Frequent and random crashes

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Since I reached Campaign 1-4 (currently in 3-5) I am getting repeated random crashes every 5-20 min and it hard to play (although i keep doing xD).

I have no mods, tried Vulkan, OpenGL, lower all the graphic settings, disable autosaves, use MSI afterburner to underclock GPU, checked like 6 times file integrity (in steam), before and after the new patch, updated GPU drivers, increased RAM pagination size to minimum 24000MB and max 32000MB, deleted texture cache folder and nothing worked.

Seems in stdout that in every different campaign map there's some or one missing texture (what I understand from crash report), but can't find any solution. I attach my last stdout (have dozens of them).

My system is laptop with:

- i7 8700k (No overclock)

- 16 Gb DDR4 2400 in 2 slots

- GTX1070 8Gb

- SSD Samsung evo 960 500GB NVM.e with over 100Gb free

No heating issues while playing (all below 75ºC)

Thank you in advance.

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(5,47 kB, 207 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • I'm guessing that the length of the file name is causing the io error. There is an absolute limit on the length of the path qualified file name.

If you can get back into the game, immediately save it under a new name, see if that makes a difference.

• I also save games (when the crash is longer or just finished building a line or similar) in a shorter "savegameX" name and still crashes. Didn't noticed a different crash time on that load saveames vs crash savegame but will pay more attention and will post the stdout from one of those.

• Crashed with short name too but it was stable for more time until it started crashing every 5 min despite saving in new gamesaves... I'm lost.

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(6,58 kB, 148 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Redpenix ()

• I think what doug suggested helped, as at least this error is gone. Now it's a completely different error message. I wonder what you have done last before this crash occured and do you have crashes in a "normal" game (no campaign) too?

Just a thought. Have you tried it with Debug-Mode deactivated?

• Sad to hear. I never seen that error message and couldn't find relevant information. What I would do in your situation:

1) Start the steam filecheck again (I now you did it already but the solved error with the too long path could have corrupted files again, so maybe we have a new situtation now).

2) Before the final error message there are errors related to OPENGL-rendering in your stdout. So maybe worth to try it again with Vulkan and see what's noted in the stdout then (again as the prior errors are solved maybe a new situation now).

3) Finally I would contact Urban Games directly. Your system meets the minimum requirements and you are not using mods, so it should work (if it is not a hardware issue). Maybe they can tell what the error message is related to and maybe get additional information out of the crashdump-file (I guess they need the stdout.txt and the crashdump-file).

• Code
    C:\build\tpf2\src\Lib/ecs/ComponentManager.h:148: int __cdecl ecs::ComponentManager::GetComponentTypeIndex(const class std::type_index &) const: Assertion `it != m_compType2index.end()' failed.

That's the component error, which is quite known and sometimes reported (src filename may have changed with the update though).

It indicates a broken savegame. Some entity lacks of data. Because of the unsufficient error message, we can't tell which one or even which component type.

That means, filecheck wont help. Hardware and graphic probably wont have any influence, as it's an engine error.

Spiel stürzt nach Ladebildschirm ab.

Laufendes save game stürzt ab

• Sad to hear. I never seen that error message and couldn't find relevant information. What I would do in your situation:

1) Start the steam filecheck again (I now you did it already but the solved error with the too long path could have corrupted files again, so maybe we have a new situtation now).

2) Before the final error message there are errors related to OPENGL-rendering in your stdout. So maybe worth to try it again with Vulkan and see what's noted in the stdout then (again as the prior errors are solved maybe a new situation now).

3) Finally I would contact Urban Games directly. Your system meets the minimum requirements and you are not using mods, so it should work (if it is not a hardware issue). Maybe they can tell what the error message is related to and maybe get additional information out of the crashdump-file (I guess they need the stdout.txt and the crashdump-file).

Did 1 and 2, and there it is the stdout attached.
    3 was done a few weeks ago, but got no answer, that's why I am looking for in other places.
    Anyway thank you for your time and interest.

Does it means I can't do anything? If savegames get corrupted inexorably whatever I do...

Edit by Moderator:

Doublepost, please regard to the forum rules and edit your posts.

Dateien

• stdout.txt

(11,83 kB, 156 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MaikC ()

• Maybe, fixing the texture load error can solve the issue. The error only say, that an interator over a list find the end of a list before it is expected. So, data is corrupted. it can be in a save game or inside a mod.

• That means there is a chance of X percent that suddenly a game save is broken and that's it?

Might happen. Some mods have caused those kind of errors. Usually it shoudn't happen in vanilla game.

This error can have many different causes (as the message is actually very general).

In some cases there can be methods for trying to resolve the error... but it can be very persistent.

Does it means I can't do anything? If savegames get corrupted inexorably whatever I do...

Have you restartet the campaign mission?

Otherwise you could repeat 3) because it would be actually a Nogo if you don't use any mods and UG should be interested in those errors and do more to solve them

• I am not sure what you mean with restart the campaign since each mission is a brand new map and had issues from 4 until 18 in all of them. Also in the normal game I started to try it.
    If they didn't answer in a few weeks don't know how could I attract their attention... maybe in official discord?

Maybe, fixing the texture load error can solve the issue. The error only say, that an interator over a list find the end of a list before it is expected. So, data is corrupted. it can be in a save game or inside a mod.

I thought it was the texture error, but didn't find any solution either anywhere, that's why I also tried to remove the res dir and decompressed files again.

• My problem is already solved.

I'll leave it here just in case anyone else have the same issue.

First of all I must say that urban games answered fast and the first time I couldn't see it because it went to spam. That said they just did usual checks and asked for a savegame. They ran it a whole night and built something without crashing and stated that the problem should be in my computer but didn't have any evidence.

Reading more webs about improve performance and crashes saw that -useallcores command so monitored my CPU with cores info spread and only one was above 70% (the other 5 were usually 20-30%) so increased their clock from stock 3,7 Ghz to 4,3 Ghz on all and crashes are gone.

I use throttlestop and set max 3,7 Ghz for non high fps games to keep temperatures low (it's a desktop CPU in a laptop) and never had issues in any game other than having less fps than desired, but with TF2 seems it created an error with textures.

Sent this to Urban Games support twice to see if it had any sense to them or if it should be checked or something, but didn't replied. For me it is very strange since the minimum required is i5-2300, a 2012 4 core 4 threads with 3,1 GHz turbo speed and way lower IPC than my i7-8700k (6 cores 12 threads 3,7 GHz base clock).

Thanks to all who tried to help me, I hope this helps anyone else in the future.

TL;DR: increasing all cores speed from 3,7 Ghz to 4,3 Ghz solved it.

• What does that mean or entail? I never had a hardware issue in almost 4 years until I installed this game.
    I haven't used any XMP profile on RAM also, it has default config.

• Well, it depends the specific hardware configuration, but this old forum post could shed some light to what I tried to say:

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=157439

In other words, it could™ be that under special circumstances the "common denominator" of all frequencies used - especially when not default but manually altered in BIOS or where ever - could not be achieved and that could lead to instabilities.

BlueBrixx