TpFMC Advanced model convertor

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello,
    Are there any installation requirements or additional scripts necessary for the TpFMC or TpFWorkshop to function? Currently the workshop crashes when I try to load any files, or if I drag and drop into either I get the message ["the file" doesn't exist!].
    I've tried on both of my systems using the latest version 0.8.

• @J95459

What version of windows are you using?

you need the tpfworkshop and the two dlls in the package.

I will do some compatibility search this weekend.

@Anachron13

Yes, I have yet tested the correctness of uv map in preview, since I have only repeative maps here. The coordinate system used by .net is not the same as others, I think it's up-down flip.(like when you save tga with ps)

However, I think it doesn't effect the output

I will look into this tonight too.

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

• Windows 10 64 bit on one system and 7 64 bit on the other, both have the same issue. Currently I extract the applications and the dlls to same folder and attempt to run the workshop, it opens fine and I can manipulate the empty display section but it will crash when attempting to load any type of file like so.

• @Enzojz,

So I still haven't noticed any change, no new messages either just the same as shown below.
    I've tried running the programs from their own isolated folder with the same result and I've also tried pretty much every file format as well. There must be something fundamental missing from both of my systems or I'm utilising it wrong, either way it's probably an issue on my end if no one else is having problems.

• @Anachron13

Ok. So it's not the problem of .net but the game is by chance the same uv coordinate...now fixed.

@J95459

For the console case, it seems drop into consoles with a filename with space is not working, try to drop the file directly to the TpfMC.exe icon.

For the GUI, it seems the file isn't found, I have noticed there's no extension to the filename...can you place the model file to the root and see if it works?

In the latest 0.91 I have fixed the very first point, but I don't know if it is the key to your case, try it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

• @Enzojz : I don't understand what you where trying to say about the uv and the game (On peut parler français si tu préfères).

The uv map is still wrong in the preview windows with the last version (exact same). Btw the output windows has a warning about the FBX file being in a newer unsupported version.

Added a screenshot when you can see that the uv seems to be applied without logic, with texture applied with a different scale to different pieces without logic. I have left the output in the screen if there is something that can help.

Edit again : I think you broke something when adding the texture preview, the texture where properly applied ig after converting the msh with the last version before you added texture (see my post n°35 and 37), but now it doesn't work at all, and the result is different from the preview (i only exported the body).

• @Anachron13

Which format are you using? dds or tga?

So far as I know there are two versions of tga, one is the general one and the other is photoshop generate, the photoshop generated tga is Y flipped to the normalized one.

my test is based on dds format, as which I consider normalized, the render from 3dsmax, the convert and the game are coherent..

It look strange you have correct uv on the body and wrong uv on the door...any hint?

(On peut se discuter en français ici c'est ok pour moi, mais je pense en anglais ça donnes des infos utiles aux les autres...)

• When the fbx is exported from blender the texture defined in the model is in TGA (not flipped) to work with blender, the texture used in the model viewer is the final texture in DDS (flipped). Both work properly ig with msh file exported from blender or from an old version of TpFMC. The game handle the flip of the DDS file itself.

The uv is also wrong on the body actually. The part you see in the screen is the part of the texture that go to the front part of the Z21500, not the trailer and there is a scale issue on the vertical axis. The only difference between the door and the body is that the door as two materials (to deal with the transparency issue ig). The interior materiel is applied on the interior face of the door (not visible on the screenshot) while the exterior materiel is applied on the others faces.

• @Anachron13

It seems be many thing need to be figured out with the uv. So you mean in the version of this morning, in the game the uv is correct, only in the converter it's wrong. (The update of yesterday evening only flips the uv in the convertor, while the version of 3 hours ago flipped both in workshop and in game)

It seems the UV coordiant export by Blender is not the same as 3dsmax.

It seems not related to the texture format, I have just tested with one of my old model some years ago, it uses tga and it goes well.

Could you have a test with same texture file both from blender to the game, uses always tga or dds, I think you may need flipped dds for blender, and use it.

• Using dds file from blender give the same result but with the texture flipped in the TpFMC preview (see TpFMC_DDS.jpg), and the exact same result in the model viewer as in my previous post. With the 0.8 version of this morning, the preview is also wrong (see TpFMC0.8.jpg) but the result in the model viewer is good.

• Interesting, here I see some difference between blender and 3dsmax.

But I don't know how to use blender, could you make a sample with following things in it and send me them so I can debug with it.

a cube of 1x1x1 mapped as a cube, so each face are mapped to the whole texture, in blender format and fbx format
    a texture file in tga that I can tell the up/down/left/right
    it's dds conversion
    a preview render as reference

btw, which tool are you using for editing of textures?

• @Anachron13

I did some youtube research and managed to do some test my own

I created a teapot in my blender, imported it into my convert and then into the game.

It seems everything goes well.

All tests based on my previously used dds texture.

I think you need to look into a little to the textures you are using, try to use directly DDS format from blender, no Y flipping if your old method doesn't work so well with my convertor. I am using NVidia's DDS plugin for Photoshop for export.

Perhaps the explanations to uv on my convertor is different to the others, far as I know, the same model have different behavior on TPMC and TFC in terms of UV, this may noticed too, since there are two UV system in the world: origin on left-top and origin on left-bottom.

If still you can't found out anything reasonable, you may send me your model, if you'd like to. Perhaps there are something I don't know there.

@J95459

If you models contains lot's of vertex, the latest update may have fixed your issue, please try it. I find this bug by chance.

• @Enzojz : i edit my textures with paint.net and usually convert to dds with the photoshop plugin.

I think your are searching in the wrong direction for this issue. As you can see from the BB26000 screenshot, the texture is properly applied to this project i'm currently working on like for your test, but unlike the finished Z21500, it as currently only one material and a single texture. For the CC6500 on the other hand (which as multiple material on the same mesh), there is a small shift of the texture on the y axis.

Anyway, all of my models work properly in game, it's just the preview of TpFMC that have issue so it's not a big deal if it's too much trouble to solve. I don't need the preview, as i only intend to use TpFMC for the logo for now. While you did a great job with it, the blender plugin as the advantage of basically exporting a working mod (mdl/mtl/grp files, proper file structure, etc) which make things a lot easier for blender users :)

Tell me if you need me for more tests to broke your work :D

• @Anachron13

Good hint, I DO noticed the offset on Y now(and yes only in the preview), I will discover what's going on.

@Anachron13

Have just did some research and yes, it's a strange behavior from .net's viewport, the mapping will be automatically extended to its bbox by default. Now it's fixed.

I think now you can see a correct door on Z-TER.

I will next add an automatic configuration memorize to avoid selection of transformations again and again.

PS: Très bon travail du Sybic. :D

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

BlueBrixx