Train stations with slope

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello there,

My first post here.

I have just done my first train station mod for Transport fever: the sloped train station.

The link is here:
    Sloped train stations

Or you can get it via Steam workshop
    http://steamcommunity.com/shar…filedetails/?id=824307738

This mod helps you building station on half hill where the slope could be very constraint.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/107356734867921400/53BF576858F86623E2E30C49B880700E00B302E6/]

This project is just the warm-up for my upcoming stations MOD :) Since only scripting is enough to archive this :D

I am planning to make elevated station, underground station and curved station, perhaps cross station with different angles, alos concrete flying junction.

The techinique is almost mastered, faisablity ok, and experimented with good result, just need to make some 3D models to make it like a MOD :)

I'd go vacation tomorrow, back the next year :)

cordialement
    Zheng

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

• Hi

How did you rotate the street lanes so passengers can actual use the station?

I have the same idea in development
    But I have not found a way to rotate the building and actually keep the street connection working only with a rotation/translation in a con script
    -edit-
    Actually, it seems you didn't have a solution

• Well, you cannot rotate a Street in the edgeList. The first Vector only defines the position and the second the face direction, but there is no tilt.
    So the Street won't connect with the transportNetwork in the building anymore after rotation.
    I still have not found a solution for this. (Except creating for each slope a new building or a separate building connector)

• Well, you cannot rotate a Street in the edgeList. The first Vector only defines the position and the second the face direction, but there is no tilt.
    So the Street won't connect with the transportNetwork in the building anymore after rotation.
    I still have not found a solution for this. (Except creating for each slope a new building or a separate building connector)

yes you are right.

I have fixe the bug. The solution is rather simple, just rotate the station by (y = 0, z = 0) and ignore the entries, since the transportNetwork of the building interfaces with that of platform there.

• Nice mod. Can't wait for your station mod. In tf, building underground station was easy, just lower the road the the station would snap to it with the ground level adjusting for the depth. In tpf, it's a pain in the ass with the invalid terrain and need to lower way more ground for the station then needed

Rechecked and the first solution is not total, so improved the script to modify the transportNetwork on loading, it should be working perfectly.

• Hi Enzojz! I really enjoy this mod, it totally changed my gameplay, now that I can build train stations wherever I want and not where the ground elevation forces me to ;)

I have a few suggestions to improve the settings dialogue. This is the current state:

Issues with the current UI:

• Slope adjustment is not very fine-grained (especially for slopes <10‰) and available options are irregular
    • Negative slope (y/n) is not very intuitive
    • Altitude adjustment does not follow the pattern of slope adjustment
    • Usage of multipliers for altitude adjustment is also not very intuitive

Here is my proposal:

Both slope and altitude adjustment follow the same pattern. The top row defines the general direction (up/down or left/right) and allows to jump in large steps. The bottom row allows for fine-grained adjustment within the range of the previously defined larger steps. There are exact values on the left, center and right; the spaces in between are filled with dots (because the fractions like 1.25 are not pretty, take too much place and there is no need to know the exact values anyway, as long as the intervals are regular).

Also, I'd love to see a similar approach applied to the number of tracks and platform length (it's funny how fast you get in a situation where 8 tracks are not enough ;D).

Anyway, hope you like the idea. Keep up the great work :)

• @Klamann

Yes, it's a good idea. I will try to improve slopes options.

However since the sloped station is totally based on original stations(it catches the output of original stations and modify it), so I think I don't change the options for tracks and length in near future, except I totally rebuild it one day.

• Klamann

That's because in that mod every letter in the script is from zero, while in sloped station, it just capture the output from original stations and only do necessary work to put them on slope, so these options from original stations can't be modified.

Of course I can do it all by myself, but the problem is the time. I have jobs on daytime, night for family. As you see I have a long to-do-list for every types of station and flying junctions, I prefer to finish them first then improve.

• I see, thanks for your reply.

Would you be interested in accepting code contributions to your project? As I said, I'm new to modding in Transport Fever, but I'm an experienced programmer and I bet I could implement the UI suggestions and maybe some other features that are not on your list, like sloped terminal stations.

• I would prefer to accept algorithm or 3D modeling contributions.

Would be interesting in sloped terminal stations, in theory it would be easy to implement, if you don't have any modding experience, it would be a good point to start with, I just started modding with sloped station last months, it's not hard to mod with TPF.

I have just uploaded all my projects on GitHub, you can fork any.

https://github.com/Enzojz/

• it is a separate mod, but it modifies the vanilla stations and so it works with sloped stations too. Currently, I'm trying to fix compatibility issues with other mods, but this may turn out to be impossible. Still trying to figure out where to go from here ^^

can you tell me more about your track generating script?

• For the compatibility issue, this game holds the principle that first come first load, so if in your mod there are paths may be used by other mods, rename them to avoid version conflicts.

Then check the legality of data from params and give them default value in case of nil, some mods may cause some of your params invalide, I don't know reason but this problem exists.

You need to pay attention that the game save stores paths of mdl in it, so once published, you can't delete them in future versions.(you can change, but never delete or do breaking changes)

This is my lib for track generation
    https://github.com/Enzojz/unde…es/scripts/stationlib.lua

So far it handles generation of tracks by group and assign terminals, the output are lists of matrices for edges and platforms and terminals corresponds, you have option to have middle platforms or middle tracks layout.

With this I have refactorized underground station:

https://github.com/Enzojz/unde…s/scripts/mlugstation.lua

It's still in evolution, I do script in very FP way, so perhaps you may take some time if you haven't yet experience in this paradigm(I think more or less you had some, if you did C# or JS, Python ever), but it's very easy to understand, and you will like it.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

BlueBrixx