Trolleybuses in Transport Fever 2 (discontinued)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Welcome to the trolleybus (repaint) thread,

Today (27-08-2020) I finished the repaints for the Solaris Trollino (third generation) trolleybus.

You can find these packs on steam.

For the 12m Solaris trollino.

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2211227605

This pack contains the following trolleybuses:

Arnhem, Budapest, Kaunas, Ciombra, Jihlava, Lublin, Ostrava 2x, Tychy, Sofia, Usti nad Labem, Plzen, Cagliari, Tallinn, Napoli and La Spezia

For the 15m Solaris trollino.

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2211269756

Teplice, Pardubice and Vilnius

For the 18m Solaris trollino.

https://steamcommunity.com/sha…iledetails/?id=2211267847

Arnhem 2x, Budapest, Solingen, Eberswalde, Salzburg, Roma, Esslingen, Sofia, Usti nad Labem, Winterthur, Chomutov, Plzen, Amsterdam, Bologna, Ancona and Modena

(only a few samples are shown because of the upload limit)

*****************************************************************************************************************
    Wishlist:

1. Hess trolleybus (planned by Seamon)
    2. New Flyer trolleybus (planned by Maik)
    3. MAZ 103T (planned by <DMG>SoLaRiS)
    4. BUT 9721T
    5. DAF Den Oudsten MB200
    6. Berkhof Premier AT18
    7. DAF Den Oudsten B79T
    8. Den Oudsten B88
    9. Leyland Verheul VBW T10
    10. Van Hool AG 300T
    11. NAW trolleybus
    12. Fiat viberti 548
    13. Yutong trolleybus
    14. Skoda 14tr
    15. Van Hool AG 280T
    16. FBW/Schindler/MFO-BBC

Sorted by planned and than by most favorite ones (mostly from my home city)

*****************************************************************************************************************

Available Trolleybus mods:

1. Ikarus 260T (Steam Workshop)
    2. Ikarus 280T (Steam Workshop)
    3. Solaris Trollino (Original file ((Steam Workshop))
    4. Solaris Trollino repaint packs (Steam Workshop)
    5. Solaris Trollino IV (Steam Workshop)
    6. Trolleystreets (Under Construction):

https://www.transportfever.net/filebase/index.php?entry/5583-kanal-kanal-mit-seitlicher-einbahnstra%C3%9Fe/

• So I encountered two problem:

1. The doors are in a file for multiple trolleys. So if i change one, I change them all.
    Is it possible to have a seperate file for the trolleybuses? and please explain how.

nevermind I decided to make all doors black, so i don't have the problem. Also it's closer to a real trolleybus.

2. I can't seem to find the dds file for the inside of top (this is white in the picture below).

nevermind I found the file.

3. Lights are not working anymore, don't understand because I only colored the dds file? (big issue for me)

4. I want (to make) the edges on topsides also going to the front. Tried it with Blender and Merk's plug in, but Blender is saying it is missing or has a wrong field in the .msh files?

5. I also would like the lose the top edges, same problem with blender.

Hope somebody can help me with this.

The trolleybus in the current situation.

I added the dog, busnumber, colored the roof and colored more of both sides (didn't like the black).

• Hello again,

So I colored the mini-models in the ui file to have the trolleybuses match in the tramdepot when you buy a vehicle.

I also tried on my own to solve the light problem and I still don't know what is exactly wrong with it.

However when I tried to copy the new file into the original mod, the lights start working, how can this be?

(be aware the doors are not in the right color in the first picture)

Also I renamed all the files and al the codes in the .mtl files.

Now I can have both mods active without any problems ;-)

I'm still hoping someone can help me with the following problems:

1. Lights are not working anymore, don't understand because I only colored the dds file? (big issue for me)

2. I want (to make) the edges on topsides also going to the front. Tried it with Blender and Merk's plug in, but Blender is saying it is missing or has a wrong field in the .msh files?

3. I also would like the lose the top edges, same problem with blender.

4. At a later time I would like to have the possibility to have a group in the buying menu, how can i make this happen?

Thanks!

• Maybe you should contact the original author, he knows the best how his mod is structured .

1. Why don't you just use the original lights? You can refer to them in your .mdl. Be aware that they usually need a different .mtl

2. Merks plugin is made for tpf1 meshes, newer meshes may be not usable.

4. There is a lecicon entry about that and nearly the same entry in the official wiki, too:

https://transportfever2.com/wi…cedtopics#buy_menu_groups

• Hello,

I'm using the original file, but I think I know now what the cause is of the problem,
    The original has a loose addon package, if I remove this the light stops working in the original mod.

I now have to figure out how to add this to my model...

New problem is that the door sound is not working, think i need to compare the files with the original bus (trolleybus is also not working in the original).

Yes, yes:), got the sound of the doors working!! thanks for the link Bauer33333!
    In addition i didn't like the sound when the trolleybus ws driving, so I also added a real trolleybus soundset.

This models is not original for TPF2 maybe for TPF1 or even TF, so I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Thanks, this is very helpfull, didn't know that this site existed.

• Hello all,

The problems I currently discovered/facing are:

1. Lights won't work (front and back) this is also the case in the orginal mod if the addon mod is not installed.
    I managed to get the light to work, however my mod on its own only has white light front and back, with the normal mod no light and with the addon from the original mod it's work fine.
    However I don't want to have a dependency from another mod.

Fixed it, needed to rewrite to whole code, but now it works without any dependencies:-)

2. front wheels won't turn.

And slighter problems:

3. The trolleybuses don't make the turn very realistich in the original mod, the dieselbuses do, how can I make this happen for the trolleybuses to?
    I can't just copy paste the code because of the difference between road and rail vehicle

4. I want (to make) the edges on topsides also going to the front. Tried it with Blender and Merk's plug in, but Blender is saying it is missing or has a wrong field in the .msh files?

Hope someone can help me, I invested a lot of time but sadly can't discover the problems :-(

If it helps i can send you the mod.

Thanks!

Below a screenshot of the improved and repainted Solaris trolley,

• Hello all,

I still hope somebody can help me with my repaints?

I can't redress the following problems:

1. Front wheels won't turn (is this because the code is a tram?).

2. The trolleybuses don't make the turn very realistich in the original mod, the dieselbuses do, how can I make this happen for the trolleybuses to?

I can't just copy paste the code because of the difference between road and rail vehicle. I also experimented with Fakebogies but no luck :-(

3. I want (to make) the edges on topsides also going to the front. Tried it with Blender and Merk's plug in, but Blender is saying it is missing or has a wrong field in the .msh files?

4. Last door on only the 15m trolley has a gap. Can't acces Blender see above.

This problem I solved by using the mesh of the Urbino dieselbus.

Furthermore a small update for the Trollino 18m (can you guess from which City?):

And the original with the repaint.

BlueBrixx