Clarification on how supply/demand works

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I started the American campaign for the umpteenth time, however I decided to take my time, not particularly worry about the campaign goals, and just play the map to learn the game and mechanics properly. Making money on this campaign isn't easy (as far as I can tell) and I'm unsure how supply and demand works...here's the situation as it panned out.

I find the Iron Ore mine and create a track and a train to take the Iron Ore to the Tools factory. Immediately, the Iron Ore mine fills the platform with Ore. Initially, I have four trains with three carriages each transporting Ore to the factory, and they can't keep up. I create a couple of truck depots to transport the Tools to the Commercial area of town. I up the number of carriages on the trains and money is finally rolling in.

Then it stops. Production at the mine slows down, production at the factory slows down, and the depot housing the finished tools slow down. I remove about a third of my trains and wagons...after a bit of investigation I determine (although I'm not sure) that I've flooded the local market with tools and they simply don't need any more.

Is this a fair assumption? Can I transport tools to a different town? How do I check supply/demand...is there a window that'll show me that other than the per building views?

Thanks!

BlueBrixx