New into TPF addons

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello there! For quite some time now I've been following Train Fever and Transport Fever Community as I'm a fan of these kind of "transportish" sims, I have to say that I'm really impressed with TPF and how good looking it is, keep it up DEV Team! :D

Now then back to the main topic of this post, for some years I've been modelling with 3DsMax for sims like MSTS~OR and now TS201X, you see, I model Spanish content but I'm a very big fan of Japanese trains and so I've modelled already a couple of those, it all started back then with the Odakyu Electric Railway from MSTS. Years have passed and both models shown in the picture are quite old but I think that with a little of "make up" or just exporting them as they are, would look more than fine in Transport Fever...

Now the question is... Are there any guides out there for exporting from 3dsMax to TPF? Where can I find them? Do you need to know scripting for exporting trains to the game? I've got a lot of answers along through this exporting process, hope you don't mind the questions... :D

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i.imgur.com/QhiqzRD.jpg]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von W506 ()

• Welcome!

It's always great to see new faces here, especially when they come bearing mods.
    I think getting a finished model in to the game is not that hard, but TS models usually have a much higher polycount and are therfore unsuitable for mass production in Transport Fever. Especially those rounded edges look like they could be a problem.
    As to exporting, I know a few people here use 3DS Max, but the easiest would probably be to import it in Blender and then use @Merks Blender import/export tool. Practically creates the mod itself.
    Of course, you will still have to do some finetuning (including animating the doors), but there are tutorials for that in the Lexicon area of this site.

And, as always, feel free to ask, should you get stuck! :)

Lg, YstlDystl

• HelloYstlDystl and thanks for your reply!

I agree,TS models have quite a huge amount of polygons, so here is the next question... What do you guys recommend? What amount of polygons would be the best for TPF? The Odakyu 5000 Series has almost 27k, is that a lot? Making a new model and detailing it less should work also, but it would be great to know like, the "limit" of polygons for TPF.

About blender, I downloaded the program long time ago, even before I laid my hands on 3dsMax and I found it quite interesting but I decided to stick with Autodesk, so... Just export from max to blender and then, from there to TPF? But what about the textures? Would Blender maintain the mapping? from 3dsMax? Is it that simple?

Still there are just a few people I would be quite interested in knowing if there is an exporter for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the help! || Danke schön fur ihre Hilfe! :D

• Hello, I've been very disconnected from this world for almost a year, I still need help in finding documentation, in English would be great, or links to where I can download the tools (if there are any) to export content to Transport Fever, or a very rough guide with all the steps in pictures... Could anyone lend me a hand? All what I've found, is in German! Is there anything official out there?

Also, what language do you work with? LUA? C++? C#? I'm also staying at the moment with 3dsMax... Is there a guide on how to export from there?

Thanks!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von W506 ()

• Hello,

I work with Blender so i don't have a step by step guide for 3dsMax, but i think you can give a look at @Enzojz Model Converter available here to convert your model to the TpF format. The scripting is done in LUA.

Regarding your old post about polygons, i don't think 27k tris on a MU is a lot, as long as you have proper LOD.

• I'm also staying at the moment with 3dsMax... Is there a guide on how to export from there?

Export in ASE format, with following parameters, with all faces smooth grouped, and use my converter (the console version is easier)

my converter export with local coordinate (Pivot as origin), it's easier to handle with

• Hey, always great to see new modders join the ranks!
    If you haven't found it already, I made a tutorial stream a while back that could help with a question or two:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Lg, YstlDystl

BlueBrixx