Ploppable townbuildings LUA error ?

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Seit kurzem bekomme ich mit der "Ploppable townbuilding"-mod immer
    einen LUA Fehler gemeldet. Woran genau liegt das ? Gibt es da einen
    Konflikt mit einer anderen Mod oder ist die Mod selber fehlerhaft ?
    Kann man das aus der Fehlermeldung heraus lesen ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mein PC: Intel Core i5-4690, 3.50Hz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 390, Windows 10 - 64bit

• Es gibt einen Fehler mit der Variable cargocapacity. Diese ist 0.

Deshalb kommt das Spiel durcheinander. Die no cost mod kommt in solchen Bereichen gerne dazu, da sie solche Daten ändert bzw dadurch selbst einen Fehler bekommt. Also Modersteller hinzuziehen, Fehler fixxen, beide Probleme gelöst

Warum einfach, wenn es auch schwer geht?

• Also hat es gar nichts mit der ploppable townbuilding mod zu tun, sondern mit "no cost" und "capacity" ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mein PC: Intel Core i5-4690, 3.50Hz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 390, Windows 10 - 64bit

• I'd like to reactivate this thread, due to an annoying error with the plopable town buildings mod (which is otherwise fantastic and a must-have).

From what I have read, it occurs for several buildings, though I have only been able to recreate it for one (Screenshot attached).
    When selecting it to build it: CTD. However selecting it with different settings is okay, which I found strange as well.

Anyway, stdout is here:

Would be great if @Agunter999 could take a look at this. As I said, the mod is otherwise wonderful, but currently a bit of a minefield, I have to remember to save often :(

• You try to set different Lot width and depth. The Question is, why do you do that? It doesn't matter. Let it on Normal. The only Problem is with the Groundfill of the Lots. If you choose Concrete on old Houses it crashes as well. I think he made the houses available to select but some options are hardcoded.So you have to live with that and remeber to not do that :).

• You try to set different Lot width and depth. The Question is, why do you do that? It doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter, the option should not be there.

I think he made the houses available to select but some options are hardcoded. So you have to live with that and remeber to not do that

An attempt is made to access a non-existent property - a nil value. A program/script must check such values and react accordingly to avoid crashes...

• Tom. With the it doesn`t matter thing I meant. It's complete useless. You can place the Houses however you wan't. :) I don't know a bit of scripting I only know a bit of Html and Css and can make links in my mind, oh this do that and this do that. So it was just guessing. ;) The Mod form @Agunter999 has also another Problem. If you make an Schönbaumap and delete all Towns. Then you get an CTD by placing Depots from @hugedragonyk on the beginning on the next Month. Wich sets all Cargo and Passenger Vehicles to a NIL Value. I can recreat such a crash if you want an stdout.txt error message. I don't know wich Mod causes this Problem. But you can avoid it by placing just 1 Industrie, 1 Commercial and 1 Residential Building with set to low.

Greetz Hessie.

• This is an error I was not aware of. Tom is right the code should be written in such a way that checks for assets to avoid crashes. I cant see outright why this is which means ill have to research. I have no spare time at the moment - hint why the easy to fix concrete fix hasn't been done yet - so hold on tight

PS Nothing is messing with hardcoded stuff here, the lotdepth and lotwidth are just grandface value alterations. Not hardcoding by any means and the button do pretty much work.

BlueBrixx