Modding-Contest

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• AuBaBu von Superpaul erinnert mich an einen Plymobil Bus. Wirkt recht knuffig, aber er sieht auch noch ein wenig unfertig aus.

ja ich weiß er sieht wie ein Spielzeug aus weil ich leider mit den Texturen nicht fertig geworden bin
    Ich werde an denen noch weiter arbeiten und einen passenden Metal-Effekt hinzufügen und versuchen das ganze Fahrzeug etwas realistischer aussehen zu lasen.

Meine 2 aktuellen Favoriten bei den Fahrzeugen sind auch der Galaxy (weil der einfach verdammt gut aussieht) und der Peter Pan weil ich bei dem die Kreativität bewundere und er auch ziemlich gut umgesetzt ist
    Die Hyperloop find ich zwar auch keine schlechte Idee aber die Umsetzung lässt zu wünschen übrig (zB. das Glas der Röhre)
    Zu den Zügen muss ich leider sagen das mir diese etwas zu wenig kreativ sind und mich zu sehr an derzeitige Triebwägen erinnern (TGV, ICE, Shinkansen)

Aber ich freue mich das jetzt doch schon einige teilnehmen, ich hatte schon gedacht das da gar nichts kommt ;)

• bis jetzt hat keiner eine Tram gemacht, nur Busse.

Ich finde es schade, dass bis jetzt keine Strassenbahnen vorhanden sind, aber Danke für die Antwort.

Das Auto wirkt als hätte Homer Simpson beim Design geholfen

In Vergleich zu den ''Homer'' von Powell Motors, welcher von Homer Simpson höchstpersönlich designt wurde und damit die Herstellerfirma, welche seinen Halbbruder gehörte (welcher bei der Präsentation wegen den Ladenpreis zusammenbrach), sehr schnell in den Konkurs brachte, sieht das Hoverauto aus meiner Sicht völlig anders aus.
    https://simpsonspedia.net/index.php?title=Homer_(Fahrzeug)

• @Pluesch, das weiß ich. doch bei den Steam Kommentaren steht auch drin das bei einigen der Mod auch in bestehenden Savegames funktionierte. Das habe ich nur noch nicht ausprobiert. Wenn ich es tue, werde ich vorher aber mein Savegame kopieren und in einem BackUp Ordner speichern. Falls es nicht gehen sollte. Ich finde man sollte es erst ausprobieren, bevor man sagt es geht nicht.

@SuperPaul5000, ich weiß das der Mod nicht ganz fertig wurde. Aber ich mag diesen Plastik look. Erinnert mich an meine Kindheit, und an Playmobil. Vielleicht wäre ja eine Sonderedition des Busses drin, eine fahrende Playmobil Hommage.

• Wer hat denn damals für TF nochmal diese Orkas gemacht??

• Yes, some of the vehicles do not look futuristic at all. Alex_BY's train is very good, and so is PaTrond's hydrogen locomotive, but a lot of the others are just not futuristic.
    The Galaxy bus looks good too, and @donoteat 's atomic locomotive is cool even though it probably won't qualify because it's not futuristic.

• some of the vehicles do not look futuristic at all ... are just not futuristic

How will you know? If someone manages to increase the efficiency of steam engines to 65 % for example, they'll be futuristic, because they're suddenly better than all diesel-, otto- or hydrogen-cell engines. Or may gyro-engines recieve a revival. Or there will be a kind of engine that does not exist yet. By the way, all the electric engines for cars or buses are extremely old, they just have a "revival" nowadays: This car is like a Tesla, just with electric motor, built in 1908, this bus from 1912, purely electric. May I should model it, it is swiss :P .

What you declare as futuristic is just your thinking of "design". And in my opinion, no design is futuristic and every design is futuristic. And if the futuristic design will be nice looking or will be practical, only time will show. Surely most of us prefer stunning design, but look at vehicles at the moment. Are all of them stunning or are a lot of them just designed for daily use? Will future change that?

• How will you know? If someone manages to increase the efficiency of steam engines to 65 % for example, they'll be futuristic, because they're suddenly better than all diesel-, otto- or hydrogen-cell engines. Or may gyro-engines recieve a revival. Or there will be a kind of engine that does not exist yet. By the way, all the electric engines for cars or buses are extremely old, they just have a "revival" nowadays: This car is like a Tesla, just with electric motor, built in 1908, this bus from 1912, purely electric. May I should model it, it is swiss :P .

I don't think you completely understand the essence of futurism - which is, rather than to be futuristic in technology or design, the latter of which is not the case with many of these mods, but to portray something that will be deemed as such by contemporaries.
    Your bus, for example, does not look futuristic. It does not look like any vehicle that will ever be made. It may be futuristic in concept, but it looks rather more like Duplo or Playmobil. The "Galaxy" bus, for example, is futuristic. And it's typically futuristic, by today's standards.
    I'd even go as far as to say that your "Giruno" model from your train pack is more futuristic than either of your "futuristic" vehicles. And, by the way, that's a very nice model of a very good-looking train. So I wonder what your thinking was with your "futuristic" vehicles - especially considering you're always one Google Image search away from hundreds of actually futuristic designs.

• I mean, the future isn't real, we're all going to be dead from climate change or global thermonuclear war or the rich/ruling class killing off the surplus population after automation renders most jobs unnecessary in ten years or so. "Realism" shouldn't be a defining factor.

and I maintain that the X-12 is a very futuristic locomotive

• In the end, Urban Games is a good mod. And the public vote by subscribing.
    In the competition rules there was no mention of "original designs".

Some modders are exceptionally capable of making original designs. Others are not.
    Whether someone is allowed to compete or not.

If you do not like a specific mod - do not vote. Easy as that.

Look at what they imagined to look like in the future, back in the 80's.

And look at what we have

It is impossible to predict what the future looks like. And whether someone likes a mod or not is a very individual thing.

Making a great looking and functional design.

My participating mods aren't doing exceptionally well in the public votes, but at least I tried. And I happily cast my vote on a couple of the contestants because I think they are worthy the prize.

What grinds my gears are those who set a negative rating on my mods without telling me why. Out of the first 100 ratings I got, 15-20 of them were negative. It's fine that people don't like what I do, but at least I'd like to know why, so I can learn, evolve, and do better. I wish you were required to write a comment when you rate an item in the workshop, positive or negative.

• Look at what they imagined to look like in the future, back in the 80's.

If that's what the future of the 80s looked like, I wouldn't be so crazy about it. (It didn't - that's 60s futurism. Wrong picture.)
    80s futurism in particular is very fascinating, because some of it looks like today's world A LOT. It's a great source of inspiration to me as a graphic designer, or as someone who likes to dabble in a bit of futurism every now and then. The use of colours and patterns is of course pretty popular in fashion and web design right now, but there's more to it than just that.

Some examples:

And, by the way, @OlaHaldor, your mods are among the best in the competition.

• Awesome, I got the least amount of downloads.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

edit: it's supposed to start at 0:17 but that doesn't work on the forums

• Herzlichen Glückwunsch an alle Sieger :thumbup: . Und danke an jeden der sich die Mühe gemacht etwas für den Wettbewerb zu entwerfen, sind alle meiner Meinung nach richtig gut geworden ;).

Congratulations for everyone who Won and thx for everyone who made a Mod for this Competition, thyre all looking great.

BlueBrixx