[Mod] Swedish Modpack WIP

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hi everybody!

I've been busy creating some Swedish trains for Train Fever. The plan is to eventually have a complete modpack that includes trains from all eras, 1850 to present times. I thought I would share my work in progress here.

The most common locomotive in Sweden is the class Rc electric locomotive. It was built from 1967 to 1988 in many different versions, and is still widely in use today. Rc is a universal locomotive built for both freight and passenger trains. Nowadays, the faster Rc3 and Rc6 are used for passenger trains, Rc2 and Rc4 are used for freight trains, Rc1 is used for shunting, and Rc5 doesn't exist anymore (converted to Rc6).

SJ Rc1

The first version above from 1967 was just called "Rc". It was later renamed Rc1 when Rc2 came out in 1969.
    Name: SJ Rc
    Year: 1967
    Built: 20
    Top speed: 135km/h
    Weight: 80t
    Power: 3600kW
    Tractive effort: 275kN

SJ Rc2

Rc2, an improved version of Rc1.
    Name: SJ Rc2
    Year: 1969
    Built: 100
    Weight: 76,8t
    Tractive effort: 275kN

SJ Rc3

Rc3 is identical with Rc2, except for the gearing, making it faster.
    Name: SJ Rc3
    Year: 1970
    Built: 33
    Top speed: 160km/h
    Weight: 76,8t
    Tractive effort: 235kN

SJ Rc4

Sweden's most common locomotive, with 130 units built. It had the new logotype from the 1970s when it came out.
    Name: SJ Rc4
    Year: 1975
    Built: 130
    Weight: 78t
    Tractive effort: 290kN

More versions of the Rc locomotive are in the making, so stay tuned!

Track and overhead lines

As you may have noticed, I have changed the color of the ballast, making it more Swedish looking in my opinion.

These are the over head wires. There are two types in Sweden, old and modern. Since the game only allows one version, I've chosen the old poles. It's more realistic to have old poles in modern times, than the opposite.

This is what the poles for multiple track looks like.

That's it for now.

Anton

• Time to show some passenger coaches from the 60s.

SJ B1 2nd class coach.

1960 (original appearance):

1965 (accordion gangway replaced with rubber gangway):

1970 (new logotype):

1987 (new design):

1990 (new logotype and design):
    :

1994 (simplified design):

1996 (new design):

These coaches were taken out of regular service in 2006, just before SJ introduced their new black design profile.

Typical late 1960s train.

Anton

• Hello Anton what a GREAT GREAT News, on a Sunny day here in Denmark. More great stuff from " Hen sidan", are more than welkom to the game. So I will follow you, and your work Anton, and look forward to play with it. Respect for your work, and have a nice evening greetings Klaus :):):)

• Are those coaches still in service in night trains? I think the train I took from Malmö to Stockholm had such coaches.

Yes, they are! Took some photos of them here in Göteborg last month:

The sleeping coaches are a bit different from the standard coaches as they are about 10cm taller. The roof is much closer to the doors on the standard coaches.

Many of the standard coaches are also still in use, just not for SJ, but for some private companies such as TÅGAB and Skandinaviska Jernbanor.

Anton

• Anton the look soooo niiiiice GREAT GREAT Work, you have done until now :):):)

Thanx! :)

More passenger coaches, from the 1930s.
    Until 1956, trains in Sweden (and the rest of Europe as well, I think) had 1st, 2nd and 3rd class. 1st class was really luxury. In 1956, 1st class was removed, and 2nd class became the new 1st class, and 3rd class became 2nd class.

SJ co9b 3rd class coach.

Anton

• your work is really well done, very detailed textures and clean meshes and a extensive normal map on all of your vehicles.

I really enjoy seeing more of your work in the future. Also you are one of the few modern that makes good use of cycle rendering.

If i had to critic something it would be the windows, not because they are done badly but because the rest of your model is more detailed, maybe you could try to have a bit of color variation within the windows.

Keep it up :thumbsup:

• Thanks for your comment! I agree about the windows looking a bit bad, but that's mostly on the rendered images. In the game, the windows are reflective and look much better.

I've got more vehicles to show. Just finished the class Rc5 and Rc6. They look completely the same, but have different gearing, giving them different top speeds and traction.

Rc5

Name: SJ Rc5
    Year: 1982
    Built: 60
    Tractive effort: 290kN

Rc6

Name: SJ Rc6
    Year: 1985
    Built: 40
    Top speed: 160km/h
    Tractive effort: 250kN

The Rc locomotives have had many different paint schemes throughout the years. I have included the most common ones (and also some not so common) in the modpack. Here are some different passenger train combinations with mostly 1980s coaches which I've just finished working on:

1980s:

1990s:

mid-1990s

1990s: (Inter Regio)

1996:

2001: (BlueX - special train with interior from the X2000)

2006:

2005: (SSRT SJ Norrlandståg)

• Are those new coaches as well?

Yes, those are the most recent coaches from the 80s.

Some more train combinations with the 60s coaches:

1990s train with combined bistro & cinema coach.

1960s train:

In reality, trains were often mixed with different color versions like this:

Some more 80s coaches:

80s coaches with special 60s restaurant coach "Svenska Orientexpressen"

BlueBrixx