Requested: No Modern Buildings Mod!

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Would love to see a mod that simply banned modern ("mid" and "late") buildings from the game.

Got into TF a few weeks ago and I'm still playing through my first game. Been great so far. Upon reaching the year 1900 though I discovered that the lovely 19th century buildings in the towns were rapidly being replaced by modernist architecture! Shock, horror and dismay! If there is one thing I cannot stand it's modernism! (Not to mention it's being introduced some 30 years too early in comparison to the historical record.)

Now, I wonder if there is a mod that steers clear of such horrendous architectural aesthetics or if anyone might be planning on making such a mod?

Failing that, I would have learn modding myself cause I just don't want to give up on this wonderful game.

Kind regards,
    Gunbrum

• It´s just the same with me. After the year 2000 there are only hyper-modern buildings and there´s no possibility to stay in the here and now. But there´s at least this mod. The first era buildings are though replaced by more modern ones, but at least the 2nd era building stay forever and that produces a more realistic cityscape...
    http://steamcommunity.com/shar…filedetails/?id=802421382

And if you activate this mod, there will be all town buildings available, so all eras are mixed. So the first era buildings stay in later times, but in my opinion, this doesn´t look great direcly next to very modern architecture.
    http://steamcommunity.com/shar…filedetails/?id=799823150

These are at least some approaches, you could use, but I would support it, when somebody will make a mod like you wish.

• Sorry for not replying, been damn busy, but it's great to see there are others who think this way.

Thanks for the mod sugggestions! Unfortunately, like you state, they do not go all the way, but it's better than nothing I assume. They also seem to suggest that a more radical solution to keep the older, better looking buildings could be sought.

It's also weird the rate at which buildings are replaced. At any given time, there seem to be hardly any buildings more than 10 years old! I wonder what mechanics govern building replacement. If I made a game, as one of the conditions, I think I would not have a building torn down and replaced if the new building wasn't bigger and offered more jobs/residents.

Also been thinking about an alternative approach to an architecture 'era freeze' mod. What if you could mod, i.e design and introduce new buildings into the game? Much like people are modding locomotive and rolling stock? Then perhaps you could make an entire set of buildings to replace those currently in use for a entire era. In regards to the "Mid" era for example, beginning in 1900, one could replace all the current modernist, out of place looking buildings with glorious Jugend/Art Noveau (Turn of the century) buildings intermingled with new Revivalis styles/Beaux Art ones (19th century). In addition, the "Late" period could be scrapped altogether and industrial buildings remain at the "Early" period level throughout.

What do you think?

P.S: What really baffles me is how today's game designers appear not to understand their own customer base. People who are into transport simulation and construction management/builder games tend to fall into two categories: 1) Those who are mainly into getting new, better and faster stuff, and who are perfectly happy with modern design, and 2) Those who just love the aesthetics of for instance a beautiful steam locomotive and are similarly disposed towards older, premodernist architecture and surroundings. Thing is the earlier group, we could call them the "engineers", don't really care all that much what the towns look like as long as they are well made, so there is actually no reason not to indulge the latter group's sensibilities (which we could call the "premodernists") in providing a beautiful premodernist setting to the game or at least the choice of retaining it! "Tropico 4 - Modern Times" made the exact same mistake in that instead of leaving a free choice it forced the player to build hideous modernist/neo-modernist housing after a certain date. This was the main reason me and a lot of other people never bought that particular expansion.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gunbrum () aus folgendem Grund: Clarity.

• I already tried to achieve this, but in all cases the game crashed at some point. In case you are affine to programming, look into the townbuildingutil.lua in the res/script folder. In fact, playing with the eras worked for me, but caused exceptions for other users. I was using this in my campaign 'lauscha', but users had problems, so i removed this modification.

Have a try, test it long!

• Shouldn't it be somewhere in the townbuildingutil.lua?

Could someone explain this for example?

Code: townbuildingutil.lua
    function townbuildingutil.make_building(constructionModelId, buildingModelId, buildingFace, transf, landUseType,
    		era, size, parcelSize, assets)
    	local availability = {
    		yearFrom = era == "A" and 0 or (era == "B" and 1900 or 1975),
    		yearTo = era == "A" and 1900 or (era == "B" and 1975 or 0)
    	}

If one changes these years, like 1900 to 1950, that should change the dates when the new era begins?

• I´ve tried that also. The era b start date seams to be hard coded, because the game crashes when big era b blocks will grow from 1900 on. same with the AI cars at 1900. But the era c start may bei later (1995 f.ex.) and all will be ok. may be that you can tipe 2100 to era c buildings and they will only start in 2100 AD.

mein System: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit auf Intel Core i7 mit 4x 3,60 GHz-CPU, 16 GB Arbeitsspeicher, 500 GB SSD, 1000 GB Festplatte, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (GDDR5), 1000 MBit LAN, SyncMaster S24B350 24" und USB 3.0

BlueBrixx