Ultimate Station

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Today I have started my ultimate (curved) station project, this station mainly works for curved tracks. The original curved station done by UG is very inspirable but far from perfect, my mod will be a curved station more like a real life one

With experience from flying junction and track design patterns, this will be my most complicated station mod.

So far I have planned these features in this mod, and I have idea how to implement them
    * Independent track radius
    * Y track layout station
    * S track layout station
    * ſ track layout station
    * Variable width platform (narrower at the end, parameteriable)

Some maybes
    * Maybe slope?
    * Maybe half covered option?
    * Maybe wall options like track design patterns?

When this project is done, I will start revision work on underground station and elevated station.

Between times, I am thinking of making a street underpass and overpass mod.

This guy is too lazy to create a signature. 8o

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

• Maybe different platform lengths? I've often seen stations where the platforms in the middle and near to the main station building are longer and used for main traffic, and some of the platforms on the opposite side are shorter and used by local, regional trains. Just an idea if you are thinking about possibilities.

very complicated, since there exists many patterns for the situation of your describe, terminal end or passing through for shorter platforms, and the tracks may converge or parallels...

• has nothing to do with the station design itself (so maybe for other station builders too?), but would it be possible to "build above ground"?
    As in: raise the ground below the construction?
    I often thought about that when i wanted tracks and stations on a damn. I know its possible to just build at street connection (or mouse cursor) level, but something like this would have made my life alot easier.

• has nothing to do with the station design itself (so maybe for other station builders too?), but would it be possible to "build above ground"?
    As in: raise the ground below the construction?
    I often thought about that when i wanted tracks and stations on a damn. I know its possible to just build at street connection (or mouse cursor) level, but something like this would have made my life alot easier.

Any example?

• Will you cover variable platform height ? I probably will need to make a station mod as well because my recent train release requires it. If you cover platform height then I will not make the mod from scratch but to use your library to power the station mod giving you the credit for the library inclusion. I will make station structure instead, the station structures will be of Sydney or Australian country styles.

People of Sydney are all athletes at the moment, they high jump into the train.

What would the platform segment length you presume to be ? 5m ? 10m ? good old 40m ? completely solid ?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dannyt ()

• Yes, good suggestion. I am going to make my own platform model in this mod.

• I am not saying I want to make 3D model for your mod :) I want to add to it or a separate mod using YOUR LIBRARY.

Wonder if there is a platform height option, will it be scaling the z-axis of the platform or stacking multiple mesh on top of each other ?

If its up to me, since I am not so good with mesh manipulation, I will just have mesh of various heights, they don't cost disk space and no need to have calculation for it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dannyt ()

• @dannyt, my "stationbuilder"-Script supports individual platform heights from the beginning.
    It is required for planned, but not yet realized stations like Dresden Main Station with deadend tracks
    at level 0 and raised pass through tracks.

There is a base height and you can specify an individual height for each platform.

Like @Enzojz, i will support "curved" stations with different forms like C, S, L and individual platform length.
    May be, Enzojz and i should "join" our scripts...

• Oh I didn't realize that, excellent !

• I am sorry but my station building script works completely different, so they won't be merge able.

Technical it's kind of lego like building blocks you put onto a raster. (Actually it's an ascii art build plan) The build raster can be manipulated in 3D Space (slope and curve) and the blocks get altered to fit. For V shape Stations I could surely adapt a different kind of transformation Object, but then the result would look really funny because I cannot transform an object into a polygon.

You can create holes into the build plan of my station, or two stations behind each other. Adding several levels would be doable by creating several such plans and stack them together. You could build several plans on the same z-height to get a t-like station too. Technical that is not a problem, however how should we put this all into the UI?

• The latest version 2.5 is used by Bandion's Bahnhof Düsseldorf.

The heigth-property is missing from the documentation of the properties of a track definition in the con-file starting at line 162.
    There should be something like
    -- height numeric, optional defines the height of the track. If not spezified, the value from "config.baseHeight" is used.

and at line 264-265:

-- height of planum
    baseHeight = 0,

• I am not saying I want to make 3D model for your mod :) I want to add to it or a separate mod using YOUR LIBRARY.

Wonder if there is a platform height option, will it be scaling the z-axis of the platform or stacking multiple mesh on top of each other ?

If its up to me, since I am not so good with mesh manipulation, I will just have mesh of various heights, they don't cost disk space and no need to have calculation for it.

In fact, vice-versa, a better simper way is to lower the tracks, but the original models are not high enough to make high platforms.

The original models of the game are too simple for my need in this mod, so I will completed remake the platform models for my need, that's why I say I will make models for platform height.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Enzojz ()

BlueBrixx