Problem with removing workshop item

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello. I tried to create a mod for Transport Fever. After publishing in Steam workshop I found that the mod is broken. So I decided to delete it from Workshop. But I forgot to unsubscribe it before deleting. Now that item does not exist in workshop, but still is in the game. If I remove it manually from Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/446800/798381214 it pops up an error message cannot open C:/Program files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/446800/798381214/mod.lua: No such file or directory
    This error is usually caused by modding. The syntax of some game resources is not corrected.
    Please help me. Thanks in advance

• If you still have the folder, try starting the game and disable the mod, before deleting the folder. If that's not the case, I (might be stupid idea) would say, create the folder and the mod.lua by hand with basic information inside and then try to disable it afterwards.

• The mod is disabled. I just wanna delete it from Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/446800 folder. But I cant do it because the game will crash after opening advanced game settings dialog.

• Hello Tomas!

I would maybe suggest adding the mod to the Steam Workshop again, subscribing and then removing it from Transport Fever.
    After that you can delete it again from the Workshop. Or have you already tried that?

Also, as a Moderator, I would ask that you kindly edit this thread at the top and give it a title/name that says a little bit more than just "help"... perhaps something with "deleted Steam Workshop content" or something like that.
    Thanks!

Lg, YstlDystl

• Erm, deleting a mod from the workshop doesnt delete it from the ppl's games ;) If so the saves would get unplayable! You see that in your case ;) You deleted the mod and now TpF tries to load non-existing files -> crash. Used mods are stored within the saves and need to be present while loading. No mod and you can delete your save.

• I had this problem too.
    If you reupload your old mod and you still know the old id number then by rename the mods map to this old number makes you able to load your infected save back.

But yes you keep the mod listed 2 times.

It seems if you not unsubscribe to a mod the game keeps searching for it even after you delete the modfolder manualy.

So where is this information kept? Is it in a file which can be edited with a text editor?

I don't have a clue. If I find a solution I shall report it here!

I found the solution.
    Open the game and go to "Free game" and then push the button "Advanced". (instead of save game)
    There you can find the mod which not exist anymore on the workshop and on top of the window is a unsubscribe button.

So you be able to unsubscribe ingame from a not existing workshop mod. :)
    Don't do this if one of your saves need this mod!

Maybe not new to many but I hope this help some.

Edit by Merk: Merged double post.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von wernervsneo ()

• Sorry if I misunderstand something, but maybe you haven't done this yet:

I have just tried that. But after publishing it again It gets a new workshop ID.

Place your mod in \Steam\userdata\USERNUMBER\446800\local\staging_area\ and add the attached workshop_fileid.txt file to the very same mod folder (next to mod.lua, strings.lua, workshop_preview.jpg, etc).
    Then try to reupload your mod through the game one more time.

Dateien

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von slumpie ()

BlueBrixx