[canceled] FYRA v250

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• Here's a couple shots of the minor updates I made to this. I redid the vents on the first car and re-cut the new body for the pantographs and started mapping all of the bodies. The image with the pantos might look the same as before but this new shot is of the new bodies where the other shots were taken of the old bodies. All the bodies had to be redone to make the doors animated. I couldn't do this with the old bodies because they were not made as accurate since I only used them to make small sprites for Locomotion.

Sorry there hasn't been more but there were problems in the games I had going and that needed my attention first. If you read the forums and seen the mods I worked on and the guide I wrote, you'd know where my time was spent. So please don't ask to see progress of this when there's nothing to show. You'd get flamed hard in the Locomotion forums for asking about the progress of a project but I won't do that because I think that's ignorant and one of the reasons I don't post there any more.

I have the bodies partially mapped now but have a lot more work to go before I can make the textures for them. I'm going to work on the textures today because I want to get this in the game to see how it'll look so I know where to go from there. This is going to take longer than I expected. I could rush thru it and release it quick but after all the work I put into the bodies, pantographs and bogies, I'm not going to rush this just so someone waiting for it gets its sooner than expected. I plan on this being one badass model of this train and it's looking good, to me, so far. I still have to reduce the polys in the pantograph and bogies for the LODs because I made them very high poly. I don't like low poly models like the stuff in MSTS. Most of the stuff in msts is junk to me and this game seems to run fine with higher poly models according to the gp40-2s and coal cars from Dekosoft I converted. I just don't want to over do it and will test this extensively to know what I can do and what I can't.

Here are the sots I just took of this. I hope to post more in a couple days or so as long as nothing else deters me from working on this.

EDIT: I forgot, I also just noticed recently that one of the pantographs are wrong. I thought they were both the same but just noticed that one has a double upper part. I don't know what it's called but I'll need to remake that. It shouldn't take too long to change since the rest of it is pretty much the same on both of them.

• You should look at "pelting" and "relaxing" for the unwrapping in the program you're using. The unwrap you showed got several overlaps. I'd also merge some of the parallel loops you have on the model - primarily the vertical ones on the straight part of the body. Also on the roof just over the cab.

Just some tips. ;)

• Thanks Bastargre. there's just so much to do on it. I work on it a little, play a little, work on something else and so on. I started too many things at once. A couple things I did and thought was an easy mod ended up taking more time than I thought. I'm still testing my road mods too.

You should look at "pelting" and "relaxing" for the unwrapping in the program you're using. The unwrap you showed got several overlaps. I'd also merge some of the parallel loops you have on the model - primarily the vertical ones on the straight part of the body. Also on the roof just over the cab.

Just some tips. ;)

Thanks for the tips but am not sure what that is. I don't know a lot about modelling or max. I haven't been doing it long and taught myself what I know with a little help from one person in the Locomotion forums. I've heard of "pelting" and "relaxing" but don't know how to use them and I've never heard of parallel loops in a model. I know the doors are overlapped but them will be moved. I just did it like that for the size of the mapped objects so they're the same size. That mapping was just a fast screen shot and has all been changed since that pic.

• Red arrows from one vertex to another means "weld." The goal is to remove unnecessary vertexes and loops from flat surfaces to decrease poly count. Pelt in Max is the icon that looks like a bear pelt in the "Unwrap UVW" modifier. It's better to use custom seams for it, though. This is rather somewhat advanced stuff, anyway.

• I see what you mean now but the long cuts for the color was/is necessary. I only applied color to the model originally to create the sprites for Locomotion. The models were never mapped so those long cuts tell me where the color is on the bodies. Once the textures are made, yes, those cuts can be removed but not until. Some seems also can not be removed like the one between the body and the front. If you understood the model, you'd know why and removing that one seem isn't going to make all that much of a difference when the rest of the things are made high poly. I still have to bring down the polys on the pantos and bogies but am not there yet.

This is also the very first model I made from scratch. I've imported and converted thing but this was the very first model I made myself so if it a little rough around the edges, that's why. And yes, the overlapping has been changed already. Like I said it was just a fast thing I did to show some progress of the thing.

I appreciate the tips tho. There are a lot of other things I'd like to know as well but have no one to ask so I just wing it and/or Google it. I also found a bunch of tutorials that I've used to learn. But I do appreciate tips from other modelers as well and thank you again for trying to help out.

• I didn't heard about this train in almost a month now. i'm just curious how far are you with this train?

This has been put on hold. I haven't even played the game in a few weeks now because I think it sux. If and/or when they finish the game I might decide to finish this but not right now, sorry. Now I wish I never posted about this train. There is a LOT of work that needs to be done to this and I just don't feel like it. I've even stopped working on the truck I was doing for this. It's just not worth my time right now when I don't like playing this game.

• Well, if you've put it on hold, you can add a "paused" tag instead of a "wip" tag behind it then?

From Narvik, Norway, home of the worlds' strongest locomotives 8)
    *Reads (simple) german, answers in english. :)

BlueBrixx