Experimental Map Size

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello all,

I have a problem. I have the gog version of the game and I am changing the experimental map size to true from false however when I try to load a map that is larger than the normal I do get a mapheight error message and that pixels can't be higher than 16MB. I seached all over the place and no solution. This is with downloaded maps. Any help or solution to my problem?

• I am using maps downloaded from the community here so I guess the map sizes don't apply or can help resolve my issue. Anyways thank you for the answer :)

• Hi Gents,

I`m facing the very same problem. I wanted to load the map "Whiplash", which is, at the moment impossible for me. I have the same error message.
    Also I´m not able to see the different map sizes in the UI of the game like "Größenwahnsinnig" for instance.
    I changed the experimental map size to "true" already.

Any ideas anybody?

Problem solved here.
    This is what I`ve done:
    I changed in the setting lua theexperimental map size "true". ( Wasn´t safed at the first time ) Than I saved these changes. Restarted computer then. That`s it.

Kind regards

Krabs

• Hi Gents,

[...]Problem solved here.
    This is what I`ve done:
    I changed in the setting lua theexperimental map size "true". ( Wasn´t safed at the first time ) Than I saved these changes. Restarted computer then. That`s it.
    [...]

Yes that's it.
    You have to enable experimental map sizes in settings lua file. (from "false" set to "true")
    this option is IIRC almost at the bottom.

Please notice:
    - I just had to restart the game, not the computer, after saving the changes.

- There is no need to change it back to "false" as this doesen't influece any other parameters and you still can play small / medium / large 1:1 / 1:2 / 1:3 maps.
    You just have also the possibility to bigger maps (and also tiny size?) with 1:4 and 1:5 format.

as you mentioned, to play "whiplash" (user made map) you have to enable this option. Otherwise the game will tell you it is not allowed to load such a big map.

• you dont have to restart the computer.
    I had the same problem and it seems that if you have the game running in the main menu, while changing the settings, it wont look at the newly saved file, but instead still has loaded the old version. And it kinda overwrote it back to false. If i remember correctly.

When i edited and saved the settings file when the game was closed, it didnt change the file automaticly. Since then it works

BlueBrixx