Where do I find and specify the texture file path for a model?

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I am trying to fix the issue that the Green Cargo Rc4 from Train Fever made by AntonTorstensson is not showing up in TpF despite the conversion mod.
    Using the SJ Rc files as template I have now managed to fix everything but the texture file since I can´t find where the model is calling it.
    I have the texture file installed, but the model file I have "converted" from the SJ Rc doesn't apply any texture meaning that the model comes out purple.
    I tried reading the model file of the SJ Rc and some other locomotive model files from TpF locomotives, but it seems that the path for the texture file is not specified in the model file which makes me wonder how the game knows which texture file to use for each vehicle in the game and how to specify that for the model.

Although I write in english, You can answer in german if You lilke since I can read but prefer not to write in German due to poor spelling- and grammarskills... :)

• Normally you have a (mod)folderstructure like this:

res
    -->model
    -->textures\models\vehicle\train

All the textures are in the textures folder and the game is looking for that path, which is specified in the mtl (material). At first the game "looks" in that texturefolder (the one which is in the modfolder) and if there is no file with proper path/name, it try to load from the generally (vanillagame) textures folder. If there is no file there too... the loco will be purple.

• Thank You for Your help!

I have found out that the texture file I wanted to use actually seems to be the preview (miniature) for TF, so it might explain why it doesn´t work as expected.
    However I opened the other texture files in Irfanview and found out that the same texture file seems to include several versions/textures for the same locomotive so how does the game know which texture parts to use?
    I can't find any "nrml" version of the corresponding texture files however, what is that used for as I have seen it used in other mtrl files?

The more I look in the file, the more convinced I get that the file is not properly written from the beginning which doesn't make it easier for me, but certainly a lesson worth learning if I can get the model and texture to cooperate... ;)

What is confusing me is that the files for the locomotive uses the TF filestructure which is not quite the same as TpF, but similar (it has a separate res folder not in the mods folder).
    For instance the path for the texture in the mtrl file is just "models/vehicle/train/sj_rc_03.tga" which is sort of confusing since it doesn't mension textures at all, but looking at other TF models with working textures they have the same path, so I presume that the problem with finding the texture lies somewhere else.
    I have checked and doublechecked that the texture files are actually in the textures folder, but it doesn't seem to find it despite using the same path as working textures in the same folder.

Does anyone have any tips as to what I can do more?

Edit: I managed to get the texture working to some part, but I don´t quite understand what regulates which parts of the texture to use on the model.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Swesim ()

BlueBrixx