How to understand the details of "noiseStrength" and final terrain height

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• I'm trying to implement a map generator mod that supports Martian crater shapes. I have referenced mapgenutil.lua::MakeRidges to achieve the basic shape.

but when I tried to add noise details, I lost the control of "noiseStrength", increment this Value, will cause my circle ridges rise sharply.

for help me express my confusion, please let me make some conventions first:

• H0: the base height of the ground at point P(x,y) (mean height without noise. after a series of attempts, I found that this value will be equivalent to the peakHeight-50 )
    • N: the noise signal (in the interval [0,1])
    • S: noiseStrength.
    • H: final terrain height.

I naively thought:

H = H0*(1 + S * N)

But it's not actually. :/:saint:

anyone knows the details of "noiseStrength" and terrain height, please help me.

BlueBrixx