How to export saved games. Using Apple MacPro system 10.13.1. NON-Steam computer based

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello everyone.
    I have been trying to find the location of my saved games so that I can transfer them to my laptop.
    I am using Apple MacPro system 10.13.1. I bought the game from the Apple App Store (NON-Steam version).
    Has anyone been able to find out where the Macs hide the saved games?
    I love the game, especially the Innsbruck map. I spent 15 years there and the cab views are quite realistic i.e. nostalgic.
    Thanks.
    Have a great day
    TOM

• HI Andre,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    It didn't help.
    my library doesn't have a folder called Containers (the list goes from Contextual Menu Items to CoreAnalytics with no containers to be found).
    Spotlight search = no results.
    I haven't been able to find the place to change map size either.
    Thanks for your effort.
    TOM

• Hi Raddoc,

There are several ways to show those files.
    As I use those files / folders of Transport Fever on a regular base, I created a shortcut to them using the following way:

Step1: Setup Finder to show your "home" folder (its your user name folder under favorites next to a house / home symbol) - see PIC1.PNG

• Open Finder
    • in the menu bar go to "Finder / settings" or press "CMD" + "," keys to open the settings of the finder app.
    • set the checkbox next to the "house / home" symbol.
    • close the settings window - your home folder with the house symbol should now be visible under favorites in the sidebar

Step2: Setup Finder to show the library folder - see PIC2.PNG

• in Finders sidebar click at your home folder
    • in the menu bar click at "view" / "show options" or press "CMD" + "j" keys to open the view settings
    • set the checkbox to show the Library folder and click at "use as default"
    • close the settings window

Step3: Create Shortcut to your Transport Fever user files - see PIC3.PNG

• in finder click at your home folder
    • navigate through the Library folder down to the "Transport Fever" folder (see list in my first reply)
    • click and hold the "Transport Fever" folder to use Drag & Drop and drop it to your favorites bar in the sidebar

Now, you might reverse the settings made in Step1 and Step2 if you want. If you need to do anything in your Transport fever users library, you can just open finder and click at the "Transport Fever" folder in your sidebar.

There you will find
    - your save games in the "save" folder
    - your stdout.txt in the crash_dump folder (often needed for analysis when TPF crashed)
    - your screenshots & recordings folder containing the recorded files if you were using those features during debug mode of the game
    - your settings.lua containing your user settings of the game including all currently used mod files when starting a new free game
    - the "texture_cache" folder, which contents can be deleted in case you ran into texture problems - note that when deleting the contents, the next time you start a game it needs longer to start in order to create the files again.
    - etc.

Please note that you you should only change something in the files, while the game is NOT running!

Last but not least, if you want to install MOD's, MAP's, modify your game settings by changing the base_config.lua etc., just right click the Transport Fever app in Finder and select "Show package contents" in the context menu.

Hope this helps
    Andre

• I FOUND IT!!!
    Thank-you all so very much.
    You are great!
    Allseits vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe.
    Jetzt kann ich mein lieblings Spiel mitnehmen auf den Laptop wenn ich im Dezember mein Sohn in Wien besuche.
    Have a great day.
    TOM

• To reach the library folder simlpy hold the alt button while you on desktop and scroll n Go To menue....
    When you phsh and release the alt button you'll notice the Library tag in Go To menue will show up and disapear.
    Most files interesting to users are in Application Support inside library folder.

BlueBrixx