Trolleybuses in Transport Fever 2 (discontinued)

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Hello Marcolino,

I hope these pictures are better, to see the difference, the back looks dirty with the new mesh..

Old Mesh:

New Mesh:

Both meshes:

Any idea?

Already tried to delete .tga and .dds files for the rust and dirt, that didn't help at all (made it worse).

Also I don't understand what changed, is it something in the .msh file?

• You do not need to convert the mesh and mesh.blob files individually, Tpf1 meshes work in both programms.

The ,,dirt" could be created by the smooth shading and some mistakes in your mesh, but I'm not sure.

• Hello thank you for both of your replies.

I understand that I don't have to convert them individuality, I was talking about lod 1 and 2.

Because the body has 3 meshes?

However tried this and sadly didn't work.

I want to try your idea, really need to solve this because it's really bothering me.

I have two question about the 'smooth shading'.

1. Iike you can see in the pictures posted earlier, the effect is not shown in the original Mesh.
      I didn't do anything to that part of the trolleybus and I also tried to use original Mesh in the converter and then use it.

So the problem is eather caused by the converter or somehow not relevant enough in the original mod.
      Is there an other converter I could use?
    2. Can I undo this smooth shading, best the make new faces?

Thanks!

• Thanks your a right again...

Now I have to figure out to only do a small part of the trolleybus.

But one thing I still don't understand.

I didn't change anything and the original mesh doesn't have this problem.

Why is this now occuring?

Only thing I can think of if it wasn't the converter, than only two option are left

1. Something went wrong when importing the .obj
    2. Something went wrong when exporting .obj.

Can you help me understanding what went wrong?

This were my import options:

• New project, new trolleybuses.

it's still in the very early stages of the development, so please be patient, also waiting for the green light from the original author.

Also I am doubting if I want the extra trouble of making the bus a tram.

Why, you are asking?

I don't know how, already tried to change everything in the .mdl to rail and tram instead of road and bus.

But the main reason is what I didn't like in the first repaints is: the wheels are not turning in the corner and the blink lights don't work eather.

When I leave it a bus, it works like it should be.

• Oké thanks.

Than I will make the trolleybus a road vehicle.

I need it to turn the wheels and blink.

So @ this point a added a second UV-map for the trolleybus parts, seems to work perfect.

Also adjusted the pantograph so it fits perfect with the mod from Majuen.

But I still don't know why the mesh is to smooth.

I didn't change anything and the original mesh doesn't have this problem.

I have the same problem with the Solaris Urbino IV.

Also another picture of the front (earlier made)

• Marcolino26,

You also made a different version of this Urbino (Solaris Urbino IV MVG).

Could you tell me if you also had the problem with the mesh which is to smooth?

1. How did you solve this, because when I make the mesh flat instead of smooth it's ugly?
    2. And when you didn't had that problem, could you please explain how you imported and exported the mesh?

I keep having the same problem and don't know how to fix it...

Do you also maybe know the following:

1. where can I edited that a face has the option to change color in the game?
      Please see the picture below and than the green, I want the possibility to also change this in-game

Thanks again!

• WOW it would be totally amazing :0

• Hello Marcolino,

So you didn't had the problem, but I have (please help me understand what I am doing wrong).

I know for sure I did push a button accidentally.

And because I tried the original mesh and gave the same problem, it's must be a problem with importing or exporting the mesh.

I followed the steps below:

1. Copied the original file (solaris_urbino_iv_12_body.msh and the msh.blob) to an empty location with the converter.
    2. Using a converter called TPC_BR146.exe
    3. Changing the name in run.bat with Notepad++ so it would look like:
      TFC_BR146.exe /make "solaris_urbino_iv_12_body" MESH OBJ /Z +Y /X -X /Y +Z
    4. Executed run.bat
    5. Next it created the file and I imported it with .obj and the following settings.
    6. I turned the the mesh with R+X+180
    7. In object mode I applied "Rotation"
    8. I exported with Merk export tool with the following settings:
    9. I replaced the files with the in the game file
    10. I have a mesh which is to smooth but didn't change anything...

Could you tell me what your are doing different?

I spend a lot of time figuring this out and used for example google and this forum, but no luck...

BlueBrixx