Sound Problem (Tonproblem)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I only speak English. So I'll post my question in English then add a translation from the computer below. (Deutsche Übersetzung unten)

I'm having a problem with the sound in the game. The locomotive sounds disappear when there are a lot of other sounds in the immediate area. Both the engine sound and the horn sound disappear.

I like the cockpit view and that is where the problem is most noticeable, but it does occur in any view.

For the most part the problem only happens when the train is traveling through a area that has a lot of sounds. For example if a train is by itself out in the country the sound works fine most of the time. If the train is in a busy train station with lots of people and automobiles around then the train makes little or no noise - the engine and horn are quiet for the most part. Sometimes the engine sound will cut in and out but for the most part there is no sound. Once the train leaves the station and is in an area of little external sound then the engine sound comes back (most of the time).

The problem seems to be lot worse for steam locomotives than it is for other types. At times even the sounds out in the country will even overpower the locomotive sound. For example birds will start chirping then I can't hear the engine.

As a test I tried starting a new map with two cities. The only mods where the no cost mod and the no ending dates mod. I ran 8 steam locomotives in the same area and they all sounded fine. Then I added another dozen or so locomotives including different kinds electric and diesel. The goal was to produce a lot of different sounds. As soon as I did this the steam locomotive sounds all stopped working.

My video card is a Nvidia 980 ti and my sound comes from my logic board. I have a Nvidia logic board also. I have a Intel I7-3930K cpu and 16 GB of ram.

Is this a problem with my computer or is this the way the game is supposed to work?

Translation below -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich spreche nur Englisch. Also werde ich meine Frage auf Englisch posten und dann eine Übersetzung vom Computer unten hinzufügen.

Ich habe ein Problem mit dem Sound im Spiel. Die Lokomotivklänge verschwinden, wenn in der unmittelbaren Umgebung viele andere Geräusche zu hören sind. Sowohl der Motor- als auch der Hornsound verschwinden.

Ich mag die Cockpitansicht und das ist, wo das Problem am auffälligsten ist, aber es tritt in jeder Ansicht auf.

Das Problem tritt größtenteils nur auf, wenn der Zug durch einen Bereich fährt, der viele Geräusche hat. Wenn zum Beispiel ein Zug im Land unterwegs ist, funktioniert der Sound meistens gut. Wenn der Zug in einem belebten Bahnhof mit vielen Leuten und Autos herum ist, macht der Zug wenig oder keinen Lärm - der Motor und das Horn sind größtenteils ruhig. Manchmal klingt der Motorsound ein und aus, aber zum größten Teil gibt es keinen Ton. Sobald der Zug den Bahnhof verlässt und sich in einem Bereich mit geringem Außengeräusch befindet, kommt der Motorgeräuschpegel (meistens) zurück.

Das Problem scheint bei Dampflokomotiven viel schlimmer zu sein als bei anderen Typen. Manchmal sogar die Geräusche auf dem Land werden sogar den Lokomotivklang überwältigen. Zum Beispiel werden Vögel anfangen zu zirpen, dann kann ich den Motor nicht hören.

Als Test habe ich versucht, eine neue Karte mit zwei Städten zu erstellen. Die einzigen Mods, in denen die Modi "no cost" und "no end" mod sind. Ich habe 8 Dampflokomotiven in der gleichen Gegend gefahren und alles klang gut. Dann fügte ich ein weiteres Dutzend Lokomotiven hinzu, darunter verschiedene Elektro- und Dieselmotoren. Das Ziel war es, viele verschiedene Sounds zu produzieren. Sobald ich das tat, hörte die Dampflokomotive auf zu arbeiten.

Meine Grafikkarte ist eine Nvidia 980 ti und mein Sound kommt von meiner Hauptplatine. Ich habe auch eine Nvidia-Hauptplatine. Ich habe eine Intel I7-3930K CPU und 16 GB RAM.

Ist das ein Problem mit meinem Computer oder soll das Spiel so funktionieren?

• I don't think there's a problem with your hardware. I've noticed that if there are a lot of "noise-sources", let's say at a large trainyard with a lot of parked locomitives around- some engine sounds don't work correctly. I managed to "catch" some engine sounds again by zooming far out and in again, but it's very difficult. I don't think there's much that can be done about it, it seems to be a problem with the game itself.

• Thanks for the help! I've been driving myself crazy trying to fix that problem and it looks like I was wasting my time.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'd like to ask one more question related to the sound problem. Is there a way to disable selected environment sounds (and maybe other sounds also) by modding? I'd like to try and disable all of the sounds that are overriding the locomotive and see if that fixes the problem. I know it's kind of drastic but it would probably work out OK for making videos in the cockpit view. I would prefer to totally disable the sounds. But if that's not possible then maybe setting the volume to 0 would work.

• The locomotive soundsets interfere with each other, the problem has been around for some time and unfortunately no solution.I guess it's because the sound cards can not play 20 wavefiles at the same time.

• Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll just have to live with it.

It's a shame because it would be easy to fix the cockpit view problem. Just make the train you are riding in have top priority over everything else.

• It is a very rare problem

Sadly it's not that rare...
    For example when we released the BR423, some people complained about it. There were some other complaints over the last months here and on steam workshop.

• Sadly it's not that rare...
    For example when we released the BR423, some people complained about it. There were some other complaints over the last months here and on steam workshop.

Maybe I should rephrase: It is a common "problem" for a scene to reach the limit of audio sources.

However, it is very rare that sound will cut out completely, as some players described. These are the cases I´m trying to hunt down.

Also, feel free to point me to the complaints, I will be happy to have a closer look at the affected mods.

Spieleentwickler, Geek, Content Creator

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tomdotio ()

• I have the same Problem - at some point, the game isn`t to be able to synchronize all sound sources, especially when mod-sounds are added to countless numbers. I notice this even more because i use multichannel sound via an a-v system. Unfortunately, there is currently no option to increase the sound samples in the config files. Maybe it will be patched or someone will find another solution...

• @General Tso Would you mind sending us (developer team) the save game? It is a very rare problem and examples are very valuable! :)

Please find our email address here: http://www.transportfever.com/about/contact/

And just to double check: You are using the Nvidia card as the sound device?

Sorry for the long time without a response. I never noticed there where more replys until now. All of my current saved games have a large number of mods attached to them so it may not be worth the effort to use them. Let me know if you are still interested.

As far as my problem. The sound doesn't cut out completely. Just the sound of my engine (in cockpit view) cuts out. Other sounds like birds chirping and city sounds are still loud and clear. Sounds from other trains passing by are sometimes there and other times not.

I was playing the sound through my Nvidia logic board when I posted the original message. But I have bought a new computer since then. I'm playing the sound through the logic board on the new computer and the problem still exist. Although it's not quite as bad with the new computer.

Also I agree with Grauer Wolf. His description sounds like the same problem I'm having.

BlueBrixx