The new "EU ONLY" Socialmedia Contest

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I just learned of the new Transport Fever Social Media Contest from my Facebook posts...and I reacted how I would think many of the USA community members might have reacted. This is the Facebook transcript so far...

My question after reading about the contest being EU Only:
    "Why only EU entries? Don't forget about us here in the USA!"

The Community Facebook reply:
    "The problem is: we are a European fan community - from fans to fans and we have not enough money for the international shipping-cost. All merchandise products are paid by us. Sorry for this limitation."

My reply:
    "I have a feeling there are many USA fans who will feel bad unless something could be done. I appreciate your reason for the limitations, but I would also bet a simple recognition of what I am sure would end up being the superior (smiles) entries would suffice. Even if it was only "Honorable Mention", or some other "Prize" in lieu of merchandise, I am sure the honor of winning...or placing...would be appreciated.
    And to help with what expenses you might incur to somehow include USA community members in the contest...I just donated 10 Euros to the community cause...smiles.
    PS...my community website name is Heinekn."

So...what do the rest of you think? Just curious.

Jerry Swanson
    aka Heinekn

• Yeah, I'll have to admit, I thought the same thing when I read, that it was going to be a EU-Only contest.
    The question I have to ask myself is: why is there no american, let alone english speaking TF/TPF forum? Are really so few people in the US and UK interested? (I find that hard to believe)

On the other hand, I'd love to be a customer at Dairy Queen more often, but I live in Austria - so I guess we all have our limits ;)

No, seriously though, your point is a valid one and I believe that this forum has never been one to shut people out.
    Perhaps something can be done, but I wouldn't like to promise anything just yet.

Lg, YstlDystl

• Although I am totally off the grid social media- wise myself and both of you have valid points I think there should be a way to appreciate not only US/ British but worldwide members.
    Maybe we could instead create some sort of "wish a mod" price for out of EU members. We give some sort of frame of what is possible and the winner can choose from that. I would volunteer for that. I do buildings only though.

• The next SocialMedia-Contest in this week is for all fans worldwide ;) Then without the merchandise package but with a steam key :D i hope, this is a good deal :P

Ok I've been thinking about the problem and found a solution. The contest is open for all members worldwide but without the merchandise-package, this is only for european members.

Shipping cost outside the european is so expensive for us, we do this in our leisure time and with a very small budget.

• I would find it hard to believe that there are few community members from the USA. I mean, the sim developers did release the USA patch, so there must be a market here for train sims.

And besides...I am sure there are others who struggle with their Bing and Microsoft Edge Translator so they can read this German website and read/contribute the forums! It takes a lot of effort to try to belong here! And this website is the only website pertaining to this sim, so what's a guy to do?

Anyway...Wouldn't it be interesting to see a breakdown of community members by country?

Jerry

• Don't forget, this is not an official marketing campaign by the developer or publisher.
    This is strictly organized by private persons, in their free time.
    If you want more official world-wide actions, please speak to Gambitious as publisher.
    If there were american fan sites, they most likely also would not care about shipping free stuff they have to pay themselves to EU or Asia.

• I hate this discussion so much. We do our best to help all fans around the world, in our freetime and with our money. We have many english-threads and all visitors can talk in english - most fans come from German-speaking countries, these is our focus - the usa is not the middle of the world, it is a large country with many fans but we get no help from these users - no we get moaning (Gejammer?)

End of these discussion!

• If you really hate to discuss this topic so much you shouldn' t have joined this thread in the first place. I see absolutely no reason for this rudeness. Instead of being glad that non german users try to participate you shut them off.
    Admin or not this doesn' t make you or this site look good.

• @der Petersen Seriously?

Stepkes comment wasn't about english speaking peolpe trying to participate here, but about english speaking users who complain about the fact, that this forum is mostly german. It's not like we're creating the restrictions for english speaking users for fun, regarding the contest it has to do with shipping costs (which propably are higher than the price for the merchandise stuff), regarding the livestreams (there were also people complaining about them being in german only) it's just not possible to have them in two languages and last but not least, the forum software isn't really designed to support multiple languages.
    We do our best to enable as much non german spaking users as possible to participate here, but we only have limited time/ressources so it's impossible to provide everything in two languages.

To sum it up: We welcome all non german speaking users, but they should realize that as long as most of our users are german speaking (and some of them do not speak english), most of the content here will be in german.

• I think you are missunderstanding @Stepke, @der Petersen...
    There is no one trying to shut them of, just trying to explain why we may not be able to satisfy all users from all around the world.

Again, the forum administration tries to create something for the community, make the users happy and create engagement and some users are objecting and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Please, just accept that as a Germany-based fan forum with private financing, we may not be able to satify users all around the world although anybody is absolutely welcome here!

edit: I was a bit to late ;)

• Calm down guys. I was never complaining about anything.

Just asking questions. And if you didn't get the joke...I was kidding when I was talking about needing to do all that translating. Smiles.

And FYI...some people use smiley faces...I type "Smiles".

I completely understand the shipping charges thing. I have shipped my Bottle Trees (http://www.bottletreecreations.com) to the Caribbean, the Philippians, Great Britain and to six of the Canadian Provinces. I fully understand international shipping rates.

Just call my comments whining if you must...but was never meant that way. Call it my dry humor.

I have been visiting this site since I started with Train Fever about two years ago...and I appreciate all the work everyone does for the community.

And why would I want to start an English forum? This site is where all the experience is. And besides...the USA does not have all the train spotters like you guys do...smiles.

So...PEACE everyone. And besides...the EU should be happy we are trying to do our best to NOT elect Trump...smiles.

And did I hear someone say the USA is NOT the center of the Universe? It is to laugh!

And could someone answer the other question I asked please? How many other self-centered "Americans" belong to this community?

Love you all!

Jerry

• Well, my american passport says I'm american... My 24 years of living in Vienna say “is ma wuascht“ (I don't care).

Seriously though, considering that Railroad Tycoon & Co seem to have been fairly popular in the US it surprises me there aren't more americans into TF/TPF - though I assume it's simply because of this forum being mostly german.
    Would love to find out how many downloads from the webdisk went to the US ;) I'm positive it's quite a few!

Lg, YstlDystl

• there must be a market here for train sims.

How comes. Even not enough rail tracks you have ;););)

Honestly I wonder why Americans become exited of trains. It's rarely enough.
    But, I like your sense of humour.

My private concern is: why all those who don't believe the networks are social are out of the game?
    Herewith I am declaring: I do not use Facebook, google(?), flicker-immer, twitter-continuously, or other so called social networks.
    My private social network works fine with beer, barbecue and guitar.

Since my private avatar got sick in reason of falling left top corner central byte (was a nasty neutrino going around), I have no one who can join the contest in my name. Am I discriminated now ?(

PS: some people see the basement to smile...

• I don't understand the commotion. This is a private German(-speaking) fansite and they run a privately sponsored contest. They get to choose the rules. So many things are US-only (phones, software, freedomTM) but this one time something is specifically EU-only and there is a fuzz.

• Don't worry Chris-tier...

Considering our history of stealing ideas and calling them our own, I am sure there will come a day when the USA takes over this site...smiles. It's the American thing to do, don't you know?

And I have to laugh at how Microsoft Edge translates the last part of your message as "...EU-only and there is a fuzz.‎"

Fuzz?

Fuzz is the stuff on a peach or the face of a young man. Smiles.

Jerry

BlueBrixx