Down Ramp / Dive Junction Project

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Building only every second track works by script, then you can add the inner track by hand.
    I am quite sure TpF doesn't create the right tunnel entrance when building with a construction script and this creates a terrain collision. I am not sure how I could tell the tunnel edge to create the 3 parts portal. Creating a tunnel portal without models crashes the game when loading, so this isn't an option...

-edit-

If both edgeList don't connect this is the result:

• @eis_os I have a feeling that you might have to manually tell what tunnel entrance file / type for this to work, single track entrance track is one type, multi-tracked left track is one mdl type, multi-tracked middle track is another type (the middle mdl file type, and lastly to finish it off the ending edge mdl type)

i.e.
    Single version - { "railroad/tunnel_old.mdl" },
    2 tracks - { "railroad/tunnel_double_old.mdl" },
    multi-tracks - { "railroad/tunnel_large_start.mdl", "railroad/tunnel_large_rep.mdl", "railroad/tunnel_large_end.mdl" },

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dannyt ()

• Adding a gap between the edge lists, build the tunnel entrance.
    After this its possible to modify the construction and rebuild without the gap.
    It works and a connection is added.

On the other hand, it's not possible to connect the rails between the gap as seen on the screenshot by normal track building. (Snappoints are defined)
    Very odd, as the tracks are shown to have a collision, but the tunnel entrance is right and ok.

And on ground level the connection is always working, you get a black tunnel object on ground.

• Sorry, it is not possible to build a connection via script between a tunnel track and a normal track if it's below ground level with more then one track.
    You get tunnel track terrain collision as seen on the last screenshots.

What do you mean with underground station? I have a working fully underground train station, but as said with a non good looking tunnelhull.

This thread is a about creating ramps between ground level and underground via script, but this seems to be not possible. I guess modifying did work once because the terrain was already changed so the connection was possible as it was virtually above ground level.

• That is at groundlevel = 0, I said several times it's possible when you build at ground level but it won't work below ground!
    Did you after all read what I wrote in the earlier posts? Did you seen my screenshot? Try to build a tunnelentrance at -12m with more then one track

-edit-

One Track at >= 0works
    Two tracks at >= 0works
    One Track below groundworks
    Two tracks or more below grounderror, terrain collision
  • Yes its true, I tried what eis_os did, and I couldn't avoid the terrain collision error...

The problem is, when a tunnel entrance is made, there was a terraform operation you can actually see it is indicating a surface area it try to collapse, what the logic built in-game do is to change the visual so that the end result will not collapse terrain at the entrance.

Unfortunately, when a second track is to be lay next to first, it also wants to collapse the terrain, which overlap with the first, causing the terrain collision error. If it is hand laid by users, the system will trigger proper reaction to this and re-adjust itself accordingly, since we are running tracks with scripts, that said system reaction never occurred.

I even tried with some other ways to avoid terrain collision error, like working out the slope angle when the track hits the terrain to generate a tunnel entrance.

The screenshot above shows a surface tunnel ( yes I know of course it works ! but I was trying to work out the terrain slope angle before I put this into the terrain downwards )

If the terrain you trying to hit is having the wrong slope angle or position, you can see even when it is on the surface you won't be able to lay a track next to existing tracks, and that it is trying to find the right terrain slope angle by receding backwards (try to pay attention, there is a bigger tunnel entrance its trying to make but its further back then original one, also the red surface area indicator shows overlapping terrain collapse areas)

After I tried many slope angle, terrain heights, it seems this terrain slope angle is the perfect angle, when you try lay a track next to existing ones, the tunnel entrance is not trying to push itself backward and that there are no collision error...
    UNFORTUNATELY, it is still NOT WORKING when I dip this underground... when I tried to manually terraform everything to avoid terrain collision error. Though there are more things I can still do to see if we can work around that.

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dannyt ()

• Simple as I can be, next target is to archive curves both on upper and lower side.

Am i doing something wrong with this thing, I get collisions with the lower track if i try build a "Straight" bridge so if have to raise the bridge wich looks awkward :(

• I did it based on my previous work for flying junction, so no new track type created, I use no terrain alignment and calculate the terrain alignment by myself.

However I know what are you asking about. In game with new track/road created, the terrain alignment is till -1 existing edges. In my case I have more 4 edges in an arc and this is formed by 2 arc, and two transition edges at each end to give snapping.

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

• I am not sure what you mean with arc. Do you mean that you have two small pieces at the end flat and then a curve down? And you calc some sample points every x length and build a list of triangles for the terrain modification list?

• Excellent work ! My maths skill is really crappy compare to your level @Enzojz, You must add this feature into a new mod !

Meanwhile I will still improve my flying junction mod in some ways, I have some ideas but I recently spent time 3D modelling so I didn't update anything on my own flying junction mod.

I don't know if I should upload my coal hopper onto transportfever.net yet, I was waiting on negative feedbacks, then make improvements, then upload it here.

BlueBrixx