(Old) Italian Project Hub - moved to Transport Fever 2 side of the website

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I didn't send any emails so far. The guy on Steam Workshop told me that the author of ildeposito is "Lorenzo", but there is no Lorenzo. If you'd like to convert a locomotive I think you have to look up the name of the author (for example E424: Renzo Grassi) and ask himself. I don't know if there is a way to convert MSTS-files into a file that Blender or a texturing program can read. :/ So maybe also ask for the source files.

Wenn euch meine Mods gefallen und ihr meine Arbeit unterstützen wollt, würde ich mich über eine kleine Spende sehr freuen. ;)

https://paypal.me/doschi01

• Hello guys, my italian line is working so fine :)
    This is my video of a virtual trip from Naples to Turin on High speed line with Frecciarossa (look at Italo and regional trains too):

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This one is my new video, published few minutes ago, with the new Adriatica Line and a Frecciarossa on it:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

That's not all! The ETR400 Frecciarossa 1000 made by a popular modder on the Workshop (I can't tell you more) is almost ready, I think it could be released in two weeks or a little more. My ETR700 is under surgical operation, it's so difficult to work on it because the shape of the 3D model was wrong and the original modder is working to make it better and try again with the repaint... *crossed fingers*

Have fun with TF2, lots of italian things will come soon :)

• Good news, crew!

I have talked to Renzo and he is happy to give us any model of his collection we want! I am now trying to convert the E424 as a test, then we will decide what we should convert. It will be a long journey, but way shorter than starting from scratch. Another bonus is that he is giving the raw models and textures, so we do not need to convert the files from the funky MSTS file format (for instance I have no idea how to open .s files).

I'm so excited I haven't even opened the files, I hope they are already animated.

See you later!

> changed title thread to: Italian Project Hub: WIP E424 (from MSTS)

Don't worry for the Ale 660, it will be back when I'll have more experience with texturing and stuff.

Also: this

Wow, this is all coming together pretty nicely! Actually faster than I thought.

For custom sounds, I could try to record some since I usually take that very same train every week. Tell me how you want them and I'll try to record.

Also, since I can't figure out my mod's problem, I'll overhaul it myself. Is there an exporter for Blender like we used to have for TPF1 or it's fine to use the old one?

This is really killing my workflow and delaying my release for the Buffers mod for TPF2.

• InfinityRibbon

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Italian Project Hub: WIP ALe 660 & Le 800“ zu „Italian Project Hub: WIP E424 (from MSTS)“ geändert.
  • These are great news! So I hope that I will also get permission for this; but I will contact him in summer as I don't have that much time before.

1. I will create a sound set that suits for E 424, 626 and 636 if that's fine. Should be finished in a few days, no big deal.;)

2. I will change plan: E 464 + MDVC/MDVE + Vivalto will be released in about August, then I will start converting other models.

3. I think it would be best to bundle some models, for example E 636, E 645 and E 646 or all express train coaches built in the 20s and 30s? :/

Wenn euch meine Mods gefallen und ihr meine Arbeit unterstützen wollt, würde ich mich über eine kleine Spende sehr freuen. ;)

• This is great! One problem though. I have his models for the E424, but it's in a format that nothing can open it. I'll share it here (also because I have carte blanche over it) so that someone can understand why I can't open it. I've just downloaded official copies of AutoCAD and 3DS Max and they give me all sorts of errors. Come on! My PC is brand new!

Anyway, Renzo shared some useful programs to convert .s files directly from MSTS to Blender. It's a ridiculous 3-step process that I'll share when I'll have mastered it.

The attachment has the infamous file. Please look for a way to crack open the damn thing. There were also the textures, but the .rar file would be too big for the post.

See you soon!

• Hello there. So I've finally found a way to have the models working. I've lost my mind a quite bit, spending a good part of an evening to find out what the problem was.

Here is a tutorial on "How to convert .s files to 3ds -> Blender" (also for personal use)

-1 : Ask the permission to the modder.

0 : Be sure to have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed

the next programs are fairly old and those are written in that language. You need this otherwise they will not work (guess where I've lost my mind!).

1: Download these 2 programs: "Trainsim Zipper" and "Shapeconverter"

these are somewhat difficult to find, but they are free to download

2 : Download the mod you have the permission to download.

3: Open the Zipper and set the upper box to "UNICODE", then drag&drop the mod's folder wherever you feel like inside the the Zipper's window. The ".s" files are now uncompressed (to re-compress, put the files again in the window as before).

4 : Now switch to Shapeconverter. Using it's tool select the (uncompressed) ".s" file wanted. It will be converted into a ".3ds" file.

5 : Autodesk ".3ds" files are importable into Blender by default, using the "import" functionality.

And work starts form here! This model is a work of art for me and represents my target as a modder.

Now I'll see how to attach the textures (already available) to this beast.

See you later!

• I recommend you not to use the textures from MSTS, this is for the very simple reason that MSTS models mostly use 20-30 textures and that each individual part has its own texture. This doesn't make any sense for TPF, apart from that you have to create mga and cdr (possibly nrml) for each texture. There is definitely no mga + cdr for MSTS.

If I look at the model like this, it still takes a lot of work, that is at best TrainFever standard, no wonder the MSTS models are all> 10 years old. but you can use it as a base to build a own model. The bogies and underframe for this loco is also non existent in MSTS (i had a look at the model with Shapeview) so you have to build new one.

• I think you have loaded a LOD and not the original model, as this is much less detailed as here: http://www.ildeposito.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68

The most detailed model is usually called "LOD 0" and LOD 1 and 2 are meant to be shown from a distance to save memory.

• Unfortunately this is just textures, for real its the same lod (the mod has only one lod) and mod.

Take a close look at the pictures in the forum you can see that the holes are not cutout and the Bogies are only one plane with textures except the springs and sand canister

• Yes that's true but what you can see is that the brake hoses should look round instead of an almost straight strip, and the buffers should have 12 corners instead of 8 and have some "supprting stripes" where they are mounted to the body. The grab rails for the shunter at the front also have more corners than on the model you showed. Could it be that you have an older version (the old ones are still available)? There are indeed some differences.

• Hello. I first asked, few weeks ago, about someone making italian models for the game. Since I had a lot of time about it to think, I've started modelling myself :D And it looks like something is going on.

I am part of the DMA mods forum. It is possible to download mods but I don't think there will be ever the possibility to publish something on steam workshop.

I am actually working on Carrozza Vicinale piano ribassato

We have the E636 mod.

An E424 mod is also ready if we must be honest (I don't know why Danny didn't published it).

I've modified the E636 mesh, myself, to get an E646 with french cabs style.

I hope something will get out soon, just keep an eye there whoever is interested!

BlueBrixx