Managed to get underground station with platforms

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• @Enzojz - in your newest release (on steam) you included tram tracks - is it possible to make those optional? because in my town, your subway train stations are replacing the tram system, so having those 2-meter tram tracks everywhere in the city isn't that nice to see :D

(correct me if it actually is - then I'm just too stupid to find them :D)

Oh, erm, and there's another big issue with the new version, at least on my savegame:

Old underground stations are doing very well, while newer ones (at least those with a platform length of 40m)... don't know the exact word for it, but they are not used by passengers - because there is no catchment area (I think this is correct)

Here two screens:
    the new one with 40m platforms, no catchment

the old one with 40m platforms, has a catchment area

and here a new one with 160m tracks - and interestingly it works fine now.

• Oh @enzoboston - I absolutely hate it, but I have to tell you another problem with one of the recent updates (although I don't know exactly which one).

It turns out that every subway station with more than one level is crashing the game! I noticed an unusually high amount of crashes since the 1.2 update, and so although the stations work now, my two- and three-level-stations produce the game crash. I tried it out in June 1981 and with them, the game crashed in every try before 1982, without them (but with one-level-stations) it ran without problems until the 2000-years.

I'm sorry I don't know what exactly makes the game crash, as there are no errors showed to me, and also the sdout gives no hint about what's wrong.

• @Danny_41

In fact the issue is there before 1.2, I made some changes in construction data in order to let it crash less(so I observed less crashes with 1 layer so I changed the data more like a 1 layer structure). Since in 1.1 some crashes will certainly happen, now in 1.2 and 1.3 it seems less likely to, at least in my test run yesterday, I run from 2000 until 206x.

I have some report of the same issue, I am pretty sure that's because I run into a case UG have yet considered of (in their stdout I saw assertion error), so I ask them send their dump file to UG.

Beside, it seems some other mods will cause crashes more frequently, I don't know which, since they installed a lot.

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

• seems like I have to apologize!
    It is not your mod, that brakes the game - or, to be more clear, not only. I testet in so many hours so many various mods in those saves, including your sloped/underground stations or the advanced station from eis_os, including two completely new savegames, but whatever I do, the game runs a few years stable and then starts to crash in a period of 2 years between loading the save and crash.

But, as I trief some configurations with none of your mods in, the gamebreaker must be something, I couldn't discover yet - TpF not givng any reason why it doesn't work anymore is not a good help with this. But claiming your mod would crash my game should be definetely false, sorry for that!

• I have a non specific report that my station with slope has crashed a game, as I have not a proper report (with pictures) maybe it's my alpha version of the advance station.
    Moderner Bahnhof mit mehr Bauoptionen

But seems not to always happen. Note that Tom has problem with a station because TPF decides to change the street connector of a station, so it may be an engine fault as well.

• If the game engine crashes from C++ code, there won't be any error message.

Sometimes, it's caused by mod but sometimes not.

I have just found an interesting thing yesterday: the total length of paths of textures in a material can not overpass around 184 letters, if it passes, it will crash. :) It's a good reason not to put the folder of files too deep

• I really have no idea what tpf's problem is. The troubles started mid-dezember at an old save, when I introduced Enzojz' sloped stations - and decided to create a new map, and it worked. There was no more trouble for about 6-7 years, I even built a whole subway system with two lines, containing multi-leves stations, depth from 10 to 20m, x-shaped-stations and so on - also eis_os' stations were placed with no problems.

And then, all of the sudden, with no mod changed from my side - the metioned problems appeared;
    For me this doesn't make any sense, and as I don't have a plan of scripting or modding, I'll be waiting a few weeks or months, and hope there will be any upgrades, weather from ug or other sides. But as it is now, that I can only play about 2-16 ingame months without a crash, the game's not playable for me.

(but no offense to anyone - your mods are awesome, and as they seem to work on so many other pcs - so I'll just have to wait.)

• If you have build a sloped station with my alpha station you need a long station or a second working street connection otherwise TPF crashes at some point.
    Sorry for this problem, simple removing all my stations should fix this problem, but that the reason I called it alpha.

• as soon as I'll get back to my PC I'll try - indeed I use your station with 160m in a heavy slope.
    But - I erased your station and replaced it with an unsloped vanilla one, still game crashes - with none of your stations built anymore. Is this still the same problem?

If you have build a sloped station with my alpha station you need a long station or a second working street connection otherwise TPF crashes at some point.
    Sorry for this problem, simple removing all my stations should fix this problem, but that the reason I called it alpha

• I really have no idea what tpf's problem is. The troubles started mid-dezember at an old save, when I introduced Enzojz' sloped stations - and decided to create a new map, and it worked. There was no more trouble for about 6-7 years, I even built a whole subway system with two lines, containing multi-leves stations, depth from 10 to 20m, x-shaped-stations and so on - also eis_os' stations were placed with no problems.

And then, all of the sudden, with no mod changed from my side - the metioned problems appeared;
    For me this doesn't make any sense, and as I don't have a plan of scripting or modding, I'll be waiting a few weeks or months, and hope there will be any upgrades, weather from ug or other sides. But as it is now, that I can only play about 2-16 ingame months without a crash, the game's not playable for me.

(but no offense to anyone - your mods are awesome, and as they seem to work on so many other pcs - so I'll just have to wait.)

There's known crash issue with 2 layer or 3 layer station, I have send some dump files to UG it seems it's a bug from game.

• soon as I'll get back to my PC I'll try - indeed I use your station with 160m in a heavy slope.
    But - I erased your station and replaced it with an unsloped vanilla one, still game crashes - with none of your stations built anymore. Is this still the same problem?

Sagen wirs so... nachdem ich die eine betreffende Station aufn zweiten Straßenanschluss gebracht hab, stürzt das spiel nicht mehr alle 2 monate ab, dafür aber immernoch regelmäßig nach nem Jahr. Es musste also noch ein zweiter gamebreaker im Spiel sein - und als ich beide U-Stationen (aus dem advanced-bahnhof) gebulldozt habe, lief das Spiel tatsächlich zum ersten mal seit Anfang 4 Jahre lang durch. Nu stürzt es anfang April 1992 ab, beständig.

Yeah, I know - but in the current try I don't use your underground stations (although I really love building a subway network with those stations...)

Edit: This is in the stdout - dunno if it's importand or not.

• Hi I love these underground stations and I am wondering if it is possible to make an underground cargo station as that would be really useful as tunnels are much easier to set up going into a city and having just a surface building instead of a hug cargo terminal looks quite a bit better.

• Based on my own tests with constructions in general, this might happen if the street only has two nodes and both are snapnodes. This can only be changed inside the .con file. So if a modder wants to keep the probability of such problems low, I suggest not to use streets and tracks where all nodes are snap nodes (just split them in the middle).

• Same experience here. Only solution for now: remove the connected streets, upgrade and build streets again.
    To reduce the impct for the town you can buil and remove crossroads as near as possible to the station. This will left very short street segments which help you to upgrade easily with low impact to other buildings.

BlueBrixx