One-way road, Traffic Lights and Roundabouts

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello,

I would like to react to the FAQ below:

Q: Are one way roads and traffic signals available?
    A: Because managing private transport is not the main focus of Transport Fever these features have not yet been implemented. However, because quite a few players request these features, they may still be added. ?(

I really appreciate that you are considering to develop one-way roads and traffic lights. But i do not agree that it will be considered as managing private transport and therefore not seen as a main focus. One-way road, traffic lights and roundabouts are a solution to handle with traffic jams, and also influence traffic flows. These features make it possible to puzzle with traffic flows in the city, which i think is huge added value! because puzzling with transport flows is the main goal of the whole game, it is fun and challenging! And in the Train Fever game I miss these features.

I really hope that you will implement these features in the game because it makes the game more realistic and attractive!

Other possibilities that you might want to consider are:

• Roundabout.
    • Acceleration lanes (for highways) and deceleration or exit lanes.
    • Possibility to remove or add pedestrian crossings.
    • It would be nice if you can also construct road lanes independent of each other. So in fact 'one lane roads'.

• Then you can also make it possible to congregate 2 roads of one lane into one 2-lane road (>=), this avoids a crossing since the traffic flow continues next to each other. And it looks nice as well.
      • With a one lane road you can make options to choose the direction (one way), and where traffic can go at a junction, only left, only right, only straight or all possibilities (see picture below).

I understand that it is a lot of work and maybe very difficult to implement. But i really hope that you at least implement the one way road, the traffic lights and the roundabout.

Thank you very much in advance!

[Blockierte Grafik: http://cloud.pubble.nl/16c0059b/paper/ed17db2c/60041_l.jpg][Blockierte Grafik: http://www.speltherapiezuidbroek.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Rotonde3.gif][Blockierte Grafik: http://www.gratisrijbewijsonline.nl/snelwegwet/afbeeldingennl/snelwegwetnl40.GIF]

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Martjes ()

• I totally agree with martjes. All he suggested would be fun, and makes the game much more interessting! I personally think that it would also affect the sales figures.

• As a traffic planer in real life, I can tell you that traffic lights do affect the traffic flow but rather in a negative way. As long as a crossing is handled as a 4-stop crossing or "right before left"-crossing (does this even exist in english speaking countries?) the traffic flows way faster as if a traffic light is installed. This is due to the red cycles in every direction to prevent accidents. Furthermore, traffic lights work only efficently with turn lanes based on the actual traffic volume. Still they would be a nice eye candy.

One way streets and roundabouts would be a much more effective way for players to influence traffic within their cities and I'd really love to see that in the game. I'm also curious if they implement yield/give way rules to the game since the can also influence the traffic flow quite heavily - roundabouts in real life only work if the traffic divides into diffrent directions a main road crossing a local road doesn't work too well with a roundabout - in heavy traffic cars from the local roads hardly get the chance to enter the roundabout.

• It is nice to see I'm not the only one with this point of view.

I put a comment under the street blog video

And come with the idea of a street dlc with following content

One way streets
    Traffic lights
    Highway and ramps
    Speed limits ( as soon as I get my fingers on the game I would try to edit the streets in the scripts to limit the speed)

As you sad I think they just under estimate the impact of the ai traffic but as I don't have access to the game yet I don't know how much it have been improved compare to train fever.

Just let's hope there is a way for modding or so big interest that they my do a dlc for it.

So fingers crossed.

• At the moment Crossings and circles can be build as Bus Stations. One way roads are not possible, because a street must have min. one lane for each direction.

BlueBrixx