... for TF I normal like to line up Coal and Iron together and transport to the smelter or what ever depot it was.. What I hate is the cutting off of the trains for being too long.. hopefully that will change.

The animation of industries seems rather light compared to what would really be going on.. which would be the hustle n bustle of the yard, port, airport, factory.. etc.. I hope to see more animation of all these facilities.

Of course more ships... I'd love to see the Liberty ship during the early to mid 40's time line.. Honestly.. even a warship for light passengers! I mean... why not! XP

Double of course... Way more locomotives especially for Murica! I love Euro steam loco's but.. more murica! There are so many american steam locos I would love to see... more Moguls, Atlantics, Pacifics, Mikadoes, 8 Wheelers, 10 Wheelers, Northerns, Mountains.. etc.. again with the slow down in game time we can actually sit back and enjoy the rail lines moving about. I have high high hopes for mods coming!

• Oh, yeah more ships would be great, but I think they cannot be to big, because of bridges etc.
    Secondly, I don't know how big the rivers in TPF are.

BlueBrixx