Ändern der Landschaftstexturen (Grass, Berge usw)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• ich nehm mal schwer an das es in TpF anders funktioniert mit den Landschaftstexturen, denn ich werd irgendwie nicht schlau.

Rein die TGA ersetzten bringt nichts, hab zum Test mal alle TGA vom USA Ordner in den Europa kopiert, starte das Spiel mit Europa und die Texturen sind dennoch die von Europa, ich find zwar die Texturen die ich ersetzten will als TGA, aber da muss noch irgendwas mehr dahinter sein, ich nehm mal an dds Files? Jedoch find ich da irgendwie nichts schlaues..

Dachte erst dass das Ganze als Mod geladen wird und die Texturen doppelt vorhanden wären, aber dies ist auch nicht der Fall

• sorry fürs spamen. aber ich blick da nicht durch

die detail_color_O.tga kann man ändern und es ändert die Textur auf der ganzen Karte. Egal ob ich es als Mod einbinde oder direkt, alle weiteren detai_color (1-11) haben absolut keine Auswirkung auf die Änderung, auch finde ich in den config files keine Referenz auf irgendwelche TGA Files ausser eine auf
    detail_color.tga ohne Zahl.

dds Files haben nur Einfluss auf Texturen unter plazierten Objekten wie Bäume oder Steine.

überseh ich irgendwas?

• Das Hauptproblem zum ändern der Terrain Texturen ist folgender Eintrag in der base_config.lua

Code
    tu.makeTextureMipmapRepeat("terrain/detail_color.tga", true, true, false, "TWOD_ARRAY")

das erste true muss false sein, ansonsten frisst der die Texturen nicht, wieso auch immer

wird dies nicht geändert, frisst er nur die detail_color_0.tga für die komplette Map

Code
    tu.makeTextureMipmapRepeat("terrain/detail_color.tga", false, true, false, "TWOD_ARRAY")

anschliessend müssen für eine Mod alle detail_color.tga von 0-11 in die Mod gepackt werden, auch wenn nur einige ausgetauscht werden.

Wie es sich mit den Nrml_color_tga verhaltet kann ich nicht genau sagen, denn irgendwie seh ich die Änderungen im Spiel, füge ich aber auch den Eintrag in die mod.lua
    und füge alle tga auch von 0-11 hinzu stürzt das Spiel ab.

Wie und wo die Texturen sich überschneiden findet man in der terrain_gen.fs . res/shaders/misc

folgender Eintrag ändert die Höhenlevel

Code
    float heightLevel = getLevel(min(height, 600.0), .0, 230.0, 360.0, 470.0, 550.0, 600.0);

die Zahlen sind Höhenangaben.

Denke man kann da in den Einstellungen noch mehr rumspielen wie die Texturen verteilt werden

• to change the colors according to height? is that correct?

For that, it is a small color file (49kb) in the res/textures/terrain folder named level_colors.tga There is a similar one in the USA folder but contains a different color palette for the US South Western desert. (the rest of the USA looks like the Europe colors).

dds texture files are primarily for model textures. No need to touch those unless you want to change the colors of the rock, tree, and track assets.

Use a good image editor program like https://www.gimp.org/ It is very good and best of all, it is free. To make the higher elevation colors darker, select the upper bands of colors (shades of grey?), in the level_colors.tga file and decrease their brightness levels. Do not save the .tga file with RLE compression, save it without compression. When done, the .tga file should be the same size as the original, 49kb.

The detail_color_0 through 11 tga files are for the different terrain types, like rock, dirt, sand, gravel, grass and so on. Those colors can also be changed but they only work as, what is the word? overlay? layers? for different terrain features and are not always based on elevation height level. They are affected a little bit by height, but mostly they are affected by elevation changes like cliffs and canyons. Elevation changes can appear at almost any height level. For example, if you dig a hole in the terrain, rock, gravel, and dirt (detail_color_9, _10, _11) will show up on the edges no matter what elevation the hole is dug at.

I have 2 terrain mods on the Steam Workshop if you want to have a look at what I did change.

• thx for the answer, i allready released a snowy mountain mod, well i saw the level_colors.tga but i had to change the detail_color (6?7?) can't remember to make them snowy.

and float high level is where the textures start and end. well i thouhgt when i change the level_colors.tga the final resolution ingame isnt that good.

• Oh! apologies, I did not realize you were the author of Snowy Mountain mod. It appears my texture mods conflict with yours. I modified all of the detail textures with new colors and lowered the color saturation levels, ... too much bright green! My detail color textures #9 #10 and #11 were also colored to an earth texture.

Your mod is good, but when I dig into the low elevation terrain for tracks and roads, it appears as snow and ice next to green grass. When I looked at the files, the rock, dirt and gravel textures had been colored white and grey. That is how I found that your mod conflicts with mine. My apologies for this, I do not know how to make them play well together.

I am working on another couple of problems with the game terrain textures.

1) when adding trees and shrubbery models next to rock, gravel and dirt terrain textures, adding more than 4 or 5 models will override the terrain with a dark green texture. I am looking for a better "override" texture.

2) adding more than 4 or 5 rocks to a group will cause the underlying gravel textures to disappear. I am not sure why that happens. I think there is a LUA file that controls this behavior, ... somewhere.

Good Luck with your projects, I like the Snowy Mountains, but I also wish there was a way to make the terrain overlay textures work well together.

• well, i just created that mod for fun :)

the biggest problem i had is, that u have to put all detail_color.tga into the mod folder for changing the textures. so thats might be the problem diffrent mods wont work together.

the next problem is, u cant change the textures by height, i think there is an other algorythem somewhere that manages that

BlueBrixx