Aircraft Landing Optimization

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• good idea? 2

1. yes (1) 50%
    2. no (1) 50%

One thing that annoys me in TF2 is Aircraft Landing Spacing, I understand that the devs implemented this so players dont exploit planes but im a sandbox builder. I was wondering if theres even a way to make the spacing between airplanes more realistic especially when one aircraft is on the ground but one on approach and the aircraft on the ground exists the runway, runways clear but aircraft still goes around or when theres a aircraft on short final and a aircraft inbound from another airport, Instead of the inbound aircraft doing a slow descending or enter a consistent holding pattern(not climbing to almost cruise altitude and flys all the way to another city before coming around and attempting a approach again. I just want aircraft spacing to be more tight and realistic.

(Side note idea: For sandbox players airplanes will wait a little longer before boarding again to add more airport life)

Thanks for reading have a great rest of your day

• Indeed, this is an issue. But it is way beyond what a simple mod can achieve.

So this has been put before UG many times already. Spacing approaching aircraft would be much more realistic and much easier using a single NDB a few miles out of a runway. Arriving aircraft could simply enter a holding over the beacon at the highest free altitude, the lowest traffic is next to land and then everyone above takes one step down. Also, departing aircraft ought to line up when the previous landing aircraft has passed the arrival threshold, not when they have vacated. And, as You are undoubtedly aware, there are multiple other issues with aircraft in the game (when was the last time you boarded an aircraft with the engines running?).

One thing I´ll grant though. The chosen method of giving departing traffic the right of way is sort of understandable, if only grudgingly so: ground holding capacity on a taxiway is limited, so with too dense arriving traffic, the clog would happen on the ground instead of in the air, probably leading to much lower traffic flow rates than with the present method.

Anyways, I digress. What is your proposal beyond confirming the problem?

• Indeed, this is an issue.

I have no knowledge of coding, i was think of starting to learn lua becuase the only reason i play more CS more(I dont build the airports there because airports are way worse there) then TF2 is because of this issue and it infuriates me way to much eventually, I did read an intersting temp fix idea by disabling collisions for aircraft but yet again i have no knowledge of code.

Refering to having the aircraft cloging on the ground instead of the air, id honestly rather have planes stuck on the ground because thats more realistic.

I have no knowledge of coding

Side note as well HAP2 Seems to fix this issue with one of there airports but that airport way to big for a TF2 map

Edit by Moderator: Full quotes shortened. Double post merged. Please note forum rules

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MaikC () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von DaUkrainian mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• DH-106

Hat das Label nicht modbar hinzugefügt
BlueBrixx