Ethical question: about using vanilla models in your mods

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• With all the recent discussions around the mods of Danny66 being removed (on his request) because of using model(s) allegedly without asking permission I have the following question.

I'm not (yet) able to make my own models but still like to make road stations mods to hopefully fill a bit of the void left by the removal of above mentioned mods (which I consider a great inspiration). So my Idea was to start by building them by combining models provided by the vanilla sources and/or other mods available, so not including those models in my mods but just revering to them. In such a case should you ask permission from UG and/or other creators of models you use?

My personally point of view is that as long as I don't include the actual models in my mod I can do this without asking permission as the permission is implicitly already given when they distributed the game or mod that contains the models I use in this way. Of course this would mean my mod only functions as long the external models it depends on remain available in the game. Still I would like to hear the opinion of others on this point.

Mein Deutsch reicht nicht um alles auf Deutsch zu übersetsen, aber kan es lesen, so zögern Sie nicht auf Deutsch zu beantworten.

Don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you.

BlueBrixx