Converting my gMax mods for submission

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello Guys!
    I'm new here. Living in upstate New York but lived in Germany and Austria many years.
    I did some modding using gMax when I was still doing Trainz and I was wondering if these can be converted for Transport Fever.
    Thanks.
    Have a great day.
    RadDoc ?(

• Sureley the can be converted.
    But I think for converting you should use blender and the Import/Export Addon from our webdisk.
    @Merk Can you help him with this eventually?

• There is afaik no direct way from Gmax to TPF. You have to import the models to blender, there is a export tool for TPF.

BUT: Be aware using models who are designed for other games in TPF isn't a good idea, in most cases. TPF still has perforanceceproblems and models with many Polygones (Tris) have a big impact to FPS.

So you have to figure out how many Tris your model has and make Lods
    To give a example:
    Locomotive:
    lod 0 not more then 20-30k Tris
    lod 1 <5-7k Tris
    lod 2 <1k Tris

• Thanks for your quick response.
    I used to be quite good at gMax. I guess I'll see if an old dog can still learn new tricks and try Blender.

By the way, where do I:
    turn-on big maps in my settings.lua file.
    I can't find the file.

Thanks again

P.S. I am running the MAC version purchased at the app store, NOT the Steam version.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RadDoc ()

• By the way, where do I:
    turn-on big maps in my settings.lua file.
    I can't find the file.

you must change: experimentalMapSizes = false, to true and the path where you can find this file
    are: **\Steam\userdata\****\446800\local

* = for your disk drive und **** = for your steam usernumber

BlueBrixx