BR (ET) 403

Willkommen in der Transport Fever Community

Wir begrüßen euch in der Fan-Community zu den Spielen Transport Fever und Train Fever, den Wirtschaftssimulatoren von Urban Games. Die Community steht euch kostenlos zur Verfügung damit ihr euch über das Spiel austauschen und informieren könnt. Wir pflegen hier einen freundlichen und sachlichen Umgang untereinander und unser Team steht euch in allen Fragen gerne beiseite.

Die Registrierung und Nutzung ist selbstverständlich kostenlos.

Wir wünschen euch viel Spaß und hoffen auf rege Beteiligung.

Das Team der Transport-Fever Community

• So, after a brief pause I've finished the IC-version and did the Lufthansa-livery. Like I said, once the
    groundwork (normal mapping and primary weathering) is done, all repaints are quite easy.

For comparison:

Now the other wagons and the Steuerwagen has to be finished, this will take some time - especially the
    wagons need different normal mapping and of course some proper art work has to be made.

• Naja, das mit den Ecken der Fenster hatte ich dir schon in der Erstellungsphase gesagt. :D Und du wolltest was dran machen :sleeping: Je besser Cadoras nun den Pinsel schwingt, desto deutlicher kommt das nun raus.... die Fenster sind eckig im Model, wo sie im Original abgerundet sind...

i7-5820 K | 32 GB | GTX 2070 Super 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 10 TB HDDs
    i7-3770 K | 16 GB | GTX 1070 8 GB | Win 10 64bit | 4 TB HDDs

• Hab das auch nicht geändert weil das Modell an Cadoras ging ^^
    Hab aber verpennt Ihm das zu sagen. Aber er ist ja noch nicht released....
    Gibt im moment noch deftigere Baustellen an dem Ding.... mir graußt es schon vor den animationen... Frage mich ie die Tür aufgeht... hoffe ICE style....

• Baustellen wie Mapping, Animationen etc. sind die Fiesen ^^
    Ne Fensterrundung steht da hinten an :P

Obwohl die Fenster haben es auch mächtig in sich, da das Mapping das ganze auch noch verzerrt...
    Das ist dann die wahre Kunst des Texturierens! Etwas so zu texturieren, dass es so Krum ist, dass es auf dem Modell gerade erscheint...
    Finde das immer irre wie Cadoras das hinbekommt.

• OK, @Mr_Tattarisuo and @Flux, left is the old one, on the right the new one:

This is the utmost what I can do within the limits of texturing - the most I can do with the available mapping. As you can see the
    front is completely shaped - it's not flat. In the template however, that part is completely flat. Within the confines of that space
    this is what I can do.

What did I do? I've made the sides of the windows less angular and I've given the edges as much curve as it could get without going
    ropy on the model.

• Just out of curiosity and of course no demand to Bandion or you. Does it mean that on the original model the front window was modeled incorrectly which led to a wrong mapping? Getting it right therefore would require fixing the model (i.e. explicitly model the front window with the correct geometry) and remap it, which of course would be time consuming.
    I think you managed to improve it quite a lot already and if that is the best that can be done, so be it.

• None of the windows were modelled, per my request. Windows can easily be made with texturing and normal mapping.
    In essence it is unnecessary and only enlarges the polycount. Furthermore, this way the windows are entirely under my
    control for texturing and weathering.

I am quite pleased with the way it looks now. It may not be 100% accurate, but it comes (quite) close. As said, this is
    the utmost what I can do with texturing and normal mapping. To improve further, Bandion would have to remap the
    entire frontend, after which I'll have to retexture and redo the normal mapping on that section.

I can't speak for Bandion, but I think the amount work is disproportional to the expected gain. To be honest: I even
    think there won't be many people that would notice the changes made.

So, to go short: You're right @Mr_Tattarisuo, but I think we can agree that it's close enough (about 95%) and that those
    changes do not justify the hours of work needed and the further delay. The community would tear us apart.... ;)

You're assumptions are right, and although you didn't made a demand - you very politely inquired. But I think we'll have
    to dissapoint.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Cadoras ()

BlueBrixx