MOD REQUEST - Rail/Street Interchange & Warehouse

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I'd like to see a construction that would allow a kind of one-stop-shop for cargo interchange. Here's a description of how I think it would work in-game:

Interchange appears as a cargo rail station, with one dedicated rail line and one bypass line. Building next to the dedicated line could look like something from the photographs that I'm including, allowing freight cars to be unloaded into the buildling (or drive the track through the building and unload inside). On the other side of the building would be truck docs. These could be located on any side of the warehouse not used by the rail line. The interchange, at it's most basic, would just work as a transfer point from rail to freight that would be more in line with the real-world examples in the photos.

http://coastdaylight.com/readock2.jpg
    http://coastdaylight.com/freight_house_rear.jpg

Edit by Yoshi: Removed embedded images. Please read the forum rules.

The upgrade to this idea is that the interchange itself is a warehouse for a particular type of goods. Being able to set up the warehouse so that it has a specific product demand from the rail-side and another demand from the street-side would be nice. Think of a railyard/stockyard for cattle. The train pulls in, unloads cattle. The cattle are sent through a large building and the output is food, which is available to load to either rail or street cargo directly from that building.

Make sense? I don't know if it's possible to inter-mix these station types, but I think it would be a bit more realistic in a lot of ways.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Yoshi ()

• Is it possible to create an industry construction in such a way to directly incorporate a train or truck cargo station? I've been reading through what documentation I can find and it doesn't address this, although I've seen early videos from the developer that suggested being able to place constructs on the edges of other constructs.

Or if it was done as two components? Say you place an industry with a rail station on one edge, then place a matched construction on the other edge that has the road station, snapping it into place.

This gets way beyond my ability to code, so I'm just curious if it's even feasible. I really want a way to incorporate the shipping/receiving functions of an industry directly into the industry construct itself. Real life does this almost 100% of the time, so I'm hunting for options to simulate that.

• Exactly like this. How was this done?... Nevermind, I see now that it's multiple pieces. It's very nice though. I'm going to have to muck about with trying to attach a rail station to the side of an industry.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von melaasd ()

• Okay. Here's another take on making something like this... I'm not certain how to mash all the parts together and how to tweak the things that I do understand, so this is still a request...

So, I see this now as separate entities, all pushed up against each other and hidden by a fifth entity.

• Road Station

• A modification of a standard road station would need to be made in such a way that is very small. No special visual aspects would need to be involved, just a piece of roadway that functions as a cargo station.
      • The typical options of "Number of Terminals" would be useful
    • Rail Station

• Much like the Road Station, a modded rail cargo station would be needed that would just be standard looking track (no platforms or anything).
      • Only option needed would be the length of the station segment.
    • Warehouse

• The Stone Dump construction that is in the game's EU campaign could be modified. Once again, no visuals needed, just a placeholder that can be easily hidden.
      • Options needed would be to select what type of material or goods you want to store here
    • Industry (Option)

• An industry construction could be "snapped" to the edge of this construction.
      • Options would be to pick what industry to place there.
      • Industry itself would not be modified from the standard types

So, now all the parts are ready to go, the trick will be to hide the stations and warehouse all within a single model. I really like the look of the Lagerhalle der DB Schenker although there may be others other there and we'd need to check with the creators of these components to see if it's okay to use. The Lagerhalle model also is set up for no collisions and allows a track section to snap in place under the loading shed roof (which would be the modified rail station I mention above. On the other side, place a road right into the structure (vehicles will clip through) and place the Road Station and Warehouse inside.

I was able to mash together the Lagerhalle model, a road station and a rail station without any modding, it works (without the warehousing function or the industry) but it is clunky to use. Here's what it looks like after a couple minutes of screwing around with it.

Does all this make sense? The end result would be a streamlined setup for cargo/rail/warehousing transfer and wouldn't break any of the individual aspects of the game, or at least I don't think it would.

Thoughts? Anybody want to take this on?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von melaasd ()

BlueBrixx