DMA 40t Trucks & Trailers

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• It looks so fantastic... but, and sorry that i tell it again... i dont like the 10´ containers. :/
    They are so rare, that they are looks so strange.

Little statement:
    I´m from Hamburg germany, a city/state with one of the largest container-harbor of the world.
    There are thousand of 20´ and 40´ containers. i never see the short 10´ containers. (But i know that they are exists.)

I think it´s looks more "realistic" if you youse the original UG-containers (20´) for tools, machines, plastic, food and livestock. ;)
    One neutral container exists too.

evtl. you can shrink the 20´ containers to a little bit (15´), so you can use 2 of these containers on the trailer.
    looks a litte strange too... but not soo extreme like the 10´ containers.

Ich bin nur dafür verantwortlich was ich schreibe, nicht was andere verstehen "wollen"!

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ; AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,4 GHz ; 8 GB DDR3 Ram ; GeForce GTX 660 @ 3 GB GDDR5 Ram (Treiber: 431.36)

• It looks so fantastic... but, and sorry that i tell it again... i dont like the 10´ containers.
    They are so rare, that they are looks so strange.

Everything you said about shipping containers are true and I agree with you. Also, I must admit that I never seen any 10" container in RL.

So, question is why I made containers in this way?

Answer is simple: to make more variations for load volume.

According to Schmitz Cargobull documentation - their goose semitrailer can carry two 20" or one 40" container. If I used this then we can have this variations:
    - 1 x 20" container
    - 2 x 20" container
    - 1 x 40" container
    This is only 3 variations and then steps on loading will be 33% or 6.66 cargo units, 13.33 units and 20 units.

I made containers in 3 sizes, we can call then 20, 40 and 60 and then I made adjustements in container sizes and trailer holders to make more variations on load:
    1 x 20
    2 x 20
    3 x 20
    1 x 40 + 1 x 20
    1 x 60
    In this case we have steps of 20% and 5 variations on cargo loading and everything is just little more colorfull ;)

In all mods I trying to make things realistic, but sometimes we have to sacrifice realism to improve gameplay.

• According to Schmitz Cargobull documentation - their goose semitrailer can carry two 20" or one 40" container. If I used this then we can have this variations:
    - 1 x 20" container
    - 2 x 20" container
    - 1 x 40" container
    This is only 3 variations and then steps on loading will be 33% or 6.66 cargo units, 13.33 units and 20 units.

For "me" this is the best compromise.
    Better low variations, then "ugly" short containers. ;)
    But this is just my personal opinion.
    In final its YOUR mod. :thumbup:

Ich bin nur dafür verantwortlich was ich schreibe, nicht was andere verstehen "wollen"!

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ; AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,4 GHz ; 8 GB DDR3 Ram ; GeForce GTX 660 @ 3 GB GDDR5 Ram (Treiber: 431.36)

• At the end the "ugly" containers are existing. Doesn't matter if someone have seen them or not.
    Well, it might be a solution to pack two sets of this mod. One with, one without the "tiny box". ;)

• I´m falling in love. :love:
    Realy... thats looks best.

If you want, you can add one more loding-option, when die 1x 20´container change position from back to front of trailer.
    ok.. i think thats unlogical.. ;) but only an idea.

And if you want it "perfect", the 1x 20´container variation should definitely put on front part of trailer. (realistic)

But so it looks much much better thean the 10´container. :thumbup:

• And if you want it "perfect", the 1x 20´container variation should definitely put on front part of trailer. (realistic)

Exactly the opposite. I was talking with a neighbor who is a professional truck driver and he told me that if he transports only one 20ft container - it always puts it to the end of the trailer, above the trailer wheels - because of stability.

• And a little information about the loading:
    The unit in TPF is volume (1 m³ or 1000 l, 1 kl) and NOT wight (t) !!

• do you multiply the load quantity again with four?

OK. I'm stupid. So, can somebody explain me where is problem with capacity?

40t vanilla truck can carry 20 cargo units which mean: 1 cargo unit = 2t

I don't see any quantity multiplied/divided with 4 in this case! Or, maybe I'm wrong and 40t vanilla truck can carry 80t (because in .mdl file is number '80')?

Passengers? OK. People talking about multiply/divide by 4...

I have situation that game showing 300 residents in one city... I have two lines from that city to another two cities. Both lines have two MAN buses. So, in total I have 4 buses running and all buses are full all the time.

Buses have capacity of 48 people (multiplied by 4 is 192) which means that my one city which have 300 residents can create 768 passengers!?

• 40t vanilla truck can carry 20 cargo units which mean: 1 cargo unit = 2t

The most of thinking error.
    40t trucks means the all over weight of the truck (with cargo), and NOT the cargo loading weight! ;)
    a typical empty 40t-truck have a ownweight of about 12t ! So he can (allowed) max. load 28 t. But the most truck never reached this cargo-weight.

20 cargo units are real 80 units (see in .mdl). 80 m³ is the loadingvolume of a typical european box-trailer!

The cargo-unit in TPF is m³ and NOT t !
    btw.... the loading volume you can better calculate then the loadingweight. ;)

And trust us.. all units (passengers and cargo) are definine in .mdl in real-units!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jey_Bee ()

• Compare it with wikipedia ore else. ;)
    Take some passanger vehicle, and look. ;)

For example:
    ABOAG-Bus: mdl capacity=42
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allgemeine_Berliner_Omnibus_AG
    (..hatte der Decksitz-Omnibus Platz für 42 Personen)

Some vehicle have some deviations, to fit better in gameplay.

Best example are the planes.
    Boing 757 = capacity = 220, -- wikipedia: max 239
    DC3 = capacity = 32, -- wikipedia

In game the capacitys are divided by 4.
    So we thing... what stupid less passenger-capacity

• YES the 1:4 passenger/cargo rule IS official.
    Show only the capacitys of the vanilla-vehicles!
    Best compare.. look the passenger train-cars.

• Exactly the opposite. I was talking with a neighbor who is a professional truck driver and he told me that if he transports only one 20ft container - it always puts it to the end of the trailer, above the trailer wheels - because of stability.

I also know it that way. I once had a 13m trailer half loaden on the front and it was not fun to drive...

Grüsse aus der Schbätzles-Diaspora,
    - petrolhead -

nachts isch kälter wie draussen... :P

BlueBrixx