Cadoras' Paintshed V2.0

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I'm back! Kinda, sorta. Since last year a couple of things have changed (for the better), but which have lead to me having
    extremely little time for modding. Still, the itch became so bad I just had to scratch. Unfortunately I was (and am still)
    utterly unfamiliair with the new texturing formats of Transport Fever. In this thread I'll publish my
    new projects.

Technically, this thread is a continuation of my old thread for Train Fever: The Paintshed by Cadoras

IMPORTANT:

Requests

In the past I have done a ton of requested work. Like I've said, my time has become extremely limited so I have to allocate
    it with utter care. As such, If you request any work to be done, don't be surprised if I decline or that it'll take (quite) some
    time to be completed.

Double trouble

In the future I'm going to (try to) convert a number of my past projects to Transport Fever. Some of them have become redun-
    dant, some are not. Although I will try to be mindful about it, I consider it my "artisic right" (oh dear...) to convert my own
    work to new standards. If an existing or upcoming mod has similarity with my converted mod, it will not directly be a reason
    to not convert my work.

Mod release

At the moment I'm not entirely sure if my mods are goint to be released in both Workshop and tpf.net. In my opinion Workshop
    has precedence, because everyone that owns Transport Fever has direct access to the Workshop. I don't have anything against this
    website, not in the least. But I'm undecided at the moment if there is (significant) benefit in double releasing these mods. With
    the arrival of Workshop, I'm inclined to use the Workshop for mod release and this forum for "beyond the scenes" and other
    stuff that goes with my work. But like I said, I'm undecided as of yet. My first mod will be released in Workshop first and perhaps
    later on this website.

• As can be seen, I've included new textures for the aging process.

hm.... don't get me wrong, it's a really nice work, but i think it is a little bit to much aging... the oldest stage looks like it has been standing on a railroad graveyard for some years but not in service. Sure, in older days there was less maintenance then today, but i think a little less dirt/rust woul be more realistic.

But I'm undecided at the moment if there is (significant) benefit in double releasing these mods.

Well, please don't forget that there are a lot of players using GOG, so no workshop... for them double releasing is a great benefit.

i7-5820 K | 32 GB | GTX 2070 Super 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 10 TB HDDs
    i7-3770 K | 16 GB | GTX 1070 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 4 TB HDDs

• Like I said, I'm still considering. It hasn't been released yet, because I'm ironing out some bugs and learning how to release on Workshop.

Aging:

I know. I was somewhat torn on that subject. I'll have to consider it on possible feedback. In the past for every person that stated too weathered there
    was another one stating that it could use some more. So, it'll have to grow. Furthermore, the GIF displays it in quicktime. Normally it will take 30 years
    (!) to get that beat up.

• but i think it is a little bit to much aging... the oldest stage looks like it has been standing on a railroad graveyard for some years but not in service. Sure, in older days there was less maintenance then today, but i think a little less dirt/rust woul be more realistic.

Well, old tank cars got filled in at the top and since this was done by human and not automatically, some stuff ran over.

And - because of the brakes - every car looks very "rusty" ;)

• Ich meine, die schwarzen Streifen (vom übergelaufenen Öl) von den Einfüllöffnungen her dürften ruhig noch etwas intensiver sein. Beim Rost wäre ich eher eher etwas dezenter vorgegangen (der Ölschmutz sollte insbesondere im Bereich der Einfüllöffnungen intensiver hervortreten als der Rost). Ansonsten sehr schöne Wagen.
    Ob die aber 1910 schon gelb lackiert waren, da bin ich mir nicht sicher.

• Nice work (and also very nice to see you back!). I have one issue with the steam version tho... it seems there's no image to display in the "Lines"-window, I only have blue boxes (. below). Well, in exchange the waggon looks very nice when seen :)

TT herrscht!

• Ich meine, die schwarzen Streifen (vom übergelaufenen Öl) von den Einfüllöffnungen her dürften ruhig noch etwas intensiver sein. Beim Rost wäre ich eher eher etwas dezenter vorgegangen (der Ölschmutz sollte insbesondere im Bereich der Einfüllöffnungen intensiver hervortreten als der Rost).

My gut feeling as well, but keep in mind I'm still working and playing around. More repaints are in the works and I'm almost certain going to tweak it around more.

• Nice work (and also very nice to see you back!). I have one issue with the steam version tho... it seems there's no image to display in the "Lines"-window, I only have blue boxes (. below). Well, in exchange the waggon looks very nice when seen

Oh dear. A new feature I've missed - easily fixed. Thanks for the tip!

• Hey. I'm realy happy to see you're back and trying to get your magnificent Mod's converted into TpF. I hope you had quite a fine time und come back with new Elan, many new ideas and great aims. Again: Happy to see you're back. Then there is no need anymore for many modellers to write "Cadoras like/styled texture", because maybe they are realy made by Le Grand Chef (Cadoras) then in the future. :-P

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Skyjoe ()

• Oh dear, I don't really know if I'm still deserving of that honorary - I'm quite noobish still with the TpF textures. But will see...
    Model has been updated: thanks to the tip of @ttjunkie the small UI icon has been added!

• Ohh...the first "dead" Modder is back...maybe the next is called @wohlstandskind...
    Great to see you again...take the time you need to convert your mods...I personally can't wait to have your steam Locos back...

• I personally can't wait to have your steam Locos back...

Dead hey? No just dormant in a sense. The steam loco's however - that is up to the original
    mod authors. In most cases I only contributed the paintwork. If or when they choose to con-
    vert their work, I might (when asked and if I got time) update or reboot/vamp the textures.

BlueBrixx