TPF2 Maxing RAM and repeatedly crashing

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Firstly, I can't find an english section, im sorry if this is the wrong place.

since launch TPF2 will max out my 16GB RAM by itself, and repeatedly crash after apparently requiring more and finding none. A friend with a lower specced overall system, TPF2 uses only 6-7gb of his 16GB RAM, whereas for me its using 14-15GB. having anything open other than steam and TPF2 crashes both TPF2 and whatever other program was open. this usage is on any map, even a brand new, tiny map with the minimum number of cities and industries selected.

The game will crash without warning (and without any crash reports) regularly and at random, every 5-10 minutes. Or less. though sometimes it'll just run for an hour or more with no crashes.

I've gotten so sick of it I just stopped playing it and went back to tpf1. (which doesn't even max out my RAM on my largest and most densely populated map which is nearly in the year 3000 by now for scale of how much I've played it)

I've tried reinstalling, didn't work. game is vanilla with no mods. my PC uses under 2GB RAM when idle with nothing open.

I need some help please! I can't find anywhere to direct contact Urban games support for this.

Specs:
    i7 7700k @4.50GHz
    16GB 2400MHz DDR4
    GTX1070

• I dont have a file called Stdout.txt, or a folder called crash_dump.

just to make sure I just opened TPF2 with the intent to crash it and see if it generated a folder. amusingly it crashed before I even finished loading the map this time. It didn't generate any folders though. Neither is it in documents or the appdata folder.

• It's in the steam user data folder. I don't like the way how Steam hide essential data in hidden folders. If there is really no folder created than the programm didn't start. Than only starting from a commend terminal can show some diagnostic data. E.g., on Linux systems there are some issues with non available shared libraries, which has to be installed for a successful start.

• ah I've found it. jeez thats not where I was expecting it.

here we go:

i cant open the .DMP file with that id. Should mention im on windows 10, latest version etc

• Clearing the texture cache helped me in a similar situation. So, go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your Id>\1066780\local\texture_cache

end delete the complete contents. TPF2 seems to be somehow sensitive here.

• it... sort of worked, but not by much.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i.imgur.com/DaJ9SWv.jpg]
    (granted I do have chrome open, which is using 611MB, steam using 278, and discord using 207

after taking that screenshot actually played the map a bit more before it crashed again:

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Zekken ()

• update to this:

Steam forums, Reddit, and here No one is able to figure out what the problem is. as a last ditch attempt, over a week ago I sent an email to the address listed in steam as technical support for the game detailing the issue, ([email protected])I did not get a reply.

I moved a game off my OS SSD, and set my page files from 10GB to 30GB. THIRTY GIGABYTES OF PAGE FILES.

I then was able to play TPF2, with no mods, with nothing except it and steam open, without the game crashing, for ~3-4 hours. I haven't tried it with anything else open yet.

Even though its at least playable now, Its still rediculous that it somehow requires a full 16GB of RAM and up to 30gb of page files to actually run properly. This has to be some sort of bug within the game as again, my friends system which also has 16gb RAM runs absolutely fine without these drastic measures. so I dont know

• My game uses 24 GB RAM permanently to run well, I didnt have any crashes at all. But I think the minimum memory configuration is somewhat around 32 GB. On a 16 GB PC there may be a lot of traffic with the page file.

BlueBrixx