Transport Fever 2 / MÁV / Hungarian locomotives

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• We are working on the production of 3 cement wagons (UCS, UACS). We also make factories for the production of cement. The new product will be available for transport by rail or road.

The model of the M 62 diesel-electric locomotive has been entirely renewed. This final version contains the new loco. During development, the entire 3D model has been revised and refurbished. An engine room has been added, the driver's cabin has been modernized and the bogeys have been made to be more detailed. Appropriate glass effects have been added to the model as well. It's important to note that now there are 8 high-quality, detailed paint jobs available. The package contains 7 paint jobs from MÁV Hungarian Railways and 1 from GYSEV - Győr-Sopron-Ebenfurt Railway (Raaberbahn).

• Sorry aber dafür gibt es mit Sicherheit kein like. Da wir schon mehrmals darauf hingewiesen haben rede ich jetzt mal Klartext: Diese Mods sind einfach nur furchtbar. Die Loks haben 638.000 - 654.000Tris das ist 16x mehr als sie haben sollten. Alleine von den Tris die nur die Griffstangen haben, kann man eine ganze Lok bauen. Lod's sind natürlich keine vorhanden, wer sich diese Mods also installiert und nachher Performanceeinbrüche hat, muss sich nicht wundern.

Sorry but for sure there is no like for this. Since we have already pointed this out several times, I'll now speak plainly: These mods are just terrible. The locomotive has 638.000 -654.000 Tris that is 16 times more than it should have if you built it well. Lod's are of course not available who installed these mods and then has performance drops, should not be surprised.

• Our models are of very good quality. Who doesn't like it, don't use it ... We won't let go of the quality! Buy a high-end computer and enjoy the models! I have 60 FPS all the time.

System Specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz

ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming

Samsung 500GB SSD 860 EVO

Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR-4 16GB / 3000 KIT /

Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Phoenix 11GB GDDR5X

A

• sziasztok

Szép dolgokat csináltok. Szerintem sokan örülnének ha meghallanátok a játékosok kívánságait. Nem elég ha egy mod szép és részletes ha nem élvezhető és nem használható. Kérlek fontoljátok meg, kevésbé gépigényes változatok publikálását!

Hi

What I think is you guys are making very nice mods. We are all grateful for those, specially who loves using Hungarian locomotives etc. However I also think most of the players would be happy if you would listen to what they ask instead of being stubborn and make a version of these mods more game friendly available. There's no need 4k textures and 100k tris models you cannot use on a larger map. Even if you have a "high end computer" as you mentioned. Please consider to publish mods most of us can enjoy otherwise it's just heartbreaking and useless. Please listen to great modders like MaikC

• I second that. On Steam 2 days ago a chinese modder uploaded a locomotive with 546K tris and no LOD - and you need to couple 2 of those - and also received comments about that fact. He updated the model and the download went down from 1.1 GB to 670 MB. Still a heavy download for just one locomotive. When do you see all those details? In camera tool mode when 30 cm away from it?

Are those even visible details or a lack of mesh optimization?

In normal play mode you cannot come nearer than 15m or so. How far away is the camera when you zoom in fully?

And then many of those "details" are just invisible, because they got parts behind parts.

Plus, the lack of LOD on many models out there.

When creating a high detail model then please add at least 3 additional LOD to it.

When I zoom out and hover 250m above I don't need 100K tris. Even 10K tris I don't need. Do I need 1000 tris? Hmm. How many pixels is the model then btw?

• Just a little example... this is the last lod for my maxima. It has just 434 Tris and this is from 500m model distance (ingame i have set it to 750)

A little bit closer, i will remove the axles for the release version its not visible. Then it has just 290 Tris

• I just did a hardcore test, I searched my mod folders for all subfolders "mesh" that contain more than 20 MB, I found not that much but some modders tend to be into that category.

The only mod from MaikC that was found with that filter is "Baureihe 01.5 DR" and I have a total of 67 mods of MaikC installed.

I loosened the criteria and changed it to find only those mesh folders with more than 40 MB in it and found mostly the same results - no MaikC though.

60 MB? Soviet locomotives from TGR Studio, cars from dview, Interfrigo waggons from jay_, IC-Wagen from Maverick2002, the Twindexx Vario Br 445 from Micha77, still a handful of vehicles from Modwerkstatt and one EMU from RaptorArk, the FS Ale 540.

The result is, that either modders are capable of optimizing models and their meshes folders are (way) under 20 MB or they are completely off and go (way) over 40 MB.

• I dont know if "mesh folder" size influences performance that much. Better way is looking at the tris count of model, Lods and texture size.

As I can only speak for my mod you mentioned, it has arround 18 subfolder for 18 different models because the amount of vehicles inside is big, its not one model only.

• The result is, that either modders are capable of optimizing models and their meshes folders are (way) under 20 MB or they are completely off and go (way) over 40 MB.

I think your assessment is wrong.

You can not just look at the size of the mesh folder and make a judgement on the performance of an individual model. When a mod has multiple lods there will be more meshes and the folder will be larger, but the performance of the mod is generally better. Also take into account that one model often does not use all meshes; When a mod has 25 vehicle models with variations that is a significant difference when compared to a mod with just one model. And there is more that impacts performance, such as animations, sounds, included vanilla items such as cargo and characters, and of course the size of the used materials.

Now I admit my method is rather unconventional as it does increase mesh size, or rather the number of mesh files, however that is more than compensated by the way I apply materials. I use very few bump maps (which are the larger files and impact performance most) and have many materials and even meshes that are shared across my mods. The game will then only load one, even though they may be included in all the mod folders.

To make a proper judgement on performance you should really look in game at the performance.

Reply in German if you want, but allow me to stick to English.

• my mod folders for all subfolders "mesh" that contain more than 20 MB,

Your scanner is ab bit faulty ;-) the whole meshfolder for the 01.5 is 11,3Mb for all Lod's

But as Yoshi mentioned. Up to 200k Tris it's not a problem. But for performance it is very important the you have lod's at least down to 2000-1000 Tris from let's say 500m

• the whole meshfolder for the 01.5 is 11,3Mb

I guess this is the reason:

Code
    maikc_br015_lod_0\
    maikc_br015_lod_0 - Kopie\
    maikc_br015_lod_1\
    maikc_br015_lod_2\
    maikc_br015_lod_3\

I do not create "Copy"-folders as I do not use the Windows Explorer by pushing the mouse but Total Commander and the keyboard for file operations.

It is already inside the maikc_baureihe_015_2.0.7z ;)

• Hello.

It's not a matter of how big is the mesh folder... It is a matter of Polygons count.

Having a freight car with more or less 300 to 400K polygons will kill every computer performances, unless you have a quantum calculator (those big buildings with computers being calculating the history of the universe).

Imagine building a train with just 10 wagons like that. It leads to 3 millions of polygons (and it is just one train, without considering the landscape, the city if there is one in the surrounding or other trains/vehicles in the scene).
    Last time I opened a model with 2 millions of polygons on my Blender I nearly got a system crash... it was unable to manage it.

Your models are really good in my opinion but you have to work more on performances saving, because the game is all about that.

Another important part of the thing is using the right textures dimension of the model... 4k textures are not always the solution, because the computer will work a lot loading them (they are high quality images, imagine opening many of them at once).

Last important thing is "level of details" being used as they should. I was sceptic too when I started modelling, because "hey my models are just 20k tris... why should I make lods?" ... Yeah, they were 20k tris crap pieces of cubes. Once you start improving a bit, LODs are a must.

Here I leave what i usually do with lods:

Lod0 = from 0 to 60-90 meters

Lod1 = from 90 meters to 450 meters

Lod2 = from 450 to 1200 meters

I ain't doing it the best way but this is better than nothing. Best dude making lods is Markus from Oebb Empire.

Have fun mate :thumbup:

BlueBrixx