game crashes

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I recently bought Train Fever thru Steam. After I selected Free game, got the intro screen and then a black screen, and the game halted.
    I checked the crash dump and fount there were missing folders like airport.

Since Steam responded that they do not deal with "software that they did not create", I cancelled the purchase and got a refund from Steam.

I'm still trying to understand why the files were missing.

any ideas ?

• Sounds like a broken installation and a game cache verification would have fixed it.
    But, Train Fever as well as Transport Fever mostly throw error messages if files are missing instead of exiting with a black screen.
    However, it is too late for this and retrospective speculations about reasons for a particular error that is not even documented are as exact as the weather forecast for next year ;)
    If you refunded Train Fever maybe try out Transport Fever instead ;)

• Thanks for the input.

Grim, you were right (no airports in Train Fever), I actually was talking about Transport Fever, while I meant to try later Train Fever. Sorry for the confusion.

Since IMO I have a pretty good system - win10-64bit, i5-3470 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD and AMD Radeon HD 5800 GPU, I thought I'll have no problem with this game.
    Nevertheless, after I got the refund for Transport Fever, I bought Train Fever, and guess what - after you select New Game, it loads something, and then a black screen.

Sorry, but this is unacceptable, although I would like to play this game. I wonder why after so many crash reports I've seen in the forum, they (devs) didn't respond to my thread.

Thanks again to both of you. I'll give it a try for few more times, and then straight to the refund line... :)

BlueBrixx